26 