January Window Bubbling Away

lovestreet

He is going to need very long legs.....by all accounts the big bahookie went awol around the last international break.

Not sure he has been seen since....

That's the case, he hasn't been seen by the club since the players broke up for the international break after the Thistle game. Safe to say he's played he's last game for the club and his return to Nice will be confirmed in January if not before.

As for Campbell, he's worth a punt why not.

However, as I said when we were linked with him in the summer, I don't believe he is the kind of player to offer support and back up to Thommo. He doesn't exactly look like he's going to lead the line, I'd expect to see him playing either in Gowser's role if he becomes unavailable - as we know he might - or wide right.

If we signed Campbell tomorrow i'd still like to see an experienced proven number 9 style striker to come in. Heard today that Billy Mehmet was back in Scotland...

Heard today that Billy Mehmet was back in Scotland...

Well if he is, he's not signing for anyone as he's just signed for Kedah FA in Malaysia.

I think Campbell could well play wide right pushing up to support Thommo, a bit like Isma did on the left side often last season.

Well if he is, he's not signing for anyone as he's just signed for Kedah FA in Malaysia.

I think Campbell could well play wide right pushing up to support Thommo, a bit like Isma did on the left side often last season.

Yeah that's exactly where I'd expect Campbell to play. A bit of pace in the wide areas or centrally behind Thompson.

Assuming he does sign the problem remains that we have no one else capable of leading the line and Thommo is required to play every minute of every game, which would be a bit much for any 35 year old.

Bahoken was meant to take the load off his shoulders, but he was a disaster. Let's hope Danny tries again in the window and let's hope he gets it right this time.

If Campbell plays wide right then where does Newton play?

If Newton moves into the centre then where do Goodwin or McLean play? Goodwin back to central defence or McLean wide left, neither which suits them? Or does one get dropped?

If McLean wide left then where does McGinn play?

If Campbell plays central then where does McGowan play (then start back over all questions above).

Its good to have options though. Good to have competition. Good to have cover for injuries and suspensions.

But, assuming we have full strength... where do they fit in?

If Newton moves into the centre then where do Goodwin or McLean play? Goodwin back to central defence or McLean wide left, neither which suits them? Or does one get dropped?

If Campbell plays central then where does McGowan play (then start back over all questions above).

Its good to have options though. Good to have competition. Good to have cover for injuries and suspensions.

Tried to post something to this effect from my phone earlier but made an arse of it and gave up.

All legitimate questions.

Not a bad dilemma to have, however.

Surely it's a squad game, we need options and a bench that allows us to change things if we need to, more good players and competition is never a bad thing, injuries and loss of form do happen.

Exactly. It's a squad game.

Newton may not be here beyond January, and as we know, McGowan may be unavailable for a few months around January.

Ideally they'll both be available and Teale will be back along with Campbell joining, which will give us extensive options not only before the game but from the bench during the game.

Aye its the best kind of problem (which were having in a couple of areas just now actually). Im quite happy with the starting 11 at the moment.Dilo, grainger, harkins, reilly, DVZ on the bench, teale coming back, maybe cambell and A.N Other in January itll keep everyone on there toes and, now I don't want to get ahead of myself here, lennon might make more substitutions, before the 80th min :)

I can tell you right now that Bahoken is not one of the three leaving in January cause he has already gone. I was speaking to Chris smith yesterday and he said that they sent him to France for a few days off and he didn't bother coming back...

Who said 3 players were leaving?