shull

The Cricket Thread

No idea where this west Indies performance came from as they have been poor for some years. They were so much better than england it wsx untrue. Selectors must be wondering about picking the extra spinner and leaving out broad.

9 minutes ago, guinness said:

No idea where this west Indies performance came from as they have been poor for some years. They were so much better than england it wsx untrue. Selectors must be wondering about picking the extra spinner and leaving out broad.

Our home record has been a lot better than our away form, factor in England haven't won a Series in the Caribbean since 2004. Jason Holder took 33 wickets at an average of 12.30 in Tests last year and the team is well capable of putting up one great performance a Series. Having said that if I had to put money on it I'd go for a 1-1 draw over the three Tests.

Tony Greig, Colin Graves, Mark Nicholas, Geoffrey Boycott & all the other English cricketers who played in Apartheid South Africa, Douglas Jardine, W.G. Grace - can you hear me? Theresa May, your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating! 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25910900/no-grovelling-just-winning

Edited by Bud the Baker

West Indies captain Jason Holder will miss the final Test against England after being banned by the International Cricket Council.

The all-rounder, 27, will serve a one-match suspension for his side's slow over-rate in the 10-wicket win in the second Test in Antigua.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, guinness said:
On 1/26/2019 at 8:23 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Our home record has been a lot better than our away form, factor in England haven't won a Series in the Caribbean since 2004. Jason Holder took 33 wickets at an average of 12.30 in Tests last year and the team is well capable of putting up one great performance a Series. Having said that if I had to put money on it I'd go for a 1-1 draw over the three Tests.

To be honest I still fancy england 2 - 1 but who knows now.

WTF do we know? :whistle

At the end of Day 2 England look to favourites to win the Third Test - not an unusual occurrence in a "dead rubber".

Third Test Match, Gros Islet

West Indies 154 all out (47.2 overs)
England 277 & 19 - 0 (10.0 overs)

Edited by Bud the Baker

Good week for Scottish cricket winning the Oman Quadrangular T20 Series against Holland, Ireland & Oman.

Oh and a stunning victory against Oman yesterday in the first of the 50 over games which they won by 10 wickets with 64.4 Overs remaining