Gowser Assaults Tony Fitzpatrick

Wilbur

Why do they carry pepper sprays and, sometimes stun guns?

Of course they require protection but they do not EXPECT to be assaulted nor are they paid enough to expect it. Should train drivers take a kicking at work as they earn considerably more than your average police officer. What you earn has no bearing on how likely you are to be assaulted in the course of your duties. Going by your code firemen can take all the ned brickings they get as they are paid sufficiently to merit it. Oh and by the way the guilty party here just happened to earn at least 5 times more than those he assaulted.

Er, so far from the facts as reported. The police were called to a serious disturbance by a member of the public. Gowser was apprehended and taken to the Airdrie Police Station where he assaulted the police officers. The reason he pled guilty is that all police stations have a network of cctv cameras in all areas for exactly this reason. He couldn't say they made it all up 'cos they had the video evidence. Oh, and I believe the reason the the charges specifically referred to assault by kicking the officers was he couldn't punch them 'cos he was handcuffed. Daft boy and no excuses!!!

That doesn't explain why he was charged with two further offences to which he pleaded not guilty, and this plea was accepted.

Surely if it was all caught on camera, it would have been a relatively straightforward case of drawing up the charges, presenting the irrefutable evidence, and case closed m'Lud?

Of course they require protection but they do not EXPECT to be assaulted nor are they paid enough to expect it. Should train drivers take a kicking at work as they earn considerably more than your average police officer. What you earn has no bearing on how likely you are to be assaulted in the course of your duties. Going by your code firemen can take all the ned brickings they get as they are paid sufficiently to merit it. Oh and by the way the guilty party here just happened to earn at least 5 times more than those he assaulted.

I never brought earnings into it. The fact they carry this type of ammo means they expect trouble at some point in time, similar to soldiers who carry guns wherever they are expect trouble at some point , similarly with the police. We should go back to the days when the public RESPECTED the police at a time when they didn't carry anything, bar a truncheon

I never brought earnings into it. The fact they carry this type of ammo means they expect trouble at some point in time, similar to soldiers who carry guns wherever they are expect trouble at some point , similarly with the police. We should go back to the days when the public RESPECTED the police at a time when they didn't carry anything, bar a truncheon

Indeed we should but we all know it aint ever going to happen. In this case though at least, we should be thankful the perpetrator was spared the baton !

Don't know exactly how these things work, but suspended sentence plus big fine would seem appropriate. He's the father of a young child, believe he stayed up here for the sake of schooling. Any further indiscretions and he should be sent down though. Also he never seems to kick a football that hard. Shooting from outside the box must be the biggest weakness in his game. Tony Fitz needs to man up.

no point in people saying he deserves what he gets or has been a victim of police fabrication, also no proof of whether it was caught on cctv or not, nobody on here knows any hard facts of the case at all. He may have caused the trouble or on the other hand the police may have caused the trouble, only he and the police officers present know the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, the forum does sadly seem to be about sensationalism when subjects like this come up - sad case in my view

Indeed we should but we all know it aint ever going to happen. In this case though at least, we should be thankful the perpetrator was spared the baton !

Don't know exactly how these things work, but suspended sentence plus big fine would seem appropriate. He's the father of a young child, believe he stayed up here for the sake of schooling. Any further indiscretions and he should be sent down though. Also he never seems to kick a football that hard. Shooting from outside the box must be the biggest weakness in his game. Tony Fitz needs to man up.

As far as I was told from someone who knows the aforementioned Mr. F We indeed should be thankful he was spared and T is not the kind to "man up" unless by way of a partner.whistling.gif

Edited to add

ALLEGEDLY!

Edited by stlucifer

Why are people talking about polis wages for ?. They get paid too do a job, paid a good wage infact but this is not the point, the point is OUR OWN PLAYER assaulted 2 coppers and admited it. So I beleive that we all as saints fans and proud supporters stand by OUR player thick and thin on the park and leave his personal life to him and his family.

• 3 weeks later...

No one here is going to "decide his fate". I've noticed quite a few folk coming out with that line. As citizens we are allowed an opinion though.

If, and that's a big if, he goes to jail, I think his contract would be terminated.

That's your view which I completely disagree with. We have to learn by our ways that does not incloud a kick in the teeth. Support from the club to right the boys ways is the proper direction and thankfully that's what the club is doing sticking by him. I'm sure there is more to come out of this story from Pauls side when everything settles down after sentence.

That's your view which I completely disagree with. We have to learn by our ways that does not incloud a kick in the teeth. Support from the club to right the boys ways is the proper direction and thankfully that's what the club is doing sticking by him. I'm sure there is more to come out of this story from Pauls side when everything settles down after sentence.

Much as I hope it's not the case, if Paul is "banged up", the club would have every right to terminate his contract. If the choose not to do so they would be paying what must be a heavy salary for a guy who may not be availlable for the rest of his contract.

Wouldn't make sense.

I spoke to a mate who is "in the profession" the other day on this.

He reckons the alledged assault on the WPC being dropped (there were two charges and he only got done for one of them) would go in his favour and that even though it was a second offence he is more likely to get a community service order and a fine rather than doing time.

That's only his opinion of course. Up to the court.

Personally I can't condone his behaviour at all, but I'd reckon he would be better served doing some work in the community given his profile rather than spending a few weeks doing time.

Either way, hope he has learned his lesson and buckles down when this is over and gets back to what he is good at.

This is like transfer deadline day, waiting for news.

Gie's a verdict.

Personally, I'll be disgusted if he isn't hung, drawn, quartered, and his entrails nailed above the Town Hall entrance.

Edited by Drew

This is like transfer deadline day, waiting for news.

Gie's a verdict.

where does one hear about a verdict?

Are we just waiting to hear from some lazy BBC journo to stumble across a story on here and then write about it on the BBC website? If so for the benefit of the BBC journo he's guilty, as you know, and the punishment is to provide the good people of Paisley with football entertainment for the next 6 years!! Put it on your website and make it true!!

where does one hear about a verdict?

Are we just waiting to hear from some lazy BBC journo to stumble across a story on here and then write about it on the BBC website? If so for the benefit of the BBC journo he's guilty, as you know, and the punishment is to provide the good people of Paisley with football entertainment for the next 6 years!! Put it on your website and make it true!!

There are journos on twitter saying that they have been in Airdrie Sheriff Court for 3 hours , I guess we'll find out soon enough !