Dome Damaged In The Storm

div

Sally, I was told by heads of department at NLL and NLC that NLL was now self financing. Now I don't have accounts or further details but I don't particularly see it is relevant anyway. The fact remains that clubs like Wishaw Wycombe can book world class footballing facilities in Scotland for a great deal less than St Mirren are reportedly charging to play on a seven-a-side pitch under a tent.

£70 per hour for a seven-a-side pitch is an utter nonsense. It's blatant profiteering at the communities expense under the auspices of St Mirren being a "community" club. I'd have had little objection to this silly vanity project if St Mirren had been using their own cash but instead they've taken tax payers money and they've suckered SMiSA members into lending them money on a facility that can't withstand some wind! t's a poor show all round!

Bloody hell! Verbal diarrhoea elevated to a new level. You just don't have a clue. St.Mirren get a grant of 50K. NLL get gifted a multi-million pound facility and told to get on with it. No subsidy at all. Bollocks. But St.Mirren are the villains? Grow up.

I've said already Ravenscraig was built with funding from the Scottish Government, National Lottery and from Sports Scotland. I'm not trying to hide anything RIck. It cost something like £30m to build. Despite that though, and despite the fact that it is a world class facility that won't blow away in the wind, it still only costs £60 for a 2 hour FULL 11-a-side indoor pitch let on a Saturday or a Sunday - and it is still hugely cheaper and better than the vanity dome at Greenhill Road.

St Mirren shouldn't have received the grant. The club is a private business operating for profit to the benefit of a handful of shareholders. If the £70 per hour figure is indeed correct then it's shameful and the club have a cheek claiming it's a community club.

You are just so sad. I should have listened to Bluto a long time ago. Bye-Bye.

Bloody hell! Verbal diarrhoea elevated to a new level. You just don't have a clue. St.Mirren get a grant of 50K. NLL get gifted a multi-million pound facility and told to get on with it. No subsidy at all. Bollocks. But St.Mirren are the villains? Grow up.

Ofcourse they are RIck - they are the ones reportedly charging not for profit community football clubs £70 per hour for a seven-a-side pitch which teams in other area's are using full sized world class indoor facilities for two hours for £10 less. It doesn't matter what way you cut it at that price St Mirren are ripping off their users and it's shameful.

Sally, I was told by heads of department at NLL and NLC that NLL was now self financing. Now I don't have accounts or further details but I don't particularly see it is relevant anyway. The fact remains that clubs like Wishaw Wycombe can book world class footballing facilities in Scotland for a great deal less than St Mirren are reportedly charging to play on a seven-a-side pitch under a tent.

£70 per hour for a seven-a-side pitch is an utter nonsense. It's blatant profiteering at the communities expense under the auspices of St Mirren being a "community" club. I'd have had little objection to this silly vanity project if St Mirren had been using their own cash but instead they've taken tax payers money and they've suckered SMiSA members into lending them money on a facility that can't withstand some wind! t's a poor show all round!

That same wind, that Erskine and Forth Bridge, Scot Rail, Caledonian MacBrayne and my roof sad.png couldn't withstand.

If St Mirren are charging local youth football teams £70 per hour to use a 7-a-side pitch where the largest section of funding came from the SFP then I am absolutely disgusted and it proves me even more correct about my assertions about the SFP. It would also prove beyond all doubt that St Mirren are anything but a Community Club.

As a comparison Wishaw Wycombe could hire Ravenscraigs full size FIFA compliant indoor football pitch and stands for £60 for a two hour match day slot at the weekend. Thank f**k that facility isn't privately owned by a "community" football club rolleyes.gif

It certainly helps when North lanarkshire provide an annual "management fee" (subsidy to you & me !) to help with day to day running costs & ALL repair & maintenance costs are met by North Lanarkshire council

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet, (can't be arsed reading every response to SD pish), but

did you know teenagers are allowed free use of the dome 4 times a week for at least 2 hours at a

time, my 15 year old son goes and he says it's packed out with kids from all over paisley especially

on fri + sat night's, and it's all supervised by the clubs community workers,,, a great gesture from

the club and whoever else is involved....thumbup2.gif

by my calculation that's £560 worth of lets the club are giving back to the community every week

not too bad SD, eh!

