The Jim Goodwin Thread

if he played well - why call him van panic, just another moan for moans sake guy are you ? we won 4 feckin 1 today. you moaners really get on my wick

Oh dear calm down! Not moaning at all, see my other posts regarding today's game. Thought we were excellent, thoroughly enjoyed the game and delighted with every single players performance!

I'm not vansys biggest fan at right back but thought he did really well today and think he could be a pretty good back up for our captain in the holding role...

i feel sad for you - because we won today, obviously you hope and wish that the referee spots everything and goodwin gets sent off - no luck for you today though, incidentally it's "could have" not "could of" and maybe you would have a point if we did lose the game - but we didn't

I hope I wish? Where did I say that so shut up you tit.

The team was brilliant today. I've been on twitter praising the player for there performance today.

This topic is about Jim Goodwin not how good the team was so I'm giving my option on that. If you don't like it don't read and don't comment.

Oh dear calm down! Not moaning at all, see my other posts regarding today's game. Thought we were excellent, thoroughly enjoyed the game and delighted with every single players performance!

I'm not vansys biggest fan at right back but thought he did really well today and think he could be a pretty good back up for our captain in the holding role...

why call him van panic then ?

Buddiecat

This is the Jim Goodwin thread not the match day thread. He was a liability today, DL clearly thought so too. Would you like to disagree or add something remotely worthwhile to the discussion?

sorry i did not realise this was a thread set up to moan about our captain, and you think your addition is worthwhile - for what exactly

The team was brilliant today. I've been on twitter praising the player for there performance today.

This topic is about Jim Goodwin not how good the team was so I'm giving my option on that. If you don't like it don't read and don't comment.

so it's ok to call me a tit - and what exactly does "giving my option" mean and what player were you praising - check yourself before calling people names

Goodwin is an idiot who could easily have costed us the 3 points if DL didn't sub him. He was dreadful last week, losing possession continually (see 'well's 2nd goal) and was a near liability this week.

His first contribution today was to give away a needless foul in the middle of the park when the utd player had his back to goal. Very wise Jim, just make the ref aware of you within the first couple of minutes.

The ego far outweighs the talent AND contribution... Get him benched.

costed ! lol.gif near liability ? does that mean he wasn't a liability ?

Big Jim was targeted from the start today and booked unfairly IMO...

but that said, he rose to the bait and gave the ref the opportunity to card him once the mist had come down.

Not sure if anyone else in the family stand noticed... but as he ran past Ciftci on the goal-line, he had a blatant punch in the guys gut!

Missed by the officials... but if the cameras have picked it up then Mr Lunny will definitely be playing Deal or no Deal with him on the telephone!!!

Danny was 100% right to take him off when he did... but I do feel for him as he is blatantly being targeted and treated unfairly harshly by referees in general.

Edited by BuddieinEK

It's a thread to discuss Jim Goodwin I would've thought... The clue's in the title. If you don't want to read views that differ from yours, don't go on a forum.

So, what did you think of Jim's contribution today?

i thought jim done his job today - he is always liable to get booked because of how he plays, i think he upset united today then had to come off before he got sent off, and if this is a forum to air your views - then why can i not add my own view ? or is it just your view that counts as a view ?

You just did, why would I complain about that? Your previous posts just amounted to a whinge about people commenting on Jim Goodwin... which is the purpose of this thread.

Anyways... Back to Jim. There's no doubt that Utd were targeting him, but as an experienced pro who likes to dish it out himself AND play up (see Boyd sending off) he should be cleverer than that to not fall into their trap.

You just did, why would I complain about that? Your previous posts just amounted to a whinge about people commenting on Jim Goodwin... which is the purpose of this thread.

