Should Danny Be. Sacked For Not Losing?

Guest somner9

We are approaching that time of year when we tend to look back at the previous 12 months and decide on such things as

best poster

best post

best thread

and the such like. The original poster has clearly made an attempt to gain nomination's in the categories of worst thread and pointless urine.

We are approaching that time of year when we tend to look back at the previous 12 months and decide on such things as

best poster

best post

best thread

and the such like. The original poster has clearly made an attempt to gain nomination's in the categories of worst thread and pointless urine.

Indeed Tom, and a clear winner he is for consistently coming up with the most pointless and car crash threads. thumbdown.gif

Suppose it's got to be someone.

Dear Friends at B&Warmy.

I have treated myself to a new pad and am trying to get used to it. Over the past few days I attempted to contribute to the ICT match thread, but started this new thread instead. Please permit me to apologise to anyone whom I have offended.

The truth is I think Danny is doing a great job.

best poster

best post

best thread

The Nacho Novo is a Cnut thread should win every year. No question....

Guest somner9

best poster

best post

best thread

Does this mean you have withdrawn your call to have Danny sacked.... or just another in a long line of pish soaked deflections?

Guest somner9

I,m so angry that the team have won again, have lost only one in ten games and kept five clean sheets.... What is Danny thinking???

and to top it all he had the cheek to play two of his summer signings, allowed them to have decent games and even let one of them score!!!!

It's just as we'll all these wins and good performances are nothing to do with him..... Grrrrr it just makes a my blood boil!

Guest somner9

We're still not in the Top Six and won't be by January 2nd.

Still care for that bet?

Please read other thread highlighting you bottled the bet for a further five games..... (are you sure you don't want to wait till it is mathematically certain?)

I stand by my bet.... I've always believed in displaying good formthumbup2.gif

Please read other thread highlighting you bottled the bet for a further five games..... (are you sure you don't want to wait till it is mathematically certain?)

Yeah, quite a few including this one which I reckon is a typical example............

My problem is I see his aim of a Top Six finish not even directly quoted here as an aspiration not a declaration that anything less is a failure. If you can point to one where he specifically states that a Top Six finish is the minimum we should be achieving then fine - not that it'll make anything I've posted on the issue wrong.

Oh, and the offer of bet on us being in the Top Six by January 1st is still open.

As I said I took pity on you because it was such a stupid bet and as the above post shows I didn't wait a further five games (two of which were in the cup and therefore irrelevant) before saying I was ready to show you up. Another somner9 error exposed!

See you on January 3rd.

Guest somner9

As I said I took pity on you because it was such a stupid bet and as the above post shows I didn't wait a further five games (two of which were in the cup and therefore irrelevant) before saying I was ready to show you up. Another somner9 error exposed!

See you on January 3rd.

Oh dear....what can't talk can't lie your post 8th October 2013.... and you are right it hasn't been five games... its been eight! with two cup games

"

My standard reply to these wagers is if you're correct I'll stop posting on B&WArmy if I'm right you do.

You do realize that 6th place is a moving target - Dundee Utd. currently in 6th have 13 points from 9 games. If you extrapolate this to after the Killie game (the 20th of the season) the target will be 28/29 - that's a bit higher than average but it'll be comfortably over a point a game, 25 is the minimum I expect.

Do you really expect us to make up 8 points in 11 games (plus the game in hand against Celtic)? I have to say that's one of the most sporting offers I've ever been made. If we're really in 6th place come Jan 1st the busses back to Paisley will be full of smiling faces. holiday.gif

Just to give you some more to think about let's look at the league table as it stood this Ne'erday - 6th place Killie on 27 points from 20 games!

http://www.statto.co...able/2012-12-30

It's a bet I'm not going to hold you to - but I've gotta say I admire your style I for one will not bump this thread. drinks_cheers.gif

Well I based my reply on you saying it was five games since the bet was offered - you make the initial mistake and then blame me for taking it at face value! 1eye.gif

Oh dear....what can't talk can't lie your post 8th October 2013.... and you are right it hasn't been five games... its been eight! with two cup games

"

My standard reply to these wagers is if you're correct I'll stop posting on B&WArmy if I'm right you do.

You do realize that 6th place is a moving target - Dundee Utd. currently in 6th have 13 points from 9 games. If you extrapolate this to after the Killie game (the 20th of the season) the target will be 28/29 - that's a bit higher than average but it'll be comfortably over a point a game, 25 is the minimum I expect.

Do you really expect us to make up 8 points in 11 games (plus the game in hand against Celtic)? I have to say that's one of the most sporting offers I've ever been made. If we're really in 6th place come Jan 1st the busses back to Paisley will be full of smiling faces. holiday.gif

Just to give you some more to think about let's look at the league table as it stood this Ne'erday - 6th place Killie on 27 points from 20 games

http://www.statto.co...able/2012-12-30

It's a bet I'm not going to hold you to - but I've gotta say I admire your style I for one will not bump this thread.

drinks_cheers.gif

It now appears we've been squabbling over this a bit longer than I remembered but it's clear that despite my initial attempt to let you retreat with some grace it's you who's been ducking the bet. Oh and the parts in red from the October 8th post confirm that it was not a lack of bottle but pity that stopped me from taking the bet back then - erm, what was that advice about holes?

Edited by Bud the Baker