The Cricket Thread

shull

Teriffic game - 371/5 batting.

Sorta knew it would still be tight and in the end we would have to bowl England out to win - and we did!

Ray Illingworth, Tony Greig, Geoff Boycott, W.G. Grace, Ian Botham, Douglas Jardine, "Scotch" Mike Denness, Joe Root - your boys took a helluva beating!:happyclapper

Edited by Bud the Baker

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, Bud the Baker said:

It's hard to get interested in these matches, never mind excited, with the ICC cutting the finals from 14 to 10 teams.

8 of the 10 places have already been filled and I'd expect the last two spots to go to Ireland and the Windies - Holland & Zimbabwe probably stand more chance than us of getting a place too.

Still as long as the lucrative T20 circus rumbles on every little thing is gonna be allright:whistle

Well done Scotland today - massive GIRFUY to the ICC!

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, guinness said:

No idea where this west Indies performance came from as they have been poor for some years. They were so much better than england it wsx untrue. Selectors must be wondering about picking the extra spinner and leaving out broad.

Our home record has been a lot better than our away form, factor in England haven't won a Series in the Caribbean since 2004. Jason Holder took 33 wickets at an average of 12.30 in Tests last year and the team is well capable of putting up one great performance a Series. Having said that if I had to put money on it I'd go for a 1-1 draw over the three Tests.

Tony Greig, Colin Graves, Mark Nicholas, Geoffrey Boycott & all the other English cricketers who played in Apartheid South Africa, Douglas Jardine, W.G. Grace - can you hear me? Theresa May, your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating! 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25910900/no-grovelling-just-winning

Edited by Bud the Baker