Centre Half Pairing

Mair and McGregor hopefully.

If either one of the above, or god forbid Goodwin put in a performance like McAusland did on Saturday, this place would be crying for the player to be dropped!

But hey ho Cheesy is one of our own, folk on the forum know him etc so I doubt the reaction will be the same.

Forgot he was.

Ok Let's not change the starting 11 till someone gets injured or is there a certain number of howlers before someone else should get there chance?

Or we try this : the manager constantly monitors players form both in training & in matches. If he sees that a player is exhibiting a dip in FORM or confidence whilst another player is on the up ... change it !

If its a one off ........ spend the time at the next training session examining mistakes made & trying to learn from them .

I dont believe its right to drop players cause of one bad game , the reason both young full backs are in the team is because of the form (or lack of form of both "1st choice " full backs ") They then become the No1choice & shouldnt lose their place because a speedy winger hangs them out to dry during a game .

Or we try this : the manager constantly monitors players form both in training & in matches. If he sees that a player is exhibiting a dip in FORM or confidence whilst another player is on the up ... change it !

If its a one off ........ spend the time at the next training session examining mistakes made & trying to learn from them .

I dont believe its right to drop players cause of one bad game , the reason both young full backs are in the team is because of the form (or lack of form of both "1st choice " full backs ") They then become the No1choice & shouldnt lose their place because a speedy winger hangs them out to dry during a game .

wow... far too intelligent and well articulated for a forum Sir... ... can you defend Gowser please? thumbup2.gif

Mair and McGregor hopefully.

If either one of the above, or god forbid Goodwin put in a performance like McAusland did on Saturday, this place would be crying for the player to be dropped!

But hey ho Cheesy is one of our own, folk on the forum know him etc so I doubt the reaction will be the same.

The idea that "Cheesy" is some poor wee soul that everyone has it in for on here is pretty ridiculous. He's never been subjected to the kind of sustained abuse guys like McLean, Teale, Goodwin, Imrie, Harkins or even Lennon have in recent times.

When McAusland makes mistakes and we have Mair sitting on the bench people are going to comment on that. His pals and fanboys are just going to have to deal with it.

He had a howler but he's probably our best centre half, his boo boys need to deal that.

I'm sure they will if he manages to keep up any kind of form for any length of time. After all, many of them had to deal with how stupid McLean and Teale have made them look, and they got it far worse, for far less than McAusland ever did.

The idea that "Cheesy" is some poor wee soul that everyone has it in for on here is pretty ridiculous. He's never been subjected to the kind of sustained abuse guys like McLean, Teale, Goodwin, Imrie, Harkins or even Lennon have in recent times.

When McAusland makes mistakes and we have Mair sitting on the bench people are going to comment on that. His pals and fanboys are just going to have to deal with it.

Spot on.

Deary me, you can't honestly believe McAusland is our best centre half!

Think you might need a bigger straw mate

McAusland is our best centre half. The manager clearly thinks so too. Little wonder, he is the defensive leader for the team that kept so many clean sheets since October. The question is who should partner him. In my opinion I'd go for:

1)Mair

2) McGregor

3) Goodwin.

McAusland is our best centre half. The manager clearly thinks so too. Little wonder, he is the defensive leader for the team that kept so many clean sheets since October. The question is who should partner him. In my opinion I'd go for:

1)Mair

2) McGregor

3) Goodwin.

McAusland and Mair is a disaster which I have seen too often.

McGregor is the best centre half, so it should always be him plus 1.

After last week, Mair deserves a chance.

McAusland and Mair is a disaster which I have seen too often.

McGregor is the best centre half, so it should always be him plus 1.

After last week, Mair deserves a chance.

McGregor offers more going forward but I believe Cheesy and Mair to be superior defenders. For some reason McAuslands mistakes seem to be highlighted on here far more than McGregors.

Dundee Uniteds first goal at Tannadice was clearly Darren's fault for example, yet it was barely mentioned. He had an absolute nightmare that day yet there was few calls for him to be dropped on the back of it and few criticisms of him.

Cheesy has one bad game and he's chastised massively and been called out to be dropped, despite his impressive form being a big part of us keeping 3 clean sheets from our last 5 games.

McGregor offers more going forward but I believe Cheesy and Mair to be superior defenders. For some reason McAuslands mistakes seem to be highlighted on here far more than McGregors.

Dundee Uniteds first goal at Tannadice was clearly Darren's fault for example, yet it was barely mentioned. He had an absolute nightmare that day yet there was few calls for him to be dropped on the back of it and few criticisms of him.

Cheesy has one bad game and he's chastised massively and been called out to be dropped, despite his impressive form being a big part of us keeping 3 clean sheets from our last 5 games.

Agreed.

For some people, McAusland will never cut it. He had a stinker at the weekend (based on the highlights), but, on balance, this was more an abberation than indicative of the player. Others will get away with a hell of a lot more.

I said earlier in this thread that Harkins should start wide left today. McGinn was terrible last week and I believe he should have been dropped.

Goodwin was certainly poor today.

When Teale returns i'd like to see him go back out right and Newton to move inside to take Jims position and give Goddahawk the captaincy.

Goody still has a lot to offer the football club, but a dropping to shake him up a bit would do him good.

Surely this isn't the same guy who is criticising folk for wanting cheesy dropped

after his bad game at aberdeen,,,, lol.gif hyprocrite or what....

personally i think cheesy should keep his place, alongside first pick mcgregor

This thread is called "centre half pairing" obviously there will be a range of opinions. Just because some posters would prefer to see Mair and McGregor isn't a bad thing.

Cheesy's mistakes aren't highlighted more than any other players, other players take dogs abuse on threads all year. I'm sure there is a Kenny McLean one from about January this year, writing him off as a player and questioning his attitude. Goodwin, Lennon and Teale are other examples where threads have gone above and beyond what is ever said about McAusland.

But unlike the other players, any criticism of Cheesy or his performances are met with outrage from numerous posters on here. Many of whom slate other players and the manager on this site, yet for some reason posts "cheesy was poor today", or " I'd play Mair and Mcgregor on Saturday" crosses a line.

Defending McAusland at all costs, turns a simple post or thread into a saga and is what I think annoys a few folk.

This thread is called "centre half pairing" obviously there will be a range of opinions. Just because some posters would prefer to see Mair and McGregor isn't a bad thing.

Cheesy's mistakes aren't highlighted more than any other players, other players take dogs abuse on threads all year. I'm sure there is a Kenny McLean one from about January this year, writing him off as a player and questioning his attitude. Goodwin, Lennon and Teale are other examples where threads have gone above and beyond what is ever said about McAusland.

But unlike the other players, any criticism of Cheesy or his performances are met with outrage from numerous posters on here. Many of whom slate other players and the manager on this site, yet for some reason posts "cheesy was poor today", or " I'd play Mair and Mcgregor on Saturday" crosses a line.

Defending McAusland at all costs, turns a simple post or thread into a saga and is what I think annoys a few folk.

whoever gets the nod, we should get right behind them. For me mairso was outstanding in the games earlier and deserves a chance.