Should Danny Be. Sacked For Not Losing?

Guest somner9

Just let it lie, Buddies... smile.png

No need for backing down by either- just celebrate along with me in the first week of the New Year, when I bet Saints will be lying fourth, if not third, in the league... rolleyes.gif

Erm, since when did you rise above the urge to squabble on the interweb?

Is it not the main function of this site?

I'm sure there are people with better things to do but they don't spend their leisure hours squabbling on B&WArmy!

Many on this forum when asked about whether to keep Lennon or get rid , have said "give it till xmas", which I suppose is the end of the year. In which case, the year 2013 has seen us play 33 league matches, winning only 6 of them. League form seems to be the yardstick as it keeps us in the top division and cup competitions appear secondary, as no funds have been made available for players despite winning a trophy.

Its just my opinion, but 6 wins in 33 attempts is a pretty miserable return.I could go on and add that the acquisition of players from outwith the club has also been a miserable failure. Just as well one or two of our young home bred players have come through to save the day.

We did win a national trophy, having miraculously eliminated our nemesis, Celtic, at the penultimate hurdle. This has masked the league failure to a great extent, and management and players lived off this success for a long period. Relinquishing the trophy at the first attempt to a lower division team was also hard to take.The recent form has seen us win a few matches - all against bottom end teams - but goalscoring seems to elude us the last couple of games.All in all a rather disappointing year - cup win notwithstanding - and a vast scope for improvement.

Should the manager be allowed to continue, given his record since taking the helm ? Unfortunately not in this mere amphibians opinion.

I will now hop back under my stone to avoid the flak I will no doubt receive for daring to tell it like it is.

Many on this forum when asked about whether to keep Lennon or get rid , have said "give it till xmas", which I suppose is the end of the year. In which case, the year 2013 has seen us play 33 league matches, winning only 6 of them. League form seems to be the yardstick as it keeps us in the top division and cup competitions appear secondary, as no funds have been made available for players despite winning a trophy.

Its just my opinion, but 6 wins in 33 attempts is a pretty miserable return.I could go on and add that the acquisition of players from outwith the club has also been a miserable failure. Just as well one or two of our young home bred players have come through to save the day.

We did win a national trophy, having miraculously eliminated our nemesis, Celtic, at the penultimate hurdle. This has masked the league failure to a great extent, and management and players lived off this success for a long period. Relinquishing the trophy at the first attempt to a lower division team was also hard to take.The recent form has seen us win a few matches - all against bottom end teams - but goalscoring seems to elude us the last couple of games.All in all a rather disappointing year - cup win notwithstanding - and a vast scope for improvement.

Should the manager be allowed to continue, given his record since taking the helm ? Unfortunately not in this mere amphibians opinion.

I will now hop back under my stone to avoid the flak I will no doubt receive for daring to tell it like it is.

Here,Here. p.s. Dont tell Faraway im talking to you.whistling.gif

My criteria for judging a Saints manager remains 10th place in the league and not going out of the cups to a lower league team.

We're currently 8th in the league and although we were knocked out of the LC by QotS in the first round (for us) I reckon DL should be given till the split before any decision is made on renewing his contract - if he can keep us in our current position I'd be inclined to offer him a further 2 years

Lennon's record has been a bit of a mixed bag over his tenure and he suffers from the current malaise of wanting to play football "the proper way" but on the occasions when it's mattered he's been able to ditch these principles in order to get the required results.