The Psycopath Test. .

saintnextlifetime

"Your score 36%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life."

Sounds just like me!

Ha!

42% with exactly the same comment.

Must be genetic................................

Guest TPAFKATS

The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson makes interesting reading.

Given my line of work, one might expect that I'd be bumping into psychopaths left, right, and centre, but I can honestly say that there are only a handful of folk (even at the sharp end where I'm based) that I would genuinely consider to present with many of these traits on a consistent basis.

Its as much a label as a diagnosis, and, as such, should always be approached with caution. Many people fail to demonstrate empathy with others, but the background to this can be extremely compex (ranging from autistic features, experience of trauma, and deficiencies in upbringing etc.).

Indeed - a few laugh out loud moments that maybe aren't intended to be funny. Oh hang on, does that mean I'm a psycho...

The test channel 4 are running relies on honesty. Hmmm

It also gives score for a number of famous people who never took the test

Psychopathy is not just about murderous nutters.

There's a list of attributes held by professionals now which guides doctors in identifying them.

That online test isn't it. Psychopaths are believed by professionals to be widespread throughout society in all parts of the world.

Very few if any turn into murders or violent people.

They are however capable of doing appalling things without remorse, regret, empathy or otherwise.

There are some very famous cases of suspected psychopathy involving film stars, politicians, business leaders etc.

Indeed. When I said 'true' psychopaths I meant the divergence of the range of attributes you identify (there are others) but I didn't mean to suggest that only true psychopaths murder. As I understand it the 'condition', if it is a condition, is to do with the total lack of distinction between morally objective right and wrong, amongst other things. Certainly, it has become fashionable to think of mental conditions as being on a scale; e.g. we're all said to be somewhere on the autism scale, but there's a massive difference between me and, for example, my wife who has the diagnosis of mild autism where I wouldn't rate that. But while we all might demonstrate traits that psychopaths have, I'm not sure that puts us on the same scale as I don't think those traits, individually, equate to psychopathy. Perhaps a qualified clinical psychologist on here can clarify?

Oh and while I'm on, 'Mon the Saints!'

Edited by Barney63

We need to know who devised this test. We have a right to know. Someone tell me why they picked on me. Why is it the site crashed just after delivering my score? After all. Mine was the perfect 100%!

I'm going to find out who was at the bottom of this insult and, when I do,.............................

bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gifwhistling.gif

Your

score 61%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

A load of old bollox, you could easily manipulate the answers to give what you liked.

Just done it again, wow, 100%..........................pish poor. A real test would have made it less easy to manipulate the results.

I could kill the guy who came up with this pish. whistling.gif

While it is a load of old bollox, Why would you like to think that one load of old bollox describes you better than an other load of old bolox? No one knows you better than yourself and if you think that is how you want people to think of you, chances are that is how you behave.

PS I wonder what maxi/Tracy/Obi/Tony got for his scorejerry.gif

While it is a load of old bollox, Why would you like to think that one load of old bollox describes you better than an other load of old bolox? No one knows you better than yourself and if you think that is how you want people to think of you, chances are that is how you behave.

PS I wonder what maxi/Tracy/Obi/Tony got for his scorejerry.gif

Have you been in this country long? blink.png

Your

score

61%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

A load of old bollox, you could easily manipulate the answers to give what you liked.

Just done it again, wow, 100%..........................pish poor. A real test would have made it less easy to manipulate the results.

I could kill the guy who came up with this pish. whistling.gif

You are probably ready for the Sociopath Test. .whistling.gif