Gowser Assaults Tony Fitzpatrick

Wilbur

well, I have my black and white glasses on and I hope he esacpes any jail time, I hope we stand by him and I hope he signs a 3 year contract with St Mirren.

And I also hope he learns his lesson and emerges from it all as a better person, has no more run ins with the polis, or emdy, and becomes a pillar of the community. An example to young neds of how to improve their lives.

We don't have many of the details about the incident and we are not going to get them via a court case or any quotes from McGowan or his legal team or from a club statement yet... could add some spice at the AGM tonight though.

McGowan is now one of our more senior players age-wise compared to McGinn, Kelly, Naismith, McLean etc. I don't think it says much about his professionalism and one of our highest earning players (£4k a week supposedly according to the BAWA wage experts) that once the season is underway he is out on the town in the wee small hours attracting police attention and then kicking police officers when they try and arrest him and continues kicking them at the police station later... and when he has previous for the same offence. The point where he should have screwed the nut was when the police challenged him and thought about his own reputation and the club's. We've built a team around him and I think that on the park he has struggled this season and with this incident he has let us down off the park. It's hard to tell whether this incident typifies his attitude towards his profession (plenty of people did question his attitude and discipline on the park during his loan spell and when he was signed) or was a bad and uncharacteristic lapse.

If press reports are to be believed it does seem likely that it will be a non-custodial sentence that is the more likely option when the case continues next month.

I'd like to think that as a community club whose community team try and help people in the community with similar issues that we would stand by McGowan and help point him down a better path rather than throw him out the door, but I do think we should also be firm with him and reminding him of his status at the club as a senior and high paid player and with the team arguably built around him that this also brings a lot of responsibility on him as well and he has to work his socks off and became an example to the younger players as well as to fans in general.

We don't have many of the details about the incident and we are not going to get them via a court case or any quotes from McGowan or his legal team or from a club statement yet... could add some spice at the AGM tonight though.

McGowan is now one of our more senior players age-wise compared to McGinn, Kelly, Naismith, McLean etc. I don't think it says much about his professionalism and one of our highest earning players (£4k a week supposedly according to the BAWA wage experts) that once the season is underway he is out on the town in the wee small hours attracting police attention and then kicking police officers when they try and arrest him and continues kicking them at the police station later... and when he has previous for the same offence. The point where he should have screwed the nut was when the police challenged him and thought about his own reputation and the club's. We've built a team around him and I think that on the park he has struggled this season and with this incident he has let us down off the park. It's hard to tell whether this incident typifies his attitude towards his profession (plenty of people did question his attitude and discipline on the park during his loan spell and when he was signed) or was a bad and uncharacteristic lapse.

If press reports are to be believed it does seem likely that it will be a non-custodial sentence that is the more likely option when the case continues next month.

I'd like to think that as a community club whose community team try and help people in the community with similar issues that we would stand by McGowan and help point him down a better path rather than throw him out the door, but I do think we should also be firm with him and reminding him of his status at the club as a senior and high paid player and with the team arguably built around him that this also brings a lot of responsibility on him as well and he has to work his socks off and became an example to the younger players as well as to fans in general.

Had shull's wee pal Nedbhoy Lennon been charged and found guilty as per Gowser. Would we have:-

A. Shouted F*ck*m and hope he gets the book thrown at him.

B. Blamed the police for stitching wee Nedbhoy up.

I think the wee man is in deep sh*t, I hope that he finds a way to wriggle out of it. However the way it is reported in the papers it doesn't look good. As they say every cloud has a silver lining and this could allow us to keep him after his contract expires. However there is a risk that he does something else stupid.

I have to ask, how long did riodan serve for his violence in edinburgh night clubs and that other numpty hibs had for possesion off cocaine on many occassions ?. The boy kicked out at 2 cops who cares, it's not realy a big drama that some people are making it out to be but for the life of me I don't understand why 1 off the coppers got kicked in the middle off his body.

Can't quite believe how quick everyone is to demand he is sacked, demanding to finish his career and generally string him up!

By all means question his actions, question the fact that he has previous and the fact that he has let himself and the club down but what the hell is going on with everyone being so offended by absolutely anything and everything these days. It's like people are just waiting on the next news story to come along so they can get all worked up and cry 'outrage'.

Without us knowing the full details - it appears that the boy has acted like a tit. Let him take his punishment (whatever that may be) and move on. Talk of chucking him on a scrap heap is hardly the way the rehabilitate him by taking him away from his distinct talent in his life, denying his opportunity to work to his full potential, contribute taxes back into the economy and public services and hopefully sort himself out for the sake of himself and his family.

Can't quite believe how quick everyone is to demand he is sacked, demanding to finish his career and generally string him up!

By all means question his actions, question the fact that he has previous and the fact that he has let himself and the club down but what the hell is going on with everyone being so offended by absolutely anything and everything these days. It's like people are just waiting on the next news story to come along so they can get all worked up and cry 'outrage'.

Without us knowing the full details - it appears that the boy has acted like a tit. Let him take his punishment (whatever that may be) and move on. Talk of chucking him on a scrap heap is hardly the way the rehabilitate him by taking him away from his distinct talent in his life, denying his opportunity to work to his full potential, contribute taxes back into the economy and public services and hopefully sort himself out for the sake of himself and his family.

Reported, sensible post.

I'm going to juggle the words around and use as mine, no one will ever know. ;)

Guest somner9

Can't quite believe how quick everyone is to demand he is sacked, demanding to finish his career and generally string him up! 

Without us knowing the full details - it appears that the boy has acted like a tit. Let him take his punishment (whatever that may be) and move on. Talk of chucking him on a scrap heap is hardly the way the rehabilitate him by taking him away from his distinct talent in his life, denying his opportunity to work to his full potential, contribute taxes back into the economy and public services and hopefully sort himself out for the sake of himself and his family.

Grrrrr that post is feckin outrageous....

But maybe we should look to rehabilitate him? what about letting him attend the football match of his choice with regular fans on his day off..? That,s bound to keep him out of t...... Doh!

McGowan is 26. A so called "senior player".

Fxsakes, at 26 I done daft things every weekend, not all involving the police but not things I would do now.

The sanctimonious forum members really must have had a very sheltered/dull period while growing up.

Most sensible posts acknowledge he's been stupid, he'll take his punishment and move on.

I'm not saying anything goes but he's been at the heart of most of our good performances over the last few seasons.

Payback time from "supporters", support him and he might just take us Hampden again.

If he doesn't, jail the Cnut.

Let's hope that alcohol was a major factor in his behaviour. If not, the charge could be more serious.

Alcohol should not be a mitigating factor.

It should be an aggravating factor.

I seem to remember some discussion on the law being potentially changed on this matter but I'm stumped if I know whether it actually happened or not.

McGowan is 26. A so called "senior player".Fxsakes, at 26 I done daft things every weekend, not all involving the police but not things I would do now.The sanctimonious forum members really must have had a very sheltered/dull period while growing up.Most sensible posts acknowledge he's been stupid, he'll take his punishment and move on.I'm not saying anything goes but he's been at the heart of most of our good performances over the last few seasons.Payback time from "supporters", support him and he might just take us Hampden again.If he doesn't, jail the Cnut.

You used to fight and kick the police ........................... might have guessed so.

I've read through this and I don't read everyone is demanding he be sacked. In fact the majority hope that he gets through this.