The Jim Goodwin Thread

I think Armstrong needs to make up his mind whether he was struck on the face or the back of his head.

Stupid challenge by Goodwin and he can really have no complaints if he gets punished retrospectively.

Although, if the incident is reviewed, then Cifcti deserves similar treatment for his attempted elbow on Goodwin after he sclaffed his shot into Kello's arms in the first half.

Aye regardless of whether he was making more out of it than it was, goodwins clearly trying to do him wi the elbow.

How anyone can try and defend his performance yesterday is beyond me, that's a sending off and there were a few more like it.

It was but you're naive to think he's the only one up to them tricks.

The guy up front for them was guiltly on use of his elbows especially on young Kelly in the first half.

Just shows how bad a ref Madden is more interested in the crowd than whats happening on the pitch

Goodwin also "punched" Shifty while screening the ball back to Kello, I sit in the family stand and saw it clear as day but none of the officials did and although you can see it on the highlights it doesn't look as bad as this incident. Many will say others are at it etc and I am sure that is the case but we should concenrate on our players and the impact this might have had yesterday. I am sure Goodwin will get banned for this so the club have to sit Goodwin down and get him told that (some) of his actions on the park are unacceptable...

The guy is an idiot, he really could have cost us so much this season. A long spell on the bench (at best) is needed.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_pkeh9Hesg&feature=share&list=UUk7C7hsc6ACmRtuFC_szpRQ

I wonder if DUFC would have posted this had they not been spanked??

Somehow I doubt it :rolleyes:

Jim is out of order though. No need for it.

that video is pretty damning I must say. He could easily have been off for that and quite possibly will yet get a ban for it. That sort of stuff has to stop.

But at the same time Danny needs to speak up for him somehow. If he is in the team for the Hearts game you can be sure the same thing will happen with him being targeted....his is booked before the game even starts.

It's funny how nobody has even mentioned the fact the McLean made the exact same movement 2 seconds before Goodwin did.....but because it's Jim everyone goes apeshit.

I notice it was Dun Utd that released the video. I must have missed them also releasing Ciftci making the same challenege Goodwin was booked for and hos blatant throwing an elbow at Goodwin after Kello saved his shit. What a spiteful, hypocritical, scummy club. No real surprise given that their manager was a bit of a thug in his time too. The Jim Hamilton challenge anyone?

It was but you're naive to think he's the only one up to them tricks.

The guy up front for them was guiltly on use of his elbows especially on young Kelly in the first half.

Just shows how bad a ref Madden is more interested in the crowd than whats happening on the pitch

Im fully aware that other players aren't squeaky clean, elbows, shirt pulling etc happen. It doesn't mean that Goodwin should be running around doing it coz other people are! Plus that video shows how blatant he can be! hes no intention of getting the ball!

Im fully aware that other players aren't squeaky clean, elbows, shirt pulling etc happen. It doesn't mean that Goodwin should be running around doing it coz other people are! Plus that video shows how blatant he can be! hes no intention of getting the ball!

He did get the ball...... about 30 seconds before the forearm/elbow smash :P

Goodwin has never been a 'ghost' an he never will be. If he is banned for the above then I won't have any complaints, but I'm not going out of my way to encourage a ban. It's up to those in charge to look at it and decide.

We are a better side when one player can concentrate on breaking down play and letting the opposition know they are in a contest. Jim Goodwin does this for us.

I am not defending football's 'dark arts', nor the above. The game would be better without them, but I completely agree that it is naivety to think that it doesn't go on in every game.

Highlighting one specific instance smacks of desperation on the part of Dundee Utd. For example, Rankin caught Thommo on the side of the face with a forearm or elbow in the second half then both he and Thommo shook hands despite it being a sore one and Thommo rubbing his face for 2-3mins afterwards. We haven't highlighted that.

The opposition yesterday were played off the park when he was playing in the first half. The second half until the sending off was a different story.

Like him, love him or loathe him, when he plays and the rest of the team are allowed to play around him we are a better side.

We need this type of player. I used to think the spine of our team was powder puff.

Now we have the likes of Cheesy and McGregor at the back, Goodwin in the middle and Thommo up front. This allows the younger flair players to go and express themselves.

I remember the spine including the likes of Potter.

Edited by Kendo

The referee was 10 yards away, never even spoke to Jim. This TV angle makes it look like he elbowed the lad. He never.

There are some so-called supporters on here that would encourage action to be taken against Jim because of this misleading video. They should grow up or get their mammies to take them up the shops when the football's on.

He did get the ball...... about 30 seconds before the forearm/elbow smash tongue.png

haha aye I mean when hes charging, leading with the elbow into theboys face, hes clearly no going for the ball :P

We do miss him when hes not playing but its the good part of his game we miss, not the UFC part of his game.

There is no excuse for that sort of challenge. He wss rightly subbed. I defended him yesterday though after this viewing is quite hard to.

Saying that, there should be a compilation video made of the boy Ciftci for his style of challenging for a ball. the linesman and grabbing their throats.

Fixed it for you rolleyes.gif Dundee Utd are the same angelic team that almost caused a referee strike because of their dust up when ICT knocked them out the cup. McNamara learned lots of how to lose badly and without dignity tricks in his time with Celtic.

Edited by Kendo

he got the ball great tackle its not jims fault these overrated pussies folded like cheap suits a thing they where guilty of all game light weight little boys trying to play a mans game why are there tv channel not going on about cifcti he wanted to kick and punch anything that got in his road

Edited by stevie1877smfc

He is what he is, any attempt to change him would be unlikely to improve him - I'd keep him for better or..........

Also a bit like Hugh Murray (while he was with us) his ratio of red cards to yellow is actually fairly small, I wasn't there yesterday but he generally knows what he can get away with - it's a fine line being Jim Goodwin.

Edited by Bud the Baker