The Jim Goodwin Thread

Bias, pure bias by the BBC!

Why didn't they show 2 of the many that The Turk dished out and the one on Thompson that he got booked for, for complaining? The ref even told him to go off to get the blood cleared up FFS!

Edited by Vambo57

It is bias, as they highlighted and replayed the incidents. None by United were shown, therefore.... bias.

I complained to the BBC last year when we beat Sevco, that the highlights showed EVERY Rangers chance but not all of ours (including missing out the multi-pass move leading to one of our goals), which actually misled the watcher into thinking Sevco actually had the better of the match and we just stole the game. The BBC said it was an editorial decision.

So, in this case too, it was an editorial decision to be biased.

Given Madden was 10 feet away and looking straight at the incident then any retrospective action against Goodwin would lead to disciplinary action against the ref. I can't see how Goodwin can be cited for it without the same authorities throwing the book at the official for not taking action at the time. Difficulty position fot Mr Lunney methinks.

It is bias, as they highlighted and replayed the incidents. None by United were shown, therefore.... bias.

I complained to the BBC last year when we beat Sevco, that the highlights showed EVERY Rangers chance but not all of ours (including missing out the multi-pass move leading to one of our goals), which actually misled the watcher into thinking Sevco actually had the better of the match and we just stole the game. The BBC said it was an editorial decision.

So, in this case too, it was an editorial decision to be biased.

Of course it's biased

The highlights earlier didn't have this incident but now after Utd put that clip out this afternoon it's now included

I wish some of the other mid field, players had same bottle and commitment as Jim, reading some of the post hear sounds like some of the posters want him banned, ffs.

If only he could combine bottle and commitment with talent and brains. I've no doubt he brings joy to the bobble hatted buffoon in W1, but he is putting the team out to dry every week.

My opinion on Jim Goodwin is that he is a good player and captain for us, but needs to cut out the nonsense that only lets himself down and on occassions his team-mates.

McGinn, McLean and McGowan can do their stuff far more effectively with Jim Goodwin in there with them doing the graft. Just cut out the un-necessary stuff please Jim.

looks like the guy got the elbow on or near the jaw with thee upper arm/shoulder catching him behind the ear. there is a snap to the movement that indicates goodwin was more interested in hurting than distracting the player

not good, but he got away this time-next time will be karma and he will get sent off for bugger all

_71968293_9151842.jpg

I think we can safely judge that contact was made to both the front and the back of the head on this occasion, or does anyone need to see a better angle

so cnow every team in the league will issue a photographer to all their games looking to catch an incident which can enable a player from the opposite team to receive a ban

kinda delayed replay technology

where will it end???

time for the SFA to tell certain moaning faced managers to shut the f**k up

I'm not trying to detract from Goodwins actions but the whole affair is certainly detracting from our magnificent result.

How much if this is a deliberate ploy from Utd to throw a smokescreen around their thumping?

There are incidents in every game that go unnoticed, I'm surprised were doing our bit to pour petrol onto the fire.

Dundee Utd are pitiful, bitter club. They took an absolute roasting at the hands of the mighty Saints and that wee rat McNamara can only point to Goodwin in order to try and brush over a horrendous result. GIRFUY ya c**t.

Clearly there was intent from Goodwin which he will more than likely get hammered for, but Uniteds desperation is pretty despicable. Where they not the ones apoplectic after Gunnings ban after Celtic? The hypocrisy is staggering.

Anyway, 4-1, Some exceptional performance. Young McGinn givving the so-called wonderkids a footballing lesson. Utd absolutely spewing at Goodwin. The majority on this forum getting their wish (thumbdown.gif), a Goodwin suspension. A good boxing day all round I guess.

Lennon did well to take him off yesterday. Bench him on Sunday?

Let's the dust settle a bit and makes it clear to Jim that he can't be a liability to the team. The referee will be quick to book him no doubt and getting him sent off will be in Gary Locke's team-talk. I would fancy us to beat them with or without Goodwin anyway, and we've got an arguably more important game at Killie a few days later.