Argos!

Stuart Dickson

Argos is the new Comet. I f**king hate them and I can't wait till the wasters working in there are thrown onto the dole as the store goes bust. That is all - thanks for listening.

You come across as an utter cock in this post, Stu.

Argos is the new Comet. I f**king hate them and I can't wait till the wasters working in there are thrown onto the dole as the store goes bust. That is all - thanks for listening.

Actually Argos is the new Amazon, as they have announced plans to downsize their estate portfolio and convert to a more online/mail order style operation.

Guest somner9

So the dole queue beckons for most of their wasters - well at least that makes me happy

What a fine attitude and example to set with the certain knowledge this will increase your tax liability, and decrease any available allowances and benefits including government contributions to your private and state pensions. we'll done sir you gave a little so a lot could live as your equal.

What a fine attitude and example to set with the certain knowledge this will increase your tax liability, and decrease any available allowances and benefits including government contributions to your private and state pensions. we'll done sir you gave a little so a lot could live as your equal.

Remember I'd also like to scrap the welfare state - but yeah to be honest getting these people out of public life and keeping them locked indoors in their houses would be a good thing. Kinder for them too. The store that annoyed me is in Straiton, but it could just as easily have been any of their outlets. Companies I don't like don't tend to last very long - hope none is sitting on gift vouchers

Did you throw anything at the staff at Argos aside from abuse?

Reason I ask - did you not once have a meltdown in Comet and throw a DVD player?

Most people if they have a problem with customer service would

a. contact the store head office and make a formal complaint

b. vent their frustration on a consumer watchdog site

Instead you come on to a site run by St Mirren fans for St Mirren fans to bring this to our attention.

Hopefully they caught this abuse on CCTV and we might get a chance to laugh at your antics on YouTube (aptly named in your case).

Ah that "meltdown" felt good though. Something really satisfying about that one - especially since immediately after it they did exactly what I had been demanding. Comet took a while to go under. A couple of change of owners paying £1 each and then realising just how badly they'd be ripped off too meant the store lurched for ages before finally going down.

I don't know everything that Diko has posted but does make me laugh . Argos along with t'internet was to some extent instrumental in the demise of other companies he loathed , like Dixons and Vomit Comet. Once Argos goes and PC World , he will be pretty much forced to buy their sort of products on line . He will have to rage against the machine , then. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

I don't know everything that Diko has posted but does make me laugh . Argos along with t'internet was to some extent instrumental in the demise of other companies he loathed , like Dixons and Vomit Comet. Once Argos goes and PC World , he will be pretty much forced to buy their sort of products on line . He will have to rage against the machine , then. .

Oh FFS rolleyes.gif You need to learn more about the High Street. Dixons haven't suffered a "demise". Dixons still retain a High Street presence - albeit more of a retail park one these days - with it's ownership of Curry's and PC World. While on the internet Pixmania is their online brand.

As for Argos they are in a five year turnaround programme under the Home Retail Group. The Home Retail Group saw one of their businesses - Irish Homebase - enter into "examinship" earlier this year. As a group they've repeatedly issued profit warnings although earlier this year they saw a 40% increase in profit as their share price rose to a five year high. However since then shares have lost around 10% of their value and their CEO has announced he's resigning.

I'm simply making users of the forum aware that I would recommend people do their homework on the state of the Customer Service being offered by the staff in stores before buying products from there.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Guest somner9

Remember I'd also like to scrap the welfare state - but yeah to be honest getting these people out of public life and keeping them locked indoors in their houses would be a good thing. Kinder for them too. The store that annoyed me is in Straiton, but it could just as easily have been any of their outlets. Companies I don't like don't tend to last very long - hope none is sitting on gift vouchers

Aye but we are dealing with reality and any significant job losses will be funded as always by the tax payer.

On Argos,s future...

I think you,ll be going down a lot sooner and more often than them

But, they're employing lots of kids...surely you applaud their youth policy!

Kids need good role models and they aren't getting them at Argos. They need to be taught the importance of good customer service skills and the importance of the customer to the business. A quick check online shows I'm far from being the only person having a bad experience with them and it appears to be - as in my case - store managers who are the problem. I pity those poor kids.