The Jim Goodwin Thread

Another yellow card today which makes 11 for the season (in the league) - anyone know how close he is to another suspension?

Not sure bud, but that was a good booking for the team at the time.

Thought he was solid today, looks much better with 2 solid centre mids in front of him compared with the start of the season.

How exactly can that wee turd Derek Adams get away with continually accusing Goodwin of violent conduct on the pitch? That's twice Adams has singled out Jim and publicly accused him. The SFA should review the footage of the match - if Goodwin is deemed to have done something wrong then fair enough he should be taken to task for it. If he's not found to have done anything wrong then Adams should be censured and fined.

What an objectionable little man.

I didn't catch the bbc Alba game last night, and I don't think the highlights are on the bbc site yet. Did anyone see this incident or the highlights on the telly, was this challenge as bad as DA is spouting? If the impartial (ie, me) don't think this deserves a 90 day spell in the Bar-L then something needs to be done.

If this could be argued that there is a concerted attack from the likes of Dundee Utd Derek Adams and the rest of these hand ringers then the club needs to take action at the highest level. This can not only affect the club but the guy himself and his family.

McNamara and the way that Utd used social media was a f**king disgrace. Adams behaviour yesterday (I read) was equally pathetic.

The club and the fans need to start backing the big man.

I didn't catch the bbc Alba game last night, and I don't think the highlights are on the bbc site yet. Did anyone see this incident or the highlights on the telly, was this challenge as bad as DA is spouting? If the impartial (ie, me) don't think this deserves a 90 day spell in the Bar-L then something needs to be done. If this could be argued that there is a concerted attack from the likes of Dundee Utd Derek Adams and the rest of these hand ringers then the club needs to take action at the highest level. This can not only affect the club but the guy himself and his family. McNamara and the way that Utd used social media was a f**king disgrace. Adams behaviour yesterday (I read) was equally pathetic. The club and the fans need to start backing the big man.

I think he is a marked man now but start backing him? The fans have backed him since the moment he signed.

I'm getting fed up now if the chat constantly being about Goodwin after every game. It just shows he isn't doing his job properly - helping us to win football matches. He either does that or f**ks off. If he wants to play the villain and get booed every week, he can go do a stint in a theatre somewhere.

We need our captain to be a leader and show by example in both his performances and attitude. I don't think we get that from Jim Goodwin any more.

I didn't catch the bbc Alba game last night, and I don't think the highlights are on the bbc site yet. Did anyone see this incident or the highlights on the telly, was this challenge as bad as DA is spouting? If the impartial (ie, me) don't think this deserves a 90 day spell in the Bar-L then something needs to be done. If this could be argued that there is a concerted attack from the likes of Dundee Utd Derek Adams and the rest of these hand ringers then the club needs to take action at the highest level. This can not only affect the club but the guy himself and his family. McNamara and the way that Utd used social media was a f**king disgrace. Adams behaviour yesterday (I read) was equally pathetic. The club and the fans need to start backing the big man.

DA's behaviour regarding the header incident was a disgrace, but I did feel an elbow was used in the first half. Hard to tell intent with the elbow, if a player is coming directly at you then you will put an arm up to a degree.

Not entirely sure why DL got sent to the stand, I can only assume he's not allowed to react.

I think he is a marked man now but start backing him? The fans have backed him since the moment he signed.

I'm getting fed up now if the chat constantly being about Goodwin after every game. It just shows he isn't doing his job properly - helping us to win football matches. He either does that or f**ks off. If he wants to play the villain and get booed every week, he can go do a stint in a theatre somewhere.

We need our captain to be a leader and show by example in both his performances and attitude. I don't think we get that from Jim Goodwin any more.

That's right, that's right ! whistling.gif

DA's behaviour regarding the header incident was a disgrace, but I did feel an elbow was used in the first half. Hard to tell intent with the elbow, if a player is coming directly at you then you will put an arm up to a degree.

Not entirely sure why DL got sent to the stand, I can only assume he's not allowed to react.

From the bit on alba that they showed could have been foul abd abusive language as DL told him to go feck himselve

So.... the fans have backed him from the start, but if we don't win or he gets boo'd he can f**k off to the theatre? Yup, that's exactly the backing I was thinking of.

No - you said it was time the fans started backing him. We've backed him since day one. What has Jim Goodwin actually contributed to recent performances/results, apart from more bookings, suspensions and controversy? I love a player that gets stuck in and wins tackles but think about Hugh Murray in his prime - he got on with his job and concentrated on trying to help the team win games. Goodwin is just proving a liability now and he isn't performing the job he's paid to do - win tackles, win balls and feed our more creative players.

I'll be happy to see him walk out the door with Danny this summer.

think jim brings an awful lot on himself,if he just did the job we know he can do then in time the refs will leave him alone ,but for some reason jim just cant seem to stop himself from doing silly things in every game,he tries to be the big bad wolf and it is actually affecting his and the teams performances

Goodwin was silly with the first challenge which was defo leading with the arm.

The one which got Adams hot under the collar was simply a big ol clash of heads, no need for Adams to react how he did. If he (adams)had any grace at all , after watching the replay, he would admit he got it wrong & retract his statements. If not, he should be hauled in front of the SFA/SPFL beaks for bringing the game into disrepute.

Goodwin was silly with the first challenge which was defo leading with the arm.

The one which got Adams hot under the collar was simply a big ol clash of heads, no need for Adams to react how he did. If he (adams)had any grace at all , after watching the replay, he would admit he got it wrong & retract his statements. If not, he should be hauled in front of the SFA/SPFL beaks for bringing the game into disrepute.

Agree re the second challenge... Adams said in the press that tv would show whether it should have been a booking or not. It clearly shouldn't and if Adams was any sort of man he would apologise... ... BUT... ...

Jim leading with his arm (AGAIN) for the first one gives Adams a perfect get out of jail free card... he just deflects attention to that one... which was inexcusable and worthy of a card!

I fear Jim will be retrospectively punished for that one, which was just as bad as the one against Armstrong.

Sorry Jim... I have defended you to the hilt and love a "hard but fair" type of player... but these fore-arm smashes have given others a legitimate grievance and you have effectively singled yourself out for special attention with them.

bangin.gif