The Psycopath Test. .

saintnextlifetime

I'm doing forensic psychology just now and the term psychopaths is still used in this field, though the term Holly used above is used but the problem with it is that tho it fits many criminals it is representative of only a minority of 'psychopaths'. The vast majority of psychopaths are not killers or violent. Robert Hare is seen as the world expert on psychopaths and he devised a psychopathy checklist - It's a wee bit more complicated than this guys (i got 15%). there is a 20item test to identify psychopathic traits, an interview and obv looking over medical files.

Edited by Miss Saint

No such thing these days as a pyscopath - the medical term is antisocial personality disorder. Just in case you was wondering ;)

Oh and many people function in life without being violent murderers with these tendacies smile.png

Although factually correct that psychopathy has been redefined in a pure medical sense, it isn't accurate to say that there's no such thing as a psychopath or even that the two are identical. There's plenty of recent research that discusses the short-sighted approach that was taken with the changes in labelling, as the ASPD categories have been proven with evidence to not be as good predictors of future behaviour or offending as the previous (and still relied upon by many practitioners) PSL-R. As such, within the criminal justice system they still significantly rely on the PSL-R (and PCL:SV) when evaluating the potential for re-offending. It's been shown many times that although very similar, ASPD and psychopathy aren't in fact a perfect fit in all circumstances.

how can our scores not make sense??? Holly got 69% I got 15% what is there to understand? - we are 2 different people unlike many posters on here!

Oh FFS my eyesight is embarassing me even more than my typing fingers. oops.gif

Still - could be worse. I could be Dickson or bluto.

Or Faraway Saint.

Oh FFS my eyesight is embarassing me even more than my typing fingers. oops.gif

Still - could be worse. I could be Dickson or bluto.

Or Faraway Saint.

numpty. ive not a clue who's who on here anymore and tbh dont really care BUT Div should make an annual charge of a tenner (going to youth development) to use the site - see how many disappear then!