Techy Question (2)

salmonbuddie

Goodness me.

I remember being the third person in my street to get a television and one of the first to get a coloured television.

I have no memory of my television morphing into a magical machine with a remote control that did not connect to the television by means of a wire. I also recall my first video recorder was a top loading beta - max. I still have my gramophone, it sits under the window in the sitting room.

I used to be quite clued up with technology but now I am being somewhat left behind. Does everyone understand this stuff or am I in some sort of techno wizard thread that is making me feel quite useless?

I also remember my first electric kettle!

Goodness me.

I remember being the third person in my street to get a television and one of the first to get a coloured television.

I have no memory of my television morphing into a magical machine with a remote control that did not connect to the television by means of a wire.  I also recall my first video recorder was a top loading beta - max.  I still have my gramophone, it sits under the window in the sitting room.

I used to be quite clued up with technology but now I am being somewhat left behind.  Does everyone understand this stuff or am I in some sort of techno wizard thread that is making me feel quite useless?

And I remember seeing reversing beepers for lorries showcased on Tomorrow's World! !!!! Them and cd's.

I had been paying for the top package for years before realising I wasn't getting full value

Wasn't until I called to complain and they asked me what router I was using did it come out that I should have been using one of the Virgin-supplied Super Routers rather than the one I had bought myself previously.

If you don't have one then get on the blower to them. I get approx 45Mbps (or whatever the unit is) when downloading

Goodness me.

I have no memory of my television morphing into a magical machine with a remote control that did not connect to the television by means of a wire.  I also recall my first video recorder was a top loading beta - max.  I still have my gramophone, it sits under the window in the sitting room.

I used to be quite clued up with technology but now I am being somewhat left behind.  Does everyone understand this stuff or am I in some sort of techno wizard thread that is making me feel quite useless?

Not old enough to remember not having tv but old enough to remember colour starting - on BBC2 iirc. You were posh if you were first to get colour, don't think we got colour till1970+

To answer the questions raised in your penultimate paragraph, yes and no respectively - and it's not an age thing when an old fart like me understands it.......

:)

Was going to that tonight but wanted to send an e-mail sitting at the desk before I took the laptop through to the other room. Seemed a bit quicker so ran the speed test and got 20Mbps. Tried the phone and got the same. It's weird.