Dundee United V St Mirren Scottish Cup 5Th Rd 8/2/14

shull

And what do we do when injuries, suspensions and cup rules didn't allow us to field either ofthose lineups?

You have to make do, hence square pegs, round holes. McGinn and Wylde were big misses today.

We could easily have played the second formation today bud. Thomspon needs a runner up front and someone for McGowan to pick out. Would have had Campbell up top with Thommo and dropped Newton bringing him on later when Djemba Djemba tired. Its hard for Gowser to be a playmaker if theres nobody willing to run in behind defences.

Has Danny been eating burgers at the Hydro?

Well it appears he makes plenty others feel as if they have..........so an image of a manager with his head in his hands is the cue for a slaughter, I've seen some crap expressed by supporters , but this way OTT

Surprised at the level of venom aimed his way after a fairly predictable cup defeat away to an SPFL team that are undeniably better than us.

Best thing we can all do now is ensure our vocal , implied and overt criticism is reconstituted into supporting the players and the management meantime. All this negativity is only certain to achieve one thing , the self fulfilling fail prophecy so many seem hell bent on delivering for ST Mirren.

Let's try and garner some bollox and backing for the team, despite it all, now is the time to wear our hearts on our sleeves, the team will respond. I hate this statement, but we ARE far to good. a gathering of players to fail now. Despite it all , the sale, the transient management, let's just replicate the support from today that was evident and make something positive happen for our team , despite it all !

It will come together...........don't write off DL and co ....support them. Why wouldn't you at this time

Surprised at the level of venom aimed his way after a fairly predictable cup defeat away to an SPFL team that are undeniably better than us.

Every game we play now is so predictable - predictable that there will be players playing out of position, no sign of proper tactics (team shape or system), aimless long balls forward and a worrying lack of anything resembling desire, fight or pride to wear a St Mirren jersey.

Well it appears he makes plenty others feel as if they have..........so an image of a manager with his head in his hands is the cue for a slaughter, I've seen some crap expressed by supporters , but this way OTT

Best thing we can all do now is ensure our vocal , implied and overt criticism is reconstituted into supporting the players and the management meantime. All this negativity is only certain to achieve one thing , the self fulfilling fail prophecy so many seem hell bent on delivering for ST Mirren.

Let's try and garner some bollox and backing for the team, despite it all, now is the time to wear our hearts on our sleeves, the team will respond. I hate this statement, but we ARE far to good. a gathering of players to fail now. Despite it all , the sale, the transient management, let's just replicate the support from today that was evident and make something positive happen for our team , despite it all !

It will come together...........don't write off DL and co ....support them. Why wouldn't you at this time

We have been saying this since august. We never really win and lose most of the time. It's simply not enough when your team has McGinn, McGowan, Thompson, Campbell, Newton, Goodwin, Kello and teale. It has been honking for too long and I'm afraid as much as I hate to see guys suffer the end is now near for Danny

'Dear Lord , if you can hear me now , please can you ask the guys on B&W army forum to stop knickerwetting and realise we are a team trying to operate within a small budget to safeguard the future of this wonderful football club , amen'

Indeed but we do not win enough v the lesser teams to make today acceptable. This team beat celtic and hearts and Aberdeen last year now were struggling to beat anyone. How many home wins this year?

Every game we play now is so predictable - predictable that there will be players playing out of position, no sign of proper tactics (team shape or system), aimless long balls forward and a worrying lack of anything resembling desire, fight or pride to wear a St Mirren jersey.

Being pragmatic about your comment above, it is actually sad that what you said could in fact reasonably be aimed at our club since it was brought up to the Spl some seven or so seasons ago. Latest man with a target on his back , DL. Same old same old.........as I have said on numerous occasions here , we do deserve better but seem to singularly continually fail to deliver above the seasonal rants about being clueless.

To DL's credit he got us some history, that'll be his legacy..............for us , it's the rolling disappointment of looking but never buying !

It was always going to be a tough game with United today, however considering Celtic got put out yesterday I expected our players to be up for it, but not one of them seemed to show any real fight and desire.

