Gowser Assaults Tony Fitzpatrick

Wilbur

Two members of the public were assaulted at their work - no one should be subject to violence in their duties of their work regardless of what job they do. I would love to see the rection of the "polis deserve it" brigade if someone walked into their place of employement and started kicking them. Unacceptable behaviour in any walk of life (although we have seen the likes of Sproule get away with something along these lines in a football match this season). As I said before he has plead guilty so lets see what the authorities decide but no one should be subject to violence just for doing their job no matter how unpalatable that job may seem to some. I can guarantee there will be several police officers amongst our support some probably read these forums.

My thoughts are that in the absence of any other statements regarding the incident, McGowan assaulted two police officers. For that he deserves to take the punishment coming his way, whatever that may be. Hopefully he can continue to play football, and hopefully for us. Hopefully he learns a lesson, which he obviously didn't learn the first time he assaulted a police officer. There's always hope.

Two members of the public were assaulted at their work - no one should be subject to violence in their duties of their work regardless of what job they do. I would love to see the rection of the "polis deserve it" brigade if someone walked into their place of employement and started kicking them. Unacceptable behaviour in any walk of life (although we have seen the likes of Sproule get away with something along these lines in a football match this season). As I said before he has plead guilty so lets see what the authorities decide but no one should be subject to violence just for doing their job no matter how unpalatable that job may seem to some. I can guarantee there will be several police officers amongst our support some probably read these forums.

Hiya PC Tony Fitzpatrick Hiya

But of a mad post that... A bit like saying no Fireman should ever be subjected to Fire.

Polis get paid plenty, most of it danger money

Hiya PC Tony Fitzpatrick Hiya

But of a mad post that... A bit like saying no Fireman should ever be subjected to Fire.

Polis get paid plenty, most of it danger money

Total nonsense they get no such thing as danger money. They get a wage like you or I do. No one goes to their work expecting to be assaulted regardelss of their occupation.

Total nonsense they get no such thing as danger money. They get a wage like you or I do. No one goes to their work expecting to be assaulted regardelss of their occupation.

Pfft... knew you'd jump in there....of course they don't get paid a danger money allowance, but they get paid very well because they will face the danger of assault probably on a daily basis. They do not receive high wages for their IQ mate.

Guest somner9

Any under 17 year old employee of electronics retailers roon where Dicko lives (he'd huv us believe)

Guest TPAFKATS

My thoughts are that in the absence of any other statements regarding the incident, McGowan assaulted two police officers. For that he deserves to take the punishment coming his way, whatever that may be. Hopefully he can continue to play football, and hopefully for us. Hopefully he learns a lesson, which he obviously didn't learn the first time he assaulted a police officer. There's always hope.

There's certainly plenty in your post Soctty!

I actually think folk are looking too deeply into this. McGowan on a night oot. McGowan gets p!ssed. Police stop him and ask him whatever. McGowan gets cheeky. Police think, "Let's teach this little w@nk a lesson." McGowan retaliates. Police then, quite honestly, say he assaulted them. Two wrongs make them right. That's the way of the world nowadays. Somebody needs to be believed and Gowser didn't have proof.

The lesson to be learned is Paul needs a minicam and a better attitude. Hope the polis and the judge think the fear of incarceration is enough and a suspended sentence is doled out.

I don't think what McGowan did was ok in fact I think it was disgusting! I would not want him sacked over it. It is up to the courts to decide his fate not me or anyone on this forum?

My biggest 2 issues about the situation is. If he does go to jail the club still have to pay his wages! And the fact he only signed for a year means we could miss months of wages and at the end of the day get nothing?

I actually think folk are looking too deeply into this. McGowan on a night oot. McGowan gets p!ssed. Police stop him and ask him whatever. McGowan gets cheeky. Police think, "Let's teach this little w@nk a lesson." McGowan retaliates. Police then, quite honestly, say he assaulted them. Two wrongs make them right. That's the way of the world nowadays. Somebody needs to be believed and Gowser didn't have proof.

The lesson to be learned is Paul needs a minicam and a better attitude. Hope the polis and the judge think the fear of incarceration is enough and a suspended sentence is doled out.

Er, so far from the facts as reported. The police were called to a serious disturbance by a member of the public. Gowser was apprehended and taken to the Airdrie Police Station where he assaulted the police officers. The reason he pled guilty is that all police stations have a network of cctv cameras in all areas for exactly this reason. He couldn't say they made it all up 'cos they had the video evidence. Oh, and I believe the reason the the charges specifically referred to assault by kicking the officers was he couldn't punch them 'cos he was handcuffed. Daft boy and no excuses!!!

I don't think what McGowan did was ok in fact I think it was disgusting! I would not want him sacked over it. It is up to the courts to decide his fate not me or anyone on this forum?

My biggest 2 issues about the situation is. If he does go to jail the club still have to pay his wages! And the fact he only signed for a year means we could miss months of wages and at the end of the day get nothing?

No one here is going to "decide his fate". I've noticed quite a few folk coming out with that line. As citizens we are allowed an opinion though.

If, and that's a big if, he goes to jail, I think his contract would be terminated.