Jd Shirts

I too had a bad experience when buying the strip my son wanted, had to compromise for something else. Staff in shop didn't give a monkeys and it was in Paisley too.

Guess it is a hangover to Richard Atkinson's new Commercial Director appointment and probably seemed a good idea at the time.

The notion that you can't buy a top at the ground on match days is fatally flawed.

It has not worked, needs changing.

Wonder if the Fans Council have raised any of these concerns to the BoD.....

You would like to think that the club are aware of the problems that the fans are having trying to buy replica kit. If you don't get it in the 2 or 3 weeks at launch you are the knackered later. As mentioned at the beginning my sisters are unable to get their kids more St.Mirren stuff from JD.

Simply put it is unacceptable

The fans can win this. Simply don't buy this cheap shit that jd toss out for loads of run of the mill clubs down south. All they do is stick a different badge on it. Tell the board we want change and through the fans council we can force it. If nobody can get what they want and if the stuff is cheap anyhow we need change. Adidas from the catalogue would sell like hotcakes. Can you imagine how good the training gear would be also. It's time we voted for change here and if enough of us complain they will need to listen. Or maybe not maybe they will just take a few quid from jd and say get lost. Whatever happens jd are crap the strips are crap and not being able to buy a shirt on match day well its laughable

Just had a look on-line regarding availability, almost every home and away strip/top is available with only really below 10 year olds third choice strips not being available now.

Home………Awqy………Third

6-9………….6-9mths

12-18……,,.12-18

2-3………….2-3………….2-3years

4-5………….4-5

6-7………….6-7

8-10

10-12………10-12

12-13………12-13………12-13

13-15………13-15………13-15

S…………….S …………,,,S

M..…………..M……………M

L…………….L…………….L

XL………...…XL

XXL………....XXL………...XXL

XXXL

Does that include shorts and socks? I'll be surprised.......

Seriously question.

Would fans prefer to buy a kit similar to what Poz has produced where a run of strips could be ordered with a part donation could be made to Youth Development & a local charity (eg Accord) rather than deal with JD Sports.

No hideous sponsors on the front. I'm also sure it would be much cheaper for everyone.

I know I would.

Poz's strip wins every day of the week!!

Poz's strip wins every day of the week!!

The bog standard off-the-shelf Adidas teamwear one looks the mutt's nuts - if Steven Thompson and Darren McGregor came running out our tunnel wearing those, I might discover latent Tom Daley tendencies that I never knew I had.

icon12.gifcloud9.gifflowers.gif

The bog standard off-the-shelf Adidas teamwear one looks the mutt's nuts - if Steven Thompson and Darren McGregor came running out our tunnel wearing those, I might discover latent Tom Daley tendencies that I never knew I had.

Can we buy a lot and sell with the saints badge on?

I'm sure the club will provide details at the AGM as to why jd sports havn't or won't supply to the supporters demands thus discouraging potential future supporters

and give details as to how the service and availability will improve

No they won t ,they have refused to divulge their commercial agreements, just dtate its a good deal

Betcha they say nought

Can we buy a lot and sell with the saints badge on?

Interesting question, probably another one for Zurich Allan. I know who re-designed the St Mirren crest after we were told to lose the old castellations which belonged to Lord somebody-or-other and were his family crest or summat', but I don't know if the club have copyrighted or registered the crest in an official capacity. Intellectual copyright would naturally belong to Jack Paterson who did the re-design back in the day, so I would imagine that if any St Mirren fan bought a job lot of Adidas teamwear tops, slapped on a St Mirren crest and tried to sell them commercially, there would be issues for any individual who tried to do that. Probably involving a horse's head in your bed or Gowser giving you a kicking.

I'm sure the club will provide details at the AGM as to why jd sports havn't or won't supply to the supporters demands thus discouraging potential future supporters

and give details as to how the service and availability will improve

It was raised at the AGM last night.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the JD deal is the best ever commercially for the club. SG quantified this as being better for the club to the tune of two senior players wages per season and something that Provans for example could never match.

He said they have no control over the stock of shirts and they are as frustrated as the fans are with it and are in contact with JD about it all the time.

Ultimately, JDs priority us the shirt sponsorship part of the deal, and as said, overall, its the best deal for the club financially.

• 3 weeks later...

Missed this at the time. Just curious about the type of diving you've got in mind.