Germany To Win World Cup?

RickMcD

OK, it was only England they beat (who, incidentally, weren't too shabby at times) but I thought some of Germany's football was an absolute treat to watch. Bearing in mind it was almost a reserve team, the overall performance augers well for them next year. Their passing at times was magnificent and they have no fear of passing to a teammate who is being marked closely. Their one touch ability is terrific. Gambling is a mug's game but if I was a gambler I'd maybe have a speculative tenner on them.

Is Gerrard still good enough to be heading to Brazil?

OK, it was only England they beat (who, incidentally, weren't too shabby at times) but I thought some of Germany's football was an absolute treat to watch. Bearing in mind it was almost a reserve team, the overall performance augers well for them next year. Their passing at times was magnificent and they have no fear of passing to a teammate who is being marked closely. Their one touch ability is terrific. Gambling is a mug's game but if I was a gambler I'd maybe have a speculative tenner on them.

Is Gerrard still good enough to be heading to Brazil?

Germany are 9/2, joint second favourite with Argentina. Brazil 10/3 fav, Spain 4th in betting at 11/2.

On Gerrard, way past his best IMO, not a patch on his form from 3-8 years ago.

Doesn't contribute much, hardly scores so not really a key player.

Not much value for Germany to win it. Think Brazil and Argentina have to be heavy favourties.

Spain and Germany are Europes best chance though.

Gerard has been superb for Liverpool when I have seen them this season. Pulls the strings for them. England are a different kettle of fish though I don't think Roy knows his best formation and starting 11 yet. They could struggle getting out of the group stage if the draw is unkind on them.

That was the Germans B team last night. Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Neur and Muller never played, that's their 4 best players. Amusing to note that an half arsed German B team can show up and beat an extremely motivated England A team at Wembley without much trouble.

Alas, I still don't think they'll win it. Got to be Brazil to me, they were superb in the Confed cup and they look to be coming together at just the right time. Oh, and Scolari knows how to win the thing.

That was the Germans B team last night. Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Neur and Muller never played, that's their 4 best players. Amusing to note that an half arsed German B team can show up and beat an extremely motivated England A team at Wembley without much trouble.

Alas, I still don't think they'll win it. Got to be Brazil to me, they were superb in the Confed cup and they look to be coming together at just the right time. Oh, and Scolari knows how to win the thing.

Hard to argue with that with home advantage being massive. I'd quite like to see Germany doing it all the same.

• 4 weeks later...