Gowser Assaults Tony Fitzpatrick

Wilbur

If this was a player from another team, would you all be defending him? Would you f**k.

As a serving police officer who has to put with all manner of shite from neddy wee f**ks like him, he deserves a stint in the pokey.

I will never support him in a black and white shirt again. He is a disgrace.

I suspect that you have never supported him, or anyone else in a black and white shirt before either.

This passage from the BBC report is interesting:

He had not guilty pleas accepted to kicking Special Constable Martine McNee on the body and acting in a threatening and abusing manner likely to cause fear and alarm.

So someone must have accused him of kicking a female officer and behaving in a threatening and abusive manner, yet they couldn't pin this on him. That's a curious one.

Moreover, if he wasn't acting in a threatening and abusing manner when kicking out at the other officers, you have to wonder how much intent he had to genuinely cause harm. Did he think he was defending himself? I don't know, but it does introduce an interesting slant, no?

absolutely m'lud

He has already plead guilty so what story would one need to know?

This is shameful behaviour, shameful indeed, The article I read states that our star midfielder has a previous conviction for Police assault. Could a custodial sentence be in the offing?

Not a chance Tom, a community payback order and a fine at worst.

If this was a player from another team, would you all be defending him? Would you f**k.

As a serving police officer who has to put with all manner of shite from neddy wee f**ks like him, he deserves a stint in the pokey.

Cool story.

As an NFL fan, I was shocked this season when Aaron Hernandez, a star receiver with the New England Patriots was arrested on suspicion of shooting another man dead, for which he is currently banged-up awaiting trial, and seems guilty as sin.

No way should McGowan be thrown out of St Mirren for this incident, but equally, no way should he be afforded any special treatment and 'get off lightly' because he is, albeit a minor one, some sort of 'celebrity'. Celebrities sometimes seem to get away with things a plumber, joiner, or fat pipe fitter wouldn't get away with if it was them kicking a policeman.

I think the St Mirren BoD should sit down with McGowan and tell him he's now firmly on a 'three strikes and you're out' warning. One more incident of this nature and his arse will be booted so far down Greenhill Road that it won't make contact with tarmac again until somewhere near the Renfrew swing bridge. As a club, I don't see why we should necessarily give him a cuddle and tell him we'll arrange anger management classes or anything remotely like that - fcuk that, he's what, 26 years old? Hardly a daft young boy, more like a daft grown up man. Kick his arse, tell him he's damn lucky to still have a job and give him a final warning. If he fcuks up again - get rid, no questions asked.

Oh crumbs !

Guest TPAFKATS

Initial thoughts were that he would get a custodial sentence due to 2 separate convictions for police assault. However, when you look at it, its not serious assault and you do tend to need to do a lot more to get a prison spell these days - I'm sure that Biscuits1972 could confirm (all those wee neds annoying him and colleagues and not in jail).

So... good chance he wont go to the big hoose. If so, that's fine by me so long as he is treated fairly. David Goodwillie on the other hand...

Initial thoughts were that he would get a custodial sentence due to 2 separate convictions for police assault. However, when you look at it, its not serious assault and you do tend to need to do a lot more to get a prison spell these days - I'm sure that Biscuits1972 could confirm (all those wee neds annoying him and colleagues and not in jail).

So... good chance he wont go to the big hoose. If so, that's fine by me so long as he is treated fairly. David Goodwillie on the other hand...

Zurich Allan... your time has come. Again. thumbup2.gif

Don't really care

Evidently you do, if you have made a profile specifically to come onto a message board and comment on it.

And RE: your earlier comment that he deserves a stint inside because of all the other neds like him - As a serving police officer, it isn't your job to judge him. That's a judge's job. It's your job to apprehend him. And for that reason, what you think he deserves is irrelevant.

He's made a mistake, a potentially disastrous one in terms of his career. By pleading guilty, he's accepted this. So should you.

If this was a player from another team, would you all be defending him? Would you f**k.As a serving police officer who has to put with all manner of shite from neddy wee f**ks like him, he deserves a stint in the pokey.I will never support him in a black and white shirt again. He is a disgrace.

If this is an example of the attitude of a serving Police officer, then God help us all.

he has plead guilty on advice from council which can mean a few things,one being .......

nae point in trying to defend it wee man its 3 officers statements against one

take your punishment Paul and move on

there is no custodial charge in this one

lessons to be learned

I hope that he didn't take any advice from Paisley council.

Good post. As someone who has previously worked with the police and who has several friends and family currently serving I agree with everything you've said. He deserves everything that's coming to him.

Also, assuming the assault took place in the custody suite of the police office - I can see reason why he'd be anywhere else in the building - the whole sorry episode would have been recorded on CCTV complete with audio.

Perhaps this fact has more to do with Mr McGowan's guilty plea than him being stitched up by police officers which I can see is ( quite outrageously and perhaps criminally IMO ) being implied here.

As a citizen I'd like to see him locked up, as a St Mirren fan it's terrible news. But there's far more important things than football, and seeing justice served is one of them.

The police can easily provoke people. Police brutality in this country is common. Look at the protests in London, for example. McGowan may have been daft, he may have had a few drinks too many, but he may also have been provoked.

We don't know, but those of us who know him know he is not a bad lad.

Those calling for jail sentences and bans should be ashamed of yourselves.