Billy Mehmet

craignumawan

Seen Billy say on twitter yesterday he was flying off to Thailand (I think) to start his next adventure, so definitely no return to us. I'll try to find the actual tweet.

Awe naw..................don't tell me this has all been a load of wasted time?

Never mind, Gowser out for 10 weeks.....................wait that wisnae true either.

It'll no be long till the next Mehmet thread, cannie wait. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Thailand befcuk.........................do they need a midfielder? whistling.gif

Wonder if Chic meant 10 weeks in the jail?

Edited by faraway saint

Couldn't agree more.. won't you come home Bill Mehmet

I can remember an interview where Billy himself said he did not regard himself as a goalscorer but as a forward who preferred to play behind a target man striker but because of his height he was often played as the target man. With us Billy was often the lone forward with only Dorman supporting from deep midfield. Billy was often isolated up front with us.

I could see him play more the Paul McGowan role or playing alongside a natural goalscorer (Adam Campbell?). When he left us allegedly Aberdeen and Motherwell were interested in him.

We now have football players in the team and I reckon Billy would fit in a lot better this time assuming he is physically fit and match fit.

I really can't believe that this forum has generated 6 pages in the 'Rumour' Section debating whether Billy Mehmet should return to play for the Buddies.

One page maybe two............ but 6! unsure.png

At least this thread had a bit of reality, with the picture and that....rather than the usual "saw him in asda" dross that usually starts another pointless thread on here whistling.gif

With us Billy was often the lone forward with only Dorman supporting from deep midfield. Billy was often isolated up front with us.

Very rarely, if ever did Mehmet play as a lone striker with St. Mirren.

He nearly always had a partner, eg Kean, Sutton, Dargo, Higdon.

We played Dorman as an out and out striker in a couple of games (the 2-0 relegation crunch away to Falkirk and the home game with Accies the following week) and he partnered Mehmet.

Its amazing how the lone striker under Gus Macpherson myth has evolved. Even more amazing now that the lone striker is used by most sides in world football these days.