World Cup Coefficients...

bluto

I knew a zingy title like that would pull in the punters.... :)

This genuinely fascinating article on the subject on the BBC website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584

Shows up real anachronisms and problems with the way that FIFA currently scores matches.

Eg Scotland's last match at Wembley meant that the host country's coefficient fell, despite them winning.

Lots of other similar daftness revealed in the article. It kept me quiet for a good few seconds.... :rolleyes:

Interesting article!

Sly dogs the Swiss & Uruguayans who would appear to have secured Top Seeding at next years finals by not playing any friendly matches.

I'm sure something similar surfaced quite a few years ago. I seem to recall that the football authorities had cottoned on to it and were going to make sure it couldn't happen again. Just can't remember when exactly.

I'm sure something similar surfaced quite a few years ago. I seem to recall that the football authorities had cottoned on to it and were going to make sure it couldn't happen again. Just can't remember when exactly.

The "authorities"will probably sort it out same time as they fix the oldcosevconewco situation.