The Jim Goodwin Thread

Watch this to put Adams comments into perspective http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/249205-the-big-call-reviewing-the-weekends-controversial-refereeing-decisions/ Jim committed the most fouls in the game. four, the same number as Kettlewell. Kettlewell was booked - for a late challenge on Jim. Jim was the most fouled against player on the park. County's tactics were obviously to have a go at Jim and try to get a reaction from him. Adams said that Jim was kicking lumps out of his players while County's Sproule assaulted Cheesy.

Jim is a hard tackler but he took more than he he dished out yesterday.

I actually don't think Jim's anywhere near as bad as he's painted by people.

It's laughable that Derek Adams claims he's treated with immunity by refs, when there are tackles in EVERY single game where Goody gets booked but other players just wouldn't!

Every team needs an enforcer. He's ours. I'd f**king hate him if he played for somebody else!

Also, worth remembering, is that he was wanted by Hibs, went and spoke to them out of courtesy, was offered MORE money, but chose to stay with us. Says a lot about the man, much more than the player on the pitch.

I like JG, too. I do every so often wish he'd reign it in a bit - for instance the handball yesterday was irresponsible. Back on topic, my favourite JG moment was following the semi final at Hampden last season when he danced a wee jig after finding out he wasn't suspended for the final.

He is the master of winding folk up, I also recall him giving that horrible gnaff Black a quiet bit of advice at Tynecastle, Black steered well clear.

Exactly the sort of player we would all hate if he was in the opposing side.

Aye, well, he's no....he's oors!clap.gif

@VanzyD: Has anybody seen Goody?

Glorious tweet!

I was sure he screamed at him but didnt actually make the tackle and templeton still shat it and let the ball go out of play. Belter

I may start a Jim Goodwin 'Shat it-o-meter' for the amount of times the opposition absolutely fill their drawers as a result of the threat of being well and truly schooled by the big man.