It Was 20 Years Ago Today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6grfCxj8VE

Worst conditions I've ever endured at a football match. Thank f*** for covered grounds and for the fact Saints no longer need to compete in this bloody competition..

Firewall at work blocking Youtube, but I'm guessing this was the Diddy Cup final against Falkirk at Fir Park?

Brrrrrrr!

Remember this one. Was only about 7 at the time, just about de-frosted now. My mum took me and my cousin, she couldn't find our bus after the game. We spent about 30 mins looking for it. I would say it was the most gutted I felt about a game.....then the 2010 final happened :(. How many Saints fans were there? Was it about 50/50 with the Falkirk fans?

The Challenge cup is proper diddyish but if you get to the semis you are in it to win it. That was the best night out in the 2005/06 season.Paisley was superb after it.

Had the mother of all nightmare journeys home after that game - weather was atrocious - had to come off the m74 at Abington in the days pre mobiles and Internet to get my dad to go on ceefax to see if snow had closed the motorway!

Fortunately me and my sturdy Renault 5 made it to the m6 in englandshire where there wasn't even a hint if snow! Finally got in the house about 11 - still cold and knackered !

Had the mother of all nightmare journeys home after that game - weather was atrocious - had to come off the m74 at Abington in the days pre mobiles and Internet to get my dad to go on ceefax to see if snow had closed the motorway!

Fortunately me and my sturdy Renault 5 made it to the m6 in englandshire where there wasn't even a hint if snow! Finally got in the house about 11 - still cold and knackered !

Me too!

We'll thaw out eventually.

Got home at 7am on the monday after the most miserable overnight bus journey from Buchanan street to Birmingham you can imagine. Still makes me shiver thinking about it.

I remember on the way to the game thinking that at least we had the best seats in the house - Main Stand / Front Row. After 10 minutes we were sitting above ankle deep in icy water and facing the driving rain for the full 90 minutes. It's the only time after the game that I didn't order a pint when we got to a pub on the way home - I had two large rums and a bowl of lentil soup.

Buggering hell.

Twenty years already?

I still remember the kick off being delayed and still arriving after kick off just to stand in the pissing rain behind the goal to watch my beloved team get pumped. Following that game I spent three days in bed coughing up flem and shivering like our poster Somner when faced with an intelligent conversation.

Dreadful experience that day and I can honestly say I have never stood outside to watch football since when a covered option is on offer, never!

We were snidered big time being housed in the then uncovered terracing. What a shit venue for the game. The huge flag being unfurled at half time gave about 30 seconds respite from the hail, rain, sleet, snow and whatever other kinds of shit weather exists. New shy burry excelsior Brookfield Airdrie park or whatever it's called made up for it :)

Still a shit day weather wise :)

It really was awful that day. Travelled with kenny p. Train lines were down at Berwick as we tried to make it back to Newcastle. Delayed for hours. Got back about 2am and had to be at work for 6am. Couldn't even take a sicky as I was only temporary at the time and didn't want to risk getting finished. The final at Airdrie was a good day though.