St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Top League 7/12/13

shull

A draw in the battle between the league's 2 most clueless managers was predictable.

Its no coincidence that the clueless manager's biggest fan on this forum is also the forum's most clueless poster! :lol:

Not your best Andy, to be fair.

Well i hope you are now ready for the backlash that will inevitably ensue if we now fail to win the cup replay. If by next wed we only have wins against the Fakes, Tarts, Whistles and staggies this season and are out of both cup competitions then the bandwaggon will begin to roll again.

Good man!

Always look on the bright side. :)

Why don't you PM Elvis?

He needs a bit of cheering up.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but a major talking point from the match must be the admirable sportsmanship demonstrated by the ICT number 5 (with bandaged heid) who intervened to avoid Thommo getting booked after being fouled by him.

Very refreshing to see, and he deserves huge credit for this. It was a striker's tackle and the hitman probably couldn't have complained if he had been shown the yellow, but the Caley player held his hand up to ref the to stop him showing the card. Also good to see the Saints support acknowledging this with a round of applause.

We seldom witness moments like this in modern football, and it was great to see.

Edited by Drew

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but a major talking point from the match must be the admirable sportsmanship demonstrated by the ICT number 5 (with bandaged heid) who intervened to avoid Thommo getting booked after being fouled by him.

Very refreshing to see, and he deserves huge credit for this. It was a striker's tackle and the hitman probably couldn't have complained if he had been shown the yellow, but the Caley player held his hand up to ref the to stop him showing the card. Also good to see the Saints support acknowledging this with a round of applause.

We seldom witness moments like this in modern football, and it was great to see.

almost made amends for the tosser getting Lewis Guy booked last season and for maiming umpteen of our players since... but aye... it was an admirable action indeed!

I saw that too.

However it did seem to me that Thommo didn't tackle him at all, rather he slid in - about 2-3 feet in front of the ICT player - to try to block the ball from being hoofed forward.

The No 5's 'tackle' on the other hand was outrageous and really should have been red. No attempt to play the ball, just an excuse to kick one of our players.

Like others have said we played well first half, and could easily have been in front by 2 or 3. We just need to find that clinical touch when creating chances. I hate to go on about the officials but, Mr Murray was very poor today, amongst his worst decisions I can recall was the one to book Gowser, completely baffled by that one and the amount of cynical and quite dirty fouls that Foran and one or two other players got away with, really annoyed me.

We actually did really well to match an overly physical ICT side.

Eh? Paul McGowan retaliated to a tackle which was on his team mate. Dunno why you'd be baffled by it. It was clear as anything. McGowan was stupid getting involved. The ref was dealing with it.

I saw that too.

However it did seem to me that Thommo didn't tackle him at all, rather he slid in - about 2-3 feet in front of the ICT player - to try to block the ball from being hoofed forward.

The No 5's 'tackle' on the other hand was outrageous and really should have been red. No attempt to play the ball, just an excuse to kick one of our players.

Thompson should have been booked. Referees have been instructed to deem challenges where the person making the tackle does not have control of his body as reckless. There were a number of reckless challenges in the game. Certainly both McAusland and Thompson should have seen cards

Thompson should have been booked. Referees have been instructed to deem challenges where the person making the tackle does not have control of his body as reckless. There were a number of reckless challenges in the game. Certainly both McAusland and Thompson should have seen cards

In the words of the late Jimmy Sanderson

Were you there. And so why?

PS you're talking shite

I've no doubt that Murray fully intended to book Thompson before the ICT player intervened. Granted, this doesn't excuse his own actions at other points in the game (or the past, perhaps), but, too often, players are quite happy to see their opponents booked, and will badger the referee to produce a card. This element of the game sickens me, so to see the flip side is rare and refreshing, as I have mentioned.

Not bad on the predictions...

We should have had the game won at half time.Some lovely stuff played and only bad luck and good goalkeeping kept ICT in it.2nd half they came back into it and a draw probably a fair result.

MOTM.....Me for my wonder save in the Main Stand early in the 2nd half.smile.png

I sit a few rows behind you, we were distraught you never heidered that!

