Aberdeen V St Mirren Top League 14/12/13

shull

Just in from Aberdeen. Two shocking goals to lose, MacAusland and keeper can be blamed to a certain extent for both goals. It was not a day for football, but Aberdeen adapted much better and also showed a desire to win that St Mirren never showed, sad to travel so far to see this sort of application by our team.

Just saw highlights there.

McAusland back to bomb scare again sadly and lucky to only concede two from his errors.

What's he doing?

Aye, it was painful. shutup.gif

As I said, individual errors killed us, goalie has now made a couple in last few games.

Easier to take if they had scored a couple of great goals..........................

Just in from Aberdeen. Two shocking goals to lose, MacAusland and keeper can be blamed to a certain extent for both goals. It was not a day for football, but Aberdeen adapted much better and also showed a desire to win that St Mirren never showed, sad to travel so far to see this sort of application by our team.

Funny how Cheesy gets a name call and the goalie rarely gets a mention in most posts?

thought from the short highlights we looked pretty honking. Harkins looked ok in them but not much else. Thompsons goal looked undoubtedly onside, would it have made a difference? Who knows

I can only imagine it wasn't given for Thompson being offside as he was clearly onside.

Would it have made a difference? About as obvious us scoring the first goal would have made a difference as Thompson himself was onside.

Can only imagine it was given for McLean's forward pass although it did look like the flag didn't go up until the ball was knocked across to Thommo?

Forget offside or onside. It looks like they made a mistake, same as they made a mistake not giving a penalty against us for Jim's handball... twice. Take it on the chin and move on, sometimes we get the luck and others we don't. We can't exactly change the score now anyway so the team should just focus on the next game ahead.

Was told the offside was given against Naismith. The linesman stopped and started to raise his flag a split second before Naismith played the ball. If you watch it back in slow motion and pause just before he plays the ball you will see the flag being raised.

Unfortunate and very late but the correct decision.

Cheesy had a total Mair yesterday but I wouldn't drop him on the back if one poor performance. He's been excellent for us this season and deserves to retain his starting slot IMO.

Edited by davidg

Just seen the highlights and although I'm a big Cheesy fan I have to say he has had a complete shocker

He could have cost us 4 or 5 yesterday. Aberdeen had loads of chances and most if not all contained a moment with Cheesy giving the ball away.

I had to check if I was imagining that Isabella was trolling me, 60% of his last 20 posts are, and I'm really shocked, all aimed at/mention me. 1eye.gif

Me happy that he's as obsessed with me as Shull is with Celtic. whistling.gif

Back on topic, looking at the goals again, even more painful than seeing them at the game. It's schoolboy stuff for the first and the second.

No need for a witch hunt, just hope it doesn't have an effect on the players next week as Motherwell have a threat up front and will cash in.

We had started the 2nd half better, although really didn't look like scoring.

Long trip home after losing the game like that.

Just seen the highlights and although I'm a big Cheesy fan I have to say he has had a complete shocker He could have cost us 4 or 5 yesterday. Aberdeen had loads of chances and most if not all contained a moment with Cheesy giving the ball away.

Looked like he lost confidence, was indecisive and it showed.

Not alone but unfortunately the goal involving him and Kello was the beginning of the end.

We shouldn't forget Aberdeen are a decent side and have more of a goal threat than we do. Pity we gifted them their 2 goals.

Was told the offside was given against Naismith. The linesman stopped and started to raise his flag a split second before Naismith played the ball. If you watch it back in slow motion and pause just before he plays the ball you will see the flag being raised.

Unfortunate and very late but the correct decision.

Cheesy had a total Mair yesterday but I wouldn't drop him on the back if one poor performance. He's been excellent for us this season and deserves to retain his starting slot IMO.

Has he - IIRC he was part of the CD combo that was so shaky at the start of the season.

He has played well in general since he came back but all three of our first choice (sic) CH's Mair, McAusland & McGregor are prone to making errors, that's why they're all playing in a Bottom Six SPL team. All much of a muchness although I tend to agree that to drop McAusland for one poor performance would be excessive.

I'm not really sure what to make of yesterday. I think we were just beaten by a better football team in all honest, although we shot ourselves in the foot with both goals. We didn't play poorly, the conditions hampered the long balls to Thompson in the first half and things could have been so different with the offside goal. I really would have to see the highlights again as both passes to me looked onside but then again my seat was practically restricted view so who knows.

The wind is the first cause of the opening goal. The ball over the top just gets caught up and thus the flight of the ball confuses Kello. That said he should have been off his line quicker or shouted to Cheesey to clear it. McAusland had a poor game yesterday but the blame lies with Kello for me.

As it does with the second. He's completely caught out by the wind again. The wind was blowing into the "camera" side, and it just whips the ball into the far corner with the keeper stranded. I don't think he was impeeded. I'd need to see it again but he just doesn't have time to adjust to the change of direction and tries to spare his blushes by claiming a foul.

Danny picked the best starting line up and made the right sub as well. McGinn was struggling a wee bit and Harkins added a bit of bite. He was unlucky to shoot wide and then weaved through a cluster of players but Langfield saved. I don't think Harkins should start but far too many have their mind made up about him. He has the ability to change a game and nearly did so yesterday. He still has plenty to offer.

Just seen the goals on Goals on Sunday. No chance was Kello fouled, his positioning was very poor. Yesterday was just a blip, I think we'll keep the run going over the festive break.

Guest somner9

we needed to play as positive as Aberdeen did with three up front. It will be the same story when we come up against Dundee utd it will be another game where we have to set up to score one more than them.

McInnes and McNamara have decided most teams are there for taking if you commit to two up front with one tucked in behind. We really need to follow suit, and sacrifice McGinn to put Harkins up beside Thommo until we get a back up/foil for Thommo.

we have a sweet midfield that can break up and move the ball forward, but we need two goal threat players to take advantage of that and the negative tactics deployed by half the league. the motherwell game would be a good place to start as they don,t commit as many forward as the dons and Arabs.

Edited by somner9

The simple fact is that Aberdeen and Dundee United have better players than us. Particularly Dundee United.

Setting out to go to Tannadice with more attackers is suicide.

We need to keep the midfield packed, avoid passing the ball in our own half or in midfield, get the ball forward as quickly and often as possible and get men forward at that point to put pressure on United.

Putting Harkins in for McGinn would be a joke.