Lennon has to take responsibility for f'king up the team line up in the first place...

Whilst he didn't have any option but to play the four at the back, the way he set out the team meant that Kelly had no protection on the left and anytime he ventured forward it allowed United to exploit the space behind him. The same pretty much goes for Naismith as Newton is hopeless at right midfield. This has been evident since his first ever game for us when he got hooked at half time at home to Ross County! Either play him in the center or don't play him at all! It's a shame as they are decent young full backs and their confidence must be taking a right hit just now.

I thought McAusland and McGregor both had a decent game. Only thing that concerns me with McGregor, is whilst he is a great tackler and great in the air, his positioning is terrible sometimes, especially in the penalty box when he's defending an incoming ball. I've said it a few times this season, whoever he is marking seems to be able to move to get some more space where as McGregor stands stationary.

I didn't have a problem with Djemba-Djemba and Goodwin both starting, but for that to work effectively we needed someone with some pace to allow us to break forward whilst Djemba and Goodwin done the dirty work. Campbell should have been on from the start playing wide on the right. I wasn't that impressed with McLean other than a couple of good runs that he did, felt he lost the ball far too many times, but that might just be down to match fitness.

McGowan needs to be dropped, he has been awful this season. Whilst I appreciate he has had other things on his mind, we're paying him to do a job and he's just not doing it. I don't see any other club bigger than us taking him at the end of the season. He's not a young player with potential now, he's in his late 20's and should be peaking.

Thompson hasn't been great either recently, but as soon as Teale came on and got a couple of balls in I felt he became a bit dangerous. But he was isolated being up front himself once again. Anytime he won the ball in the air, it was a simple job of the United defence regrouping and then building another attack.

Overall, Lennon got the team set up totally wrong but nothing new there. The players didn't seem up for it. There was a lack of fight and desire, but perhaps that's because Lennon's man management skills are apparently dreadful,

I spoke to SG earlier on in the season (before the Partick Thistle game where we got beat 2-1) and he made it clear to me that Lennon was under pressure and Lennon knew the pressure he was under. I think everyone expected him to get the bullet after that game, but something must have happened for the BOD to keep him on, and after he managed to get a few points on the board, I can see why they've thought we might be ok till the end of the season. If we continue like we are, we will NOT be ok and relegation this season will be a disaster for us.

It is the BOD responsibility to act in the interests of ALL Shareholders. If they are not sacking Lennon because the group that owns 52% of the shares are hoping to sell the club shortly and the potential buyer wants to bring in their own person, then they are not acting in the interest of St Mirren or the Shareholders. Whilst the club is up for the sale, the day to day running of the club should not be affected as a result.

Going forward big changes need to be made. I'd personally go for 4-4-2 and drop Goodwin into the defence just to have a bit more experience around Naismith and Kelly. Djemba-Djemba and McGinn center of midfield. Teale and Wylde on the wings getting behind the full backs and getting the ball into the box for Thompson and Campbell. Whilst playing Campbell up front, I'd play him more on the right side, him and Teale both running about that area of the park the opposition's left back would be knackered after 20 minutes!

Naismith is struggling big time. He lacks pace and can't jump. If it was van zanten the fans would be saying he is finished. Give me vanzy any day of the week. He needs a rest now. If he wasn't a young guy I'm sure the fans would see he isn't good enough at right back. Maybe he could do a job at centre back as cheesy is miles better there than he was at right back

We have been saying this since august. We never really win and lose most of the time. It's simply not enough when your team has McGinn, McGowan, Thompson, Campbell, Newton, Goodwin, Kello and teale. It has been honking for too long and I'm afraid as much as I hate to see guys suffer the end is now near for Danny

Don't disagree Norrie, the only question is when is the end to be..........., twist or stick, MR GIlmour. It's a scene we as fans are all too familiar with

shocking picture that sums up the total lack of passion at our club from top to bottom, it's similar to a tony Mowbray photo we've all laughed at,

FFS Saints get your finger out, everyone ! Not just the manager but the players and the board who seem comfortable with this pish while their main interest is on bailing out and recouping their cash (which is fair enough) but this is phukin killing our club

DO SOMETHING. . . ANYTHING

I'd even settle for being able to take phukin throw ins or somethin really radical like markin the opposition when they have a throw in

pathetic !

