St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Top League 7/12/13

shull

I must be in the minority as i dont think Hughes is a bad appointment for them, done well at Falkirk, as well as anyone has done at Hibs recently, failing at Hartlepool is hardly a big deal when u look at guys that have returned to Scotland with their tails between their legs (Butcher, McInnes, Levein, etc). I always thought Hughes would be our next manager for some reason, seems a decent guy as well.

Anyway, this has draw all over it as did last week, ill go for 1-1, hopefully McGowan will be fit!

Any news on Mcgowan? Was it just a knock or something more?

Minor knock that he had picked up in training apparently. Possibly withdrawn at the weekend as a precaution, so hopefully okay on Saturday. Would be a huge blow if not.

It's going to be another tough as it always is against Inverness. I think we have only beat them once at St Mirren Park in spl and that was with 'the special one' Isma.

If McGowan is not fit then I would start Harkins and hopefully he would produce a performance we know he is capable of but yet to see in a St Mirren strip.

I think if McGowan is fit and we play to our best we will win 2.1. If McGowan not fit or we don't play to our best then 1.1. Surely Hughes won't win his first game against us?

The reason i say "must win" is because if we want to stamp any authority in this league and come away with any credability,then we need to start beating teams who are above us in the league and who we regard as being "better" than us. So far this whole season we have only won 1 game, i repeat 1 game that you would not think off the top of your head 3 points are gettable here. And if memory serves me we almost through that away 3 times. 2 mins less in the 90 and we would not have won that also. We have to start going into games with your Invernesses, Uniteds, wells, fakes and sheep and getting wins on a more regular basis than we do. Im not saying every game but u get the jist. Just beating hearts, county, whistle and fakes is not good enough in my eyes and should not be in yours either.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Panto season right enough. 1eye.gif

I think this could be a close fought one nil victory for us. Inverness will be the same old dangerous team with or without Hughes and they come to play us off the back of a solid 4-0 win against Morton. Keep Billy McKay locked in the changing room maybe.

Edited by The Stickroth Fanclub