Anyways... Back to Jim. There's no doubt that Utd were targeting him, but as an experienced pro who likes to dish it out himself AND play up (see Boyd sending off) he should be cleverer than that to not fall into their trap.

oh sorry for posting - i'll leave you people to moan about comment on mr goodwins performance

Tbh I didn't see it as united targeting him. It was probably the other way round, I think our manager told Goodwin to get some tough tackles in and unsettle their youngsters which he did and in the end it worked. This stuff about them having a game plan to target him is rubbish imo. That united team came to paisley today thinking they'd just carry on where they left off and play us off the park, I doubt very much they were even bothered about trying to get opposition players sent off

i think it's very wrong that it's okay that wankers can come on here and call people names - but if you ask them to come and call you names to your face it's seen as being aggresive

Goodwin has become a bit of an easy target for the refs, and it doesn't help when other managers mention his name in the media after games! Although I did think his booking was a bit harsh today. DL done the right thing taking off.

He's an easy target because he commits fouls, nothing more. Maybe years ago the off the ball stuff, elbows in the air and just blatantly clipping people was okay. His booking was one, he then just tripped someone for no reason straight after and his almost clueless style would have seen him off soon enough.

We looked better without him in there, tighter and more positive going forward. I'd say Van Zanten now "has the shirt".

Edited by TsuMirren

He's an easy target because he commits fouls, nothing more. Maybe years ago the off the ball stuff, elbows in the air and just blatantly clipping people was okay. His booking was one, he then just tripped someone for no reason straight after and his almost clueless style would have seen him off soon enough.

We looked better without him in the air, tighter and more positive going forward. I'd say Van Zanten now "has the shirt".

???? You are aff yer heed !

jim is a legend every team needs a leader on the pitch he's one of the best at what he does should never have been booked yesterday the managers who slag him would have him in there team in a second the thing I would like to see now is St Mirren making a statement in support of our skipper thumbup2.gif

Thought Goodys booking was very soft. But after that he seemed to covered in the red mist and Lennon was right in subbing him.

When Vanzy came on he did the simple things really well

There were a few tackles right in front of me that were just stupid, no attempt made for the ball either. I like Goodwin and how u plays but he could have cost us dearly yesterday hadhe been kept on. Im sure lennons spoke to him before about his conduct??

Agree that DVZ plays the position well the few times hed had too

Big Jim was targeted from the start today and booked unfairly IMO...

but that said, he rose to the bait and gave the ref the opportunity to card him once the mist had come down.

Not sure if anyone else in the family stand noticed... but as he ran past Ciftci on the goal-line, he had a blatant punch in the guys gut!

Missed by the officials... but if the cameras have picked it up then Mr Lunny will definitely be playing Deal or no Deal with him on the telephone!!!

Danny was 100% right to take him off when he did... but I do feel for him as he is blatantly being targeted and treated unfairly harshly by referees in general.

I saw exactly what you saw. It is Jim's character and although at specific times a liability (see/hear DL's comments about sticking or twisting when Goodwin is on a yellow from Radio Scotland post match interview) his commitment and drive make a massive difference when the team plays. We were miles better in the first half largely due to his performance. Dogged defending and an excellent performance from Kello kept us in the game, then came their bad tackle and the game was over due to us reasserting ourselves late in the second half.

Dundee Utd are a very good side. Yes they are light weight and I would argue there are two ways of beating them: out muscling or out playing them. Yesterday we did both in the first half, both thanks to Jim Goodwin. In the second half we defensively played very well but it took the sending off to readdress the balance of the game (with all due respect to DVZ) because our captain was rightly subbed.

Goodwin needs to keep the commitment and passion, but just be a little bit more cute when it comes to ensuring our creative players can play. I think more teams will target him as he has the potential to get sent off, but I wouldn't swap him for anyone on yesterday's performance.

The Dundee Utd Official YouTube channel has put up an incident involving Casper.

Trial by TV.

What next? A rerun of Aber pulling Sturrock up by his lugs. In his defence Aber went to pick him up by the hand, but the ear got in the way.

The guy is an idiot, he really could have cost us so much this season. A long spell on the bench (at best) is needed.

I think Armstrong needs to make up his mind whether he was struck on the face or the back of his head.

Stupid challenge by Goodwin and he can really have no complaints if he gets punished retrospectively.

Although, if the incident is reviewed, then Cifcti deserves similar treatment for his attempted elbow on Goodwin after he sclaffed his shot into Kello's arms in the first half.