Get on the touch line and shout, make gestures look interested and fight fight for our team. Swear at the ref and get a ban show some passion please as this is bad . The body language is terrible and sums up the whole club at present

Don't disagree Norrie, the only question is when is the end to be..........., twist or stick, MR GIlmour. It's a scene we as fans are all too familiar with

Well I don't like a manager being abused I am saying what I think needs done. Danny needs a run of wins however I can't see this happening. He looks shot of confidence and ideas. I am impressed by djembe djembe as when fit he will be a class act but with a team of talented players we lose nearly all the time. I think if I was in charge I'd give him Aberdeen and Ross c and then make my mind up but to be fair he has proved that he cannot string wins together. When did we last win two league games in a row? I don't want the playoff and it's imperative we maintain our top flight status. Relieving him may be less costly than going down?

Naismith is struggling big time. He lacks pace and can't jump. If it was van zanten the fans would be saying he is finished. Give me vanzy any day of the week. He needs a rest now. If he wasn't a young guy I'm sure the fans would see he isn't good enough at right back. Maybe he could do a job at centre back as cheesy is miles better there than he was at right back

He's been carrying Newton, who has been abysmal the past few weeks.

Well I don't like a manager being abused I am saying what I think needs done. Danny needs a run of wins however I can't see this happening. He looks shot of confidence and ideas. I am impressed by djembe djembe as when fit he will be a class act but with a team of talented players we lose nearly all the time. I think if I was in charge I'd give him Aberdeen and Ross c and then make my mind up but to be fair he has proved that he cannot string wins together. When did we last win two league games in a row? I don't want the playoff and it's imperative we maintain our top flight status. Relieving him may be less costly than going down?

Ah, so that's what the collective is for a number of wins in a row..."a run". Also called an absolute impossibility. Danny doesn't have 3 wins in a row in him, I doubt he ever will as he never settles on a style or formation long enough.

He's been carrying Newton, who has been abysmal the past few weeks.

Newton, IMO, is played a right mid, when his best position is centre mid. When Teale came on, Newton moved to his correct position, started to play a lot better, then gets subbed. The manager has lost the plot

The midfield really missed McGinn today for his energy and dynamism, McLean still looks a wee bit away from full fitness.

I'd argue we should've started with Newton in the middle and Campbell on the right.

All things back to normal next week I'd give Newton a rest as he's toiling a bit.

One of the few positives was that it's good to see McGregor getting back to his marauding best.

Our 'fans' astound me at times, guy today roaring at Lennon to encourage the team, whilst he clearly wasn't.

Newton, IMO, is played a right mid, when his best position is centre mid. When Teale came on, Newton moved to his correct position, started to play a lot better, then gets subbed. The manager has lost the plot

I noticed that as well. Newton was certainly more comfortable in a Central area. Be interesting to see the line up this weekend with McAusland suspended. If Goodwin moves to CH, what would the forward 6 be.

McGinn Teale Newton Thompson Campbell Wylde Magennis McLean McGowan Djemba-Djemba.

Not a bad choice - have I missed anyone who realistically might start?

Being moved 10 yards to the right shouldn't mean he can't complete a simple 5 yard pass. It would be nice to know his ball retention stats for the past 6 weeks or so, in particular. A complete ball-watcher also.

I noticed that as well. Newton was certainly more comfortable in a Central area. Be interesting to see the line up this weekend with McAusland suspended. If Goodwin moves to CH, what would the forward 6 be.

McGinn Teale Newton Thompson Campbell Wylde Magennis McLean McGowan Djemba-Djemba.

Not a bad choice - have I missed anyone who realistically might start?

Can Magennis play against his parent club?