Dome Damaged In The Storm

div

Just got a text from the club to advise that the Dome was "totally destroyed" in last nights storm and that all bookings have been cancelled until further notice.

Anyone down in the area seen the state of the place ?

Sad if the damage is as bad as the text has reported.

Have seen folks saying it might have been deliberately deflated in advance of the storm. I hope that is right but the text I got from the community guys this morning (I got it as I am the name under our weekly booking) just says "Dome has been totally destroyed today due to weather. All bookings off until further notice".

Maybe the damage isn't as bad as it looks at first sight.

Guest somner9

C'mon no need to panic yet Capt Mainwaring...

Read the instructions that came with it that cover instances such as this...

Troubleshooting - Dome Deflation

Attach dome to viable industrial strength pipefitting, connect to hot air source, show lard arse Dicko (hot air source) the letter authorising the £50k grant..... put on ear defenders and wait for the dome to be re-inflated in double quick time.

Seems whoever sent the initial text this morning was a bit over dramatic !

Brian has contact me and advised of the situation.

The emergency doors had blown in overnight, which of course caused the air to escape and the Dome deflated.

The structure of the Dome itself is fine.

There are contractors there at the moment working to repair the doors and then it should just be a case of re-inflating once they have completed their work.

Good stuff !!

Guest somner9

The emergency doors had blown in overnight, which of course caused the air to escape and the Dome deflated.

There are contractors there at the moment working to repair the doors and then it should just be a case of re-inflating connecting Dicko to the air inlet valve once they have completed their work.

Good stuff !!

FIFY

Guest somner9

There are contractors there at the moment working to repair the doors and then it should just be a case of re-inflating connecting Dicko to the air inlet valve once they have completed their work.

Good stuff !!

FIFY

Just got an tape of Brian's message to the met office as regards the potential damage their weather could have on the dome.

http://youtu.be/8g_GeQR8fJo