Best Individual Performance?

Was watching a video of Isma Goncalves in his time with us on YouTube there and the cup game v St J at home has got to be one of the very best individual performances I've seen for us. Could easily have had 5 that day.

Any other similar performances by players that anyone can think of?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PocVg3Z_NEg

I remember the Marc Corcoran performance well - could never understand why he could'nt play like that more often.

The one that stands out for me without thinking was Ally McLeod scoring 4 at Ibrox in a 4-1 League Cup humping of R*ng*rs about a week after they had won 4-0 at Love Street. Bobby McKean was pretty hot that night too. R*ng*rs scored as I was going up the stairs at the start of the game and I thought we were in for an even bigger gubbing. Turned out to be one of the best nights of my life.

In the great Morton v Saints game (was it 1981) the whole team was electric but Peter Weir in the first half especially was out of this world. 3-0 up at half time. The other exceptional individual performance I've already mentioned was Gerry Baker destroying Rangers at Ibrox in the autumn of 1959. A true St.Mirren legend.

Yeah was going to say Mehmet v Hearts in the LC semi. Ripped them apart,the whole team were exceptional that night.

Junior Mendes tore Airdrie a new one anytime he played them, and the game against Clyde when he returned for us and scored a hat trick? He had his moments playing for us.

Coco v Well is right up there.

McAvennie against Dundee Utd at Love Street.

4-0 in which he scored a hat trick.

It should have been more as Stevie Clarke scored the greatest goal that never was.

The ref said he blew the whistle for half time before the ball hit the net.

This was against an Utd side who were cheated out an European Cup Final this season

April 81....2-0 down to Thistle at half time and Wee Alan Logan pops up with a second half hat-trick. Brilliant.

When I left Kishorn where I was working at the time it was 2-0 ,Reception on radio crap and nothing more heard until going round Loch Lomond a couple of hours later,

you could have heard me shout "Ya Dancer" all the way back at Kishorn when I heard the final score. Dropped off at County Square and immediately looked for an

Evening Times to read all about our Glorious win.

It would take four and a half hours to get to Paisley back then for a bevvy and your Nat King Cole Saturday night at home and then leave at eight on the Sunday for the

same epic drive for a Monday start at eight. Makes going up and down the A9 this weekend a cakewalk compared to that journey back then ,that road was REAL pish.

Campbell Money vs Celtic at Love St, I think it was '88. He got knocked out late in the first half and was suffering double vision, Saints were 1 nil up and he soldiered on to half time. In the second half he was inspired, a last minute save from a Derek Whyte header had us all singing his name, as we held onto to win.

Agree with windae cleaner and his Frank McAvennie hat trick in the 4-0 demolition of reigning League Champions Dundee United (and on their way to the European Cup Semi Final).

In a game just before that I remember Ian Scanlon having a cracker in the 4-2 against Celtic, capping it with his 30 odd yarder to clinch it.

Frank McGarvey had many stormers. One of his best saw him score a first half hat trick against Dundee at Love Street in his second spell at Love Street.

Some left field memories.

Thomas Stickroth's first appearance as a sub against Rangers at Love Street. I couldn't believe how good he was. After we signed him I couldn't believe how shite he turned out to be! He did have a stormer in the 3-0 win at Parkhead however.

Jen's Paeslack's second half substitute debut away to Airdrie was also a cracker. He too turned out to be shite.

I can also remember Junior Mendes scoring an amazing hat trick away to Airdrie as well.

Agree with windae cleaner and his Frank McAvennie hat trick in the 4-0 demolition of reigning League Champions Dundee United (and on their way to the European Cup Semi Final).

In a game just before that I remember Ian Scanlon having a cracker in the 4-2 against Celtic, capping it with his 30 odd yarder to clinch it.

Frank McGarvey had many stormers. One of his best saw him score a first half hat trick against Dundee at Love Street in his second spell at Love Street.

Some left field memories.

Thomas Stickroth's first appearance as a sub against Rangers at Love Street. I couldn't believe how good he was. After we signed him I couldn't believe how shite he turned out to be! He did have a stormer in the 3-0 win at Parkhead however.

Jen's Paeslack's second half substitute debut away to Airdrie was also a cracker. He too turned out to be shite.

I can also remember Junior Mendes scoring an amazing hat trick away to Airdrie as well.

Paeslack nearly scoring a bullet from the halfway line wide on the left - straight after centre was taken.

And every one of juniors goals that day at broad wood was setup by his strike partner, Chris iwelumo ( whatever happened to him??). It was at the time he was still being used as a wide right player predominantly by fitzy and iwelumo was still breaking into the side. A bit of a surprise when the game started and they were both paired up front together.

Paeslack nearly scoring a bullet from the halfway line wide on the left - straight after centre was taken.

And every one of juniors goals that day at broad wood was setup by his strike partner, Chris iwelumo ( whatever happened to him??). It was at the time he was still being used as a wide right player predominantly by fitzy and iwelumo was still breaking into the side. A bit of a surprise when the game started and they were both paired up front together.

I'm sure big Chris didn't come on until the start of the second half.

It would take four and a half hours to get to Paisley back then for a bevvy and your Nat King Cole Saturday night at home and then leave at eight on the Sunday for the same epic drive for a Monday start at eight.

I was up there for two years on the Maureen platform. That journey was a nightmare, epsecially for the driver if his passengers had been on the bevvy before heading back up.

I was up there for two years on the Maureen platform. That journey was a nightmare, epsecially for the driver if his passengers had been on the bevvy before heading back up.

Same job as me....I was with McMillan Offshore.......A Pound behind the book made things a bit better.cool.png

Still mates with my old Boss from back then after all these years, have a few golf days with him.

Have some stories from up there that are not suitable for a Public Forum whistling.gifwhistling.gif