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet, (can't be arsed reading every response to SD pish), but

did you know teenagers are allowed free use of the dome 4 times a week for at least 2 hours at a

time, my 15 year old son goes and he says it's packed out with kids from all over paisley especially

on fri + sat night's, and it's all supervised by the clubs community workers,,, a great gesture from

the club and whoever else is involved....thumbup2.gif

by my calculation that's £560 worth of lets the club are giving back to the community every week

not too bad SD, eh!

Yeah - that's more like it although thinking about it what is the initiative? Is it the midnight leagues where sponsorship funding is paid in to the club?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

That same wind, that Erskine and Forth Bridge, Scot Rail, Caledonian MacBrayne and my roof sad.png couldn't withstand.

Exactly.

You'd think that the consummate liar would be expert in this area given the amount of wind (and pish) he spouts on here every day.

It's highly amusing to see the drivel that fatty posts being picked apart, and proved to be the usual lies, by a couple of posts where the posters actually do know what they're talking about.

Yeah - that's more like it although thinking about it what is the initiative? Is it the midnight leagues where sponsorship funding is paid in to the club?

Nope, just an initiative from st mirren to get teenagers active and to keep

them away from trouble, hence the friday and saturday sessions, they

also get use of the dome on sunday afternoons and wednesdays after

school....

Why does anyone answer this cretin, He hates St.Mirren yet when Div was asked to come to a meeting with the board he was first in the queue, Hes a idiot lonely sad fecker with nothing else in his life but to troll through club website and spout piss, ignore him he'll get board and go else were for his kicks, twat

Can I please make a personal plea via this forum to mr dixon. Please can you take all your time and effort that you spend on here and kindly donate it to a cause somewhere in motherwell I am sure there are loads of schemes being run in that area that needs your expertise and leave us lesser morsels or saint mirren fans alone. I am asking you nicely to give us all peace. You hijack just about every topic and spout the biggest load of crap. Please Mr Dixon you know its for the best

I think they are hoping that dome will be back up late this week. I do believe people have been working on it over the weekend.

Please don't go hijacking SD's thread by posting answers relating to the original topic. How will we get to hear his many words of wisdom if you make him go elsewhere? A thoroughly bad show alanmurray!!

Ofcourse they are RIck - they are the ones reportedly charging not for profit community football clubs £70 per hour for a seven-a-side pitch which teams in other area's are using full sized world class indoor facilities for two hours for £10 less. It doesn't matter what way you cut it at that price St Mirren are ripping off their users and it's shameful.

No they are not. It's not £60 for kids training which is what you'd have to compare it with.

Every time you post this nonsense it's going to be challenged.

You've been shown to be a liar and now you've not even done your homework.

On this particular issue why not get off your lazy arse and find out yourself.

You could give your gum bashing a rest if you like while you are doing it.

I don't know how much the dome cost and what percentage was tax payers money but I'm sure it would be an absolute drop in the ocean compared to other tax payers money expenditures. Probably about the same as one MPs's expenses claim for a year. We all pay our taxes so if the club we support and the community get a great facility out of it then what's the problem?

The same wind which killed at least one person.

On Thursday evening - on the day this all happened - Wishaw Wycombe had a training session on a 3g 7-a-side pitch at Wishaw Sports Centre. The session cost £15 per hour, the facility was open and 19 lads enjoyed the health benefits of a good work out.

Meanwhile in Paisley any team renting the dome for £70 per hour were denied the same health benefits cause the balloon couldn't cope with Scottish weather.

Guest somner9

I don't know how much the dome cost and what percentage was tax payers money but I'm sure it would be an absolute drop in the ocean compared to other tax payers money expenditures. Probably about the same as one MPs's expenses claim for a year. We all pay our taxes so if the club we support and the community get a great facility out of it then what's the problem?

I wonder how many domes could be installed across the country if the Tories hadn't spunked all the tax payers money on PCC's and not knowing that you have to build aircraft carriers that can actually accomodate aircraft.

On Thursday evening - on the day this all happened - Wishaw Wycombe had a training session on a 3g 7-a-side pitch at Wishaw Sports Centre. The session cost £15 per hour, the facility was open and 19 lads enjoyed the health benefits of a good work out.

Meanwhile in Paisley any team renting the dome for £70 per hour were denied the same health benefits cause the balloon couldn't cope with Scottish weather.

Wishaw sports centre cost millions to build all out of the public purse. It also subsidised from the public purse

The dome pays rates back into the public purse