The Cricket Thread

shull

time for cook to go , should have went after ashes tour. but all the blame went on pietersen , time for him to resign.

or be sacked...........

His runs and big hundreds say a lot about him as a batsman but I never thought he would make an England captain. I've always felt he was a bit of a chinless wonder albeit he can bat. Don't really see anybody else to be skipper all the same. For quite a few years England have had a few players in the team that the opposition feared. Don't really think that's true now. Broad and Anderson possibly but they're not firing on all cylinders either.

Cook should resign post haste, he won't though.

He was one of the best batsman in the world, then he became captain.

Now he can't bat and he can't captain either. His brain is fried and he can't focus on either problem, so each one is getting worse.

The tactics against Herath and Matthews the other day was some of the most baffling I've ever seen in test cricket, the Sri Lankans couldn't believe their luck.

Now he's been whitewashed in Australia and he's the first English captain ever to lose a home series to Sri Lanka. India must be licking their lips at their upcoming 5 test match series against this side, I genuinely wouldn't rule out them whitewashing England in their own back yard.

Broad or Bell aren't exactly inspiring potential replacements, but they couldn't do much worse. I'd get KP back and put him straight in as captain, that would shake them up!

• 2 weeks later...

England v India Test Match begins tomorrow or is it Thursday.

It's this week sometime i'm sure.

Tomorrow at Trent Bridge in Nottingham Shull.

The first of a five match test series, should be epic and Cook will have to go if he doesn't win.

England replace Chris Jordan with Ben Stokes - pretty much a straight swap of seam--bowling allrounders.

India go with 5 bowlers so the onus will be on their top order to score.

At drinks India 53/1 off 15 overs - a decent start with the new ball seen off - time for England to get the boiled sweets out! whistling.gif