The First Team Contracts Thread

Lex

I'd like Kello to sign but I wouldn't be willing to push the boat out for him.

What boat?

Kidding apart, within reason we should do all we can to keep him.

I'm of the opinion, as is Alex Ferguson, that a good goalie is worth a decent amount of points every season.

Edited by faraway saint

How do we know how much Kello is looking for, how do we know what other clubs have been watching him and how much they may be willing to pay?

Take Samson - according to the baker's grapevine he was on £700 p.w. with us last season and we were willing to increase that to £1000 p.w. but he went to Killie who offered £1400 p.w.

Right im not to clued up on whos earning what. Obviously I wouldn't want to be paying silly money for kello, especially when dildo was performing well before his injury!

Right im not to clued up on whos earning what. Obviously I wouldn't want to be paying silly money for kello, especially when dildo was performing well before his injury!

Well Cornell's gone and we'll need a second keeper and it's already been mentioned by Danny Lennon (Daily Record Interview) that we're trying to extend Kello's deal so if he goes elsewhere it'll be due to another club offering more money. In your previous post you talk about Kello possibly being the difference between a Top Six finish or not so give him the money but contract decisions are much more likely to be influenced by the club's net debt remaining £400k - which can be verified by using the link posted in the Accounts thread on this forum.

We have players on more than Samson is currently earning at Killie

Yeh I get that and reckon hes worth a fair amount in wages tbh, its whether our figure and his figure are alike. Like I say, I don't really keep track of the financial side of the club (though I like how we keep the books balanced)

Yeh I get that and reckon hes worth a fair amount in wages tbh, its whether our figure and his figure are alike. Like I say, I don't really keep track of the financial side of the club (though I like how we keep the books balanced)

Kello is the type of goalie who should be playing every week between the sticks and he is getting that right now in Paisley. He moves elsewhere at this time of year it could only be as a backup keeper.

He was without a club for a good part of this year, so I feel that witg security for at least another 6 months he should likely stay with us.

Completely moving off talk of Kello, does anyone else feel that tge boy Caprice is better off returning to Blackpool? He is clearly nowhere near pushing for a starting slot and Teale is due back soon.

What boat?

Kidding apart, within reason we should do all we can to keep him.

I'm of the opinion, as is Alex Ferguson, that a good goalie is worth a decent amount of points every season.

When were you speaking to Fergie. lol.gif

I wish he had that opinion when he was at Paisley, we had Donald gies a wave Hunter that couldnae save stamps.

There are several options available and now that DL's contract is not being renewed, we'll go back a couple of years to the original rumoured plans.

Thomo and Teale will take over next year as co-managers, Gowser will go (dependent on his pending sentence), Kenny will be sold to fund the debt, and a couple of the kids who are showing promise will be promoted to first team squad.

All of the kids will be offered new contracts, it's up to them whether the offer is enough as Sevco will be looking at one or two of them and we will rely on some loan signings again with Conor and Campbell going back to Newcastle and we may get another youngster from Newcastle.

I'm afraid what this all boils down to again is others being worse than us rather than the mighty Saints improving year on year!

We need to keep up our great support of our team!

Come on the Buddies!!!!

There are several options available and now that DL's contract is not being renewed, we'll go back a couple of years to the original rumoured plans.

Thomo and Teale will take over next year as co-managers, Gowser will go (dependent on his pending sentence), Kenny will be sold to fund the debt, and a couple of the kids who are showing promise will be promoted to first team squad.

All of the kids will be offered new contracts, it's up to them whether the offer is enough as Sevco will be looking at one or two of them and we will rely on some loan signings again with Conor and Campbell going back to Newcastle and we may get another youngster from Newcastle.

I'm afraid what this all boils down to again is others being worse than us rather than the mighty Saints improving year on year!

We need to keep up our great support of our team!

Come on the Buddies!!!!

Eh?

Some quite disappointing posts on this thread, particularly with the lack of respect shown towards DL.

Regardless of your views on his managerial abilities, and I have major doubts regarding those, he won us our first major honour in donkeys years, and has himself shown huge respect towards both the club's fans and the club itself. Also, he has given nothing less than 100% commitment to the club throughout his entire time with the club and has given us, on occasion, football which has been a joy to watch.

As I've already highlighted, in my opinion, he certainly has his limitations, so I think we'd all benefit from not having to trawl through posts by the usual bores pointing them out, yet again.whistling.gif

OP updated with the good news.

With Danny getting rid of 4 (four) of his seven summer signings already, plus the signing of Campbell and extension of Kello, this is looking like it's going to be a good January for or us. And it's still only December!

Would love Newton to stay like anyone else and think it'll be interesting to see if anyone else leaves. Is Barron actually still here, surely he must be close to recovering now or it simply ain't going to happen? What about Teale how much longer is he out for? Would you give him a new contract if he doesn't trigger the pre agreed number of games this season?

I think Newton will stay with us, despite him clearly wanting a move down south. I feel he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to be rewarded with such a move, and it's only Teales injury and whatever terms there is in the deal that's kept him in the team of late.

We need to get a few players in, probably on loan purely for competition and cover.

If Lennon still is in charge I really do hope he's learned from his mistakes of last season

I think Newton will stay with us, despite him clearly wanting a move down south. I feel he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to be rewarded with such a move, and it's only Teales injury and whatever terms there is in the deal that's kept him in the team of late.

We need to get a few players in, probably on loan purely for competition and cover.

If Lennon still is in charge I really do hope he's learned from his mistakes of last season

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware Teale and Thommo have to start 25 games in all competitions to trigger the second year of the contract. Teale won't do this now but if he's fit and able, id give him the 14/15 campaign.

Thompson - yes!

Teale - Average first season, good second season. Was part of the shambles at the start of this season, was dropped for the revival and has been injured since October, he'll be 36 by the start of next season - no!

Teale might have been part of the shambles at the start of the season, but IMO he was the best saints player during these games. Given his injury record this season, and his age, I'd be very surprised if he got offered a new contract.

With the managers contract up, the captains contract up, Gods contract up, Teales contract up, and the club still up for sale, and the possibility of Saints being involved in the play offs, the next 6 to 7 months are going to be interesting

• 3 months later...

Now our top flight status is secure yet again, it's time to start renewing contracts now, will update OP later tonight.

Who'd you keep? I'd get Goody, Dilo and Thommo signed up ASAP, and try with McLean and Kello. Gowser, about Gowser? Borderline for me, maybe one more year.