The Sky Is Changing Colour!?!?

GlenburnSaint

It's relatively unusual. Best seen a lot further north. I've only seen it when up the hills beyond inverness. Now I'm in London and there's no chance.

Caused by solar flare activity interacting with our outer layers like the ozone.

I get emails from Lancaster ( I think) university informing me of when it's likely to be seen. I used to put an alert on here, in the olden days...

Wonder if THAT thread still exists....

My envy is genuine. :)

My wummin wants to go to an ice palace in northern Finland where you sleep in a glass room and be alerted if it starts up! If suggested a compromise of John o groats.

But Glenburn is starting to sound groovy....

Eta this winter has been forecast as expected to have max solar activity. There are lots of Travel Cos organising trips.

Edited by bluto

It's relatively unusual. Best seen a lot further north. I've only seen it when up the hills beyond inverness. Now I'm in London and there's no chance.

Caused by solar flare activity interacting with our outer layers like the ozone.

I get emails from Lancaster ( I think) university informing me of when it's likely to be seen. I used to put an alert on here, in the olden days...

Wonder if THAT thread still exists....

My envy is genuine. smile.png

My wummin wants to go to an ice palace in northern Finland where you sleep in a glass room and be alerted if it starts up! If suggested a compromise of John o groats.

But Glenburn is starting to sound groovy....

According to this site ,its not an "Aurora night"

http://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/