Just had a quick look at the ICT forum, majority saying they were overall lucky and pleased with a point.

I think that shows how far we've come, a team 2nd top happy with a point. thumbup2.gif

PS They have a match by match vote for player of the year and their goalie won yesterdays vote by a mile.

Edited by faraway saint

Think we miss Gary Teale and need him back......

I agree that he offers something different going forward, but who would you drop? I thought the midfield worked their arses off yesterday, McLean and McGinn we're outstanding going forward in the first half and all four buckled down to defensive duties when needed, I just couldn't see us taking any of the four off even if we had a fit Teale on the bench, much as I admire Teale.

Some folk just aint happy unless theyre miserable lol!

I said to my brother at full time that it showed how far weve come when youre leaving the stadium pissed off after just drawing and (for the vast majority) out playing ICT, the team only second to celtic in the league! It was also one of those nil - nil games that we were unlucky not to win, rather than lucky not to lose! ICT keeper pulled out some great stops and the out field players were very physical, other than that we bossed it. The team looks pretty solid at the moment, we get the ball forward well and THAT move from back to front was sublime! Special mention to jim ghostwin for actively seeking to not get booked yesterday!

The two big faults for me at this moment in time the lack of options up front, accompanied by not using the option that we have! Gowser didn't look right not long into the second half, should have been replaced by harkins when he got booked. Harkins, yeh hes a big lazy bastard at times but he looked a threat yesterday in what little time he got. Id also have liked to have replaced Thompson around the 70min area, he was struggling (and yes I know we basically have no options up front). Our other fault in recent weeks is too many players pulling out of 50/50 balls. ICT seen a hell of a lot of the ball due to getting balls that were thereto be won.

Also whats with the emphasis on how danny lennon conducts himself during interviews? are you 14 year old lassies? Forum members saying he uses the same word to often? really? Think you should be watching reality tv shows rather than football matches! one defeat in nine, speaks for itself

Some folk just aint happy unless theyre miserable lol!

I said to my brother at full time that it showed how far weve come when youre leaving the stadium pissed off after just drawing and (for the vast majority) out playing ICT, the team only second to celtic in the league! It was also one of those nil - nil games that we were unlucky not to win, rather than lucky not to lose! ICT keeper pulled out some great stops and the out field players were very physical, other than that we bossed it. The team looks pretty solid at the moment, we get the ball forward well and THAT move from back to front was sublime! Special mention to jim ghostwin for actively seeking to not get booked yesterday!

The two big faults for me at this moment in time the lack of options up front, accompanied by not using the option that we have! Gowser didn't look right not long into the second half, should have been replaced by harkins when he got booked. Harkins, yeh hes a big lazy bastard at times but he looked a threat yesterday in what little time he got. Id also have liked to have replaced Thompson around the 70min area, he was struggling (and yes I know we basically have no options up front). Our other fault in recent weeks is too many players pulling out of 50/50 balls. ICT seen a hell of a lot of the ball due to getting balls that were thereto be won.

Also whats with the emphasis on how danny lennon conducts himself during interviews? are you 14 year old lassies? Forum members saying he uses the same word to often? really? Think you should be watching reality tv shows rather than football matches! one defeat in nine, speaks for itself

Another cheap shot, means absolutely fcuk all but it keeps the simple amused.

Good post by the way. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I agree that he offers something different going forward, but who would you drop? I thought the midfield worked their arses off yesterday, McLean and McGinn we're outstanding going forward in the first half and all four buckled down to defensive duties when needed, I just couldn't see us taking any of the four off even if we had a fit Teale on the bench, much as I admire Teale.

Think its more of having him there to substitute. Its a good sign though that hed struggle to get in the team, before he got injured he was one of few fit to wear the strip!

Another cheap shot, means absolutely fcuk all but it keeps the simple amused.

Good post by the way. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Appreciate this :) Call me old fashioned but I want my teams football manager to be exactly that! Being charismatic with the media wont keep his job nor anyone elses in football!