Jd Shirts

Does anyone else have problems getting the kids sized tops, its always the same at this time of the year, Ican t get the tops for my grandchildren but their blue uncle can get theirs.

What chance of keeping these boys as supporters when no tops are available, you see it in pictures of the training days at the dom , chelsea, barcelona etc very few saints tops.

After all the good work by players visiting schools this is a kick in the balls

Had a nightmare firstly getting shorts and socks when my nephews are mascots. Recently, my nephews wanted third kit for one and away for another and none are available. I've had many discussions with them as have my nephews parents, been on to head office, spoke to the club etc. It just seems that after selling their initial stock allocation they have no interest in looking to appease supporters.

Having resigned myself to not getting the Saints top, I set out to buy Scotland kids for three nephews. Have the tops although the sizes are weird but again no shorts and socks in the most popular junior size and told none in till January. It's bad enough there isn't any saints sizes but within a week of Scotland strips going on sale they have hit a problem there too. It's just not good enough!! My nephew thinks Santa can get everything, so he is going to be disappointed as simply put; there are no third kits in his size at all and hasn't for months.

The club are apparently in talks to renew the JD deal and I think we should be putting up pressure and saying no. It's great we can get them in major shopping centres but weigh that up with the service they provide then it doesn't seem a very good deal at all. Return all strips to the control of Provan Sports, who I am sure would listen to their customers.

I was in jd (silverburn) last week, gf is going to get me this years home top and I was going to get the old boy the away both Christmas presents. Ended up they didn't have home or away in large and tbh didn't have much else stock.

Theyre probably going to miss a lot of sales due to not having a good enough variety!

Same problems every season. Very poor. The club will argue that it is the best deal commercially, but the end user is the one that suffers the most.

best deal commercially, perhaps, but only in the short term, one young fan not getting the saints strip because the supplier or club can't be arse doing anything about versus the same kid getting a strip for another team

commercially, how much does even one lost potential lifetime fan cost !

Alan Provan says that they would sell strips with a 10% increase of the previous years sales and most strips are ordered well in advance. Next seasons already done for some teams I'm sure. I've just not been impressed by JD in the slightest and they also have exclusive rights on Scotland tops but forget looking for the whole strip for a christmas present.

If you really want to get the strip then order online to colect in store.

I ordered a kids (6-7) and an XL no problem. No extra charge for uplifting and they turn around in a few days.

What annoyed me was the fact JD's don't do a kid's size 5-6. which would have been a better size for the grandkid. Don't know why this is.

Felt obliged to put my tuppenceworth here.

Ordered through Braehead store, 1 away top medium boys two weeks ago. Customer rep ordered from depot for delivery to High Street, Paisley for pickup (it is closer to me than Braehead). Delighted to receive email two days later stating that said shirt had been dispatched from the depot. Waited three days but no confirmation sms or email intimating arrival at store. Fed up, went to Paisley Centre to ask if the shirt had arrived to be told that the High Street address that Braehead had ordered the shirt to be sent to was the small shop that used to be next door to Sports Direct and the last time that this had happened the goods had been shipped to Amsterdam for collection. I laughed .

True Enough. Yesterday I received the text message to collect my shirt from the Netherlands. Phoned customer services asking for an explanation to be told that they use a four digit code to represent each shop and that the store in the High Street that was now closed had had its code reassigned to the JD store in the Netherlands. Advised to go to Braehead to be refunded and reorder again to a different address. Got money back with a small apology.

I do not intend to use JD sports again and will not be buying any more St Mirren goods through them!

PS if any Buddie is in Holland soon I am sure they must be selling St Mirren memorabilia cheap, because it must cost more than its worth to return the goods, indeed maybe this is the reason for the stock shortage!

The shirt thing is a joke. What other club shop doesn't sell the teams strip on a match day? It's absolutely mental and of anyone say the quality is anywhere near a Puma or Adidas then they need to wake up. The strips are pretty poor and I am afraid the trouble people have buying one says lets do what Aberdeen or hearts do and take a strip that's in the Adidas catalogue. It will sell better too as brands are attractive.

I could write a book about the problems I've had with JD in recent seasons. Unfortunately it's now happened to a mate of mine too.

I'm particularly annoyed about it this time as I introduced my friend and his two boys to the wonders of supporting St Mirren earlier this year (they used to have leanings to one of the OF) and they've loved it ever since. So much so that the boys have asked for kits for their Christmas and surprise, surprise, JD can't provide them. I really hope this doesn't dampen the boys enthusiasm.

The sooner we can get back to a reliable supplier the better - there have been way too many fans left disappointed.

Edited by stormtrooper

I could write a book about the problems I've had with JD in recent seasons. Unfortunately it's now happened to a mate of mine too.

I'm particularly annoyed about it this time as I introduced my friend and his two boys to the wonders of supporting St Mirren earlier this year (they used to have leanings to one of the OF) and they've loved it ever since. So much so that the boys have asked for kits for their Christmas and surprise, surprise, JD can't provide them. I really hope this doesn't dampen the boys enthusiasm.

The sooner we can get back to a reliable supplier the better - there have been way too many fans left disappointed.

