Hello.

Jonah

Hello, serving in the army in the early 80,s I was invited home on leave to my pals home in Paisley, as I recollect it was a flat above a pub called the Maxwelton?, whilst on a pub tour of Paisley we went for a pint in a pub called The Buddies, I remember it being full of St Mitten photographs, does it still exist. Ever since I have always looked out for The Buddies, forget Celtic and Rangers, St Mirren is my team north of the border. I am a Leeds United supporter having been a fan for over 40 years, I am really pleased to have joined your forum, and thought I would drop in this post just to let you know that the Buddies have one more fan than you were aware of. Cheers for now ect, Jonah.

Hello, serving in the army in the early 80,s I was invited home on leave to my pals home in Paisley, as I recollect it was a flat above a pub called the Maxwelton?, whilst on a pub tour of Paisley we went for a pint in a pub called The Buddies, I remember it being full of St Mitten photographs, does it still exist. Ever since I have always looked out for The Buddies, forget Celtic and Rangers, St Mirren is my team north of the border. I am a Leeds United supporter having been a fan for over 40 years, I am really pleased to have joined your forum, and thought I would drop in this post just to let you know that the Buddies have one more fan than you were aware of. Cheers for now ect, Jonah.

Welcome to the Forum Buddie,

The Buddies Bar, at that time, would've been owned by big Saints fan, Ian McMahon. He maybe still does.

The wife is watching X Factor so I'll stay here. So, having now decided to attend a home match, in which pub would I find myself most welcome. And is there a night life to be enjoyed afterwards. Suitable obviously for Mrs Jonah to attend.

My first choice would be The Bull Inn which is an old traditional pub full of character and a Saints pub. Some of the other pubs are good but don't know if I would take a woman to all of them :) . Welcome aboard Jonah.

nice to hear you are StMITTEN, maybe should take the mitten off when you are typing though, and welcome aboard

The Bull Inn is good for before games. Got a big sign saying 'No football colours' despite being absolutely full of black and white on a saturday! If you fancy food, The Last Post next to Gilmour Street Station is a cheap weatherspoons pub. Normally has a few buddies in it (myself included as I like a burger before the game) and normally some decent chat with away fans travelling down on the train.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about where you go. If it's a saturday and we're at home, it will probably have a few buds in it. if you spot any Green or Blue through the window though, stay clear. ;)

aye, welcome.

a few of my mates travel up from London every year for a game.

The Bull Inn & The Bankhouse are their 2 favoured haunts pre & post match.

Got a couple of pals are Leeds fans, been to Elland Road a couple of times and apart from drinking in Batley, had beers in the Drysalter {I think that was it's name, near Elland Road}

anyways, Both Bull Inn & Bankhouse are easy going, friendly pubs :-). Enjoy.