Gowser Assaults Tony Fitzpatrick

Wilbur

Because Paul now has a criminal record for assault it may hard for him to get an enhanced disclosure scotland certificate to work with children. It is mandatory now to have this.

Remember Gowser already had a criminal record before this, including the same charge of police assault. Nothing has changed in this respect except an additional entry on his record.

He can do community work on Sundays and midweek. Saints don't train in the afternoon as far as I'm aware

No surprise to read the report on the incident HSS posted.

He slipped, was arrested, placed on his front kicked the officer in the thigh groin area several times.

The officer must have been sitting in top of him for this to happen, he's obviously just put up a struggle

Heard of loads of these police assault incidents. It seems to be thrown in with most arrests to dress it up, usually the first charge to get dropped as well.

Time to move on and get behind Gowser.

Without knowing the detail, the exact chain of events, or the minutae of either case, what seems to be fact is that the Paul McGowan case sees 130 hours community service, while the taxi driver case sees 200 hours community service.

Again, I wasn't in Airdrie to witness Paul McGowan or the policemen's actions, and I wasn't in the passenger seat of that Perth taxi, but something does not compute with me in regard to these sentences.

If McGowan had been guilty of the Perth offence and was given community service, would any of us want him anywhere near a St Mirren shirt ever again?

Perhaps Paul could spend some of his community service time making and hanging the missing HoF boards your strap line highlights!!

Edited by Danny

I know that in future Paul will watch what he is doing. I have a question, if Gowser is sent off in a game for a dangerous tackle (elbow, over the ball), does this contravene his supervision order?

think it would have to be something that looked like an assault for example the head but big Duncy Fergusan got jailed for, I think anything that happens as part of the game should be ok, however I am not judge jury or executioner so this is simply my opinion.

think it would have to be something that looked like an assault for example the head but big Duncy Fergusan got jailed for, I think anything that happens as part of the game should be ok, however I am not judge jury or executioner so this is simply my opinion.

I guess with this in mind will opposition players target him to try to get him 'react'? Hopefully no more than they usually target him.