The Cricket Thread

shull

• 1 month later...
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:47 AM, Bud the Baker said:

England vs Pakistan later in the summer with Tests at Old Trafford, Edgbaston and The Oval has a chance of being competitive.

Pakistan currently 195/4 after 64 overs - now that's what I call Test cricket! :)

Lunch Day 3

Pakistan 339 & 40/1 (17.0 ov)
England 272
Pakistan lead by 107 runs with 9 wickets remaining

Not so easy for England against a balanced side on a decent wicket.

Great cricket, old fashioned Test-style with England currently 103/4 chasing 281 and facing a quality leg spinner. Could still go either way although Pakistan are favourites with the gambling community.
I'm starting to hear renewed mumblings about Cap'n Cook who's on a run of 19 innings without a century since his mammoth 263 in Abu Dhabi - obviously an England win would give him more breathing space.
Edited by Bud the Baker

Second Test begins tomorrow at Old Trafford and the talk coming from the England camp suggests uncertainty as to how they will approach the game. Anderson & Stokes will come back into the team but will they (A) stick with Ali as the spinner (B)  go for two by bringing in Rashid at the expense of a bowler I wouldn't want to push Stokes too high up the order but I suppose it's an option or (C) replace Ali with Rashid. I've listed the options in what is IMO the order of probability.

Anyway with the Old Trafford pitch anticipated to take spin it'll be an interesting Test.

England win toss and go for Option (A) and are currently 60/1. If they can prolong the Innings then they will force Pakistan to go outwith their core 4 bowlers who did all the bowling in the First Test where neither of England's two Innings lasted 80 overs.

Couldn't have gone much better for England today, Cook gets a century to mute the faint whisperings that it's been a while since Abu Dhabi, they're currently at 265/3 off 72 overs, a pretty brisk run rate and Pakistan don't look to have much bowling strength outside their core 4 at this level.

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's hard to get interested in these matches, never mind excited, with the ICC cutting the finals from 14 to 10 teams.

8 of the 10 places have already been filled and I'd expect the last two spots to go to Ireland and the Windies - Holland & Zimbabwe probably stand more chance than us of getting a place too.

Still as long as the lucrative T20 circus rumbles on every little thing is gonna be allright:whistle

Still let's support our team - come on ye Sco-ots!

45 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Damn gotta go out so I'll miss the conclusion to this match which Scotland have to win to have any chance of getting to the finals!

A draw 210- 210 ( Is that good??)

I had Sevco Tic Game down for a draw 2-2:whistle

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

A draw 210- 210 ( Is that good??)

Not good enough sadly, we are behind Zimbabwe on Run Rate and have to play West Indies UAE & Ireland who are all ranked above us but still a lot better than could reasonably have been expected going into the Super Sixes. Cutting the finals from 14 to 10 teams has shafted us. :angry:

ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier (ICC Trophy)

Group A
Team M W L T P NRR
WI 4 4 0 0 8 1.171
IRE 4 3 1 0 6 1.479
UAE 4 2 2 0 4 -1.177
NL 4 1 3 0 2 -0.709
PNG 4 0 4 0 0 -0.865
Group B
Team M W L T P NRR
ZIM 4 3 0 1 7 1.035
SCOT 4 3 0 1 7 0.855
AFG 4 1 3 0 2 0.038
NEPAL 4 1 3 0 2 -0.893
HKG 4 1 3 0 2 -1.121
Edited by Bud the Baker

Looking like Scotland are about to bow out of the qualifying competition.

18 Mar 2018ICC World Cup Qualifier
Ireland
First innings 271 - for 9 wickets
LIVEScotland
First innings 147 - for 6 wickets (33.4 overs)
Scotland need 125 runs to win from 16.2 overs