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure Stoke , Hull and WBA fans are happy with their Adidas kits and don't care they're the same style but in their colours. I know they'll sell more making it easier to make in large numbers but in the 80's we never had a problem with Adidas or Umbro. I don't care about it being "bespoke" , I just want to be able to buy it !!!!!

Same issue. My son has the home top, but couldn't get shorts or socks in the summer. I thought they'd get them back in stock, but they didn't. For Christmas he wanted the third kit, so off to JD I went, where I managed to get the last kids size 3rd top in stock, but no shorts or socks. I've ended up just buying plain black shorts and luminous yellow socks from Sports Direct - get it up ye JD Sports. This won't be ideal, but better than nothing for the wee man.

It's pathetic that this amateur mob have an exclusive deal to sell our strips. It will be a disgrace if the club go to them again after the pathetic way they've handled things this season.

If I were a club official I would be embarrassed reading this thread.

I'm hoping that many of those who have described their experiences on here have alerted the club to the issues. As has been repeated time and again, it is ludicrous that this situation is allowed to continue.

Perhaps someone should email the link to this thread to the General Manager?

Edited by Drew

Guest somner9

Felt obliged to put my tuppenceworth here.

Ordered through Braehead store, 1 away top medium boys two weeks ago. Customer rep ordered from depot for delivery to High Street, Paisley for pickup (it is closer to me than Braehead). Delighted to receive email two days later stating that said shirt had been dispatched from the depot. Waited three days but no confirmation sms or email intimating arrival at store. Fed up, went to Paisley Centre to ask if the shirt had arrived to be told that the High Street address that Braehead had ordered the shirt to be sent to was the small shop that used to be next door to Sports Direct and the last time that this had happened the goods had been shipped to Amsterdam for collection. I laughed .

True Enough. Yesterday I received the text message to collect my shirt from the Netherlands. Phoned customer services asking for an explanation to be told that they use a four digit code to represent each shop and that the store in the High Street that was now closed had had its code reassigned to the JD store in the Netherlands. Advised to go to Braehead to be refunded and reorder again to a different address. Got money back with a small apology.

I do not intend to use JD sports again and will not be buying any more St Mirren goods through them!

PS if any Buddie is in Holland soon I am sure they must be selling St Mirren memorabilia cheap, because it must cost more than its worth to return the goods, indeed maybe this is the reason for the stock shortage!

That made me laugh and cry in equal measure... to think wee louis Van Der Hertz and his mates are runnin/cycling roon Amsterdam in cut price saints away tops.... whilst oor weans seem to have a reciprocal arrangement with the shitty gold Barcelona away tops....

It's all double dutch to me!

We were assured after year one things would be better. Total bollocks it has only gotten worse. I was going to get the 3rd strip for my boy for xmas but as I can't get the complete strip then I wont bother. Lets face it what they have left will be half price on boxing day.

I did try to get the Scotland strip in Jd and had to get a different sized shorts to the top as they only had one pair of shorts left instore. No socks unless you have size 12 feet. Total disgrace that both Saints and SFA have sold out to these incompetent idiots for 20 pieces of silver.

Absolute shambles from JD sports regarding the technical wear and kits. Any kit supplier would be better! Aberdeen, utd, hibs, hearts and Motherwell all have standard kits from a better supplier. While they may not be bespoke, at least it's all there to buy all year round instead of running out after a month. It's the way the club has to go!

I was fortunate to be allowed to design four complete kits and have input into another two, but for the life of me, a deal where no kits are sold in the club's own stadium shop is something I just cannot agree with, and while I understand the desire of JD Sports to have Saints fans' footfall in their stores - I don't like the deal, while remaining grateful to have been involved. Initially I was sold on the idea of having a St Mirren presence in popular malls, but in my experience, our 'presence' in their stores (after an initial splash at launch) has merely been to see a few rag tag selections of our kits hanging amongst the ubiquitous Real Madrid, Man United, and Chelsea shirts.

As a supporter, I'd now be happier to see us play in a black and white version of an Adidas Stoke City, Sunderland, or West Brom kit, and have AWP handle everything. If that view makes me unpopular with a couple of people, I'll need to live with that.

That is an absolute belter, can you forward that onto the club and tell them to sort it out mate :)

That top is a bog-standard Adidas teamwear one, that you buy in bulk for your own team. I think it looks better than the Stoke, Sunderland or WBA ones, because it is so simple without bells and whistles, and daft Hearts-esque armbands added to mess it up.

I'd take that with white shorts and socks with three black Adidas stripes as a St Mirren strip any day of the week. Contact the club? No chance. My days of sticking my neb' in are over. I wouldn't even know who in the club is actually taking kit decisions for the future.

Went in the other day wae the missus tae try n get strips for the 2 boys they had none. So asked them if there was more coming in the wee lassie said she would go and find out, so a few minutes past she comes back over wae a guy in a suit and he asks what sizes told him 6-7 yr old and a 6-9 month (thinking there going to order in result), to which he replied nope you should have come in at start off the season to get them. Totally raging so safe to say I will never by another saints top again if jd sports is still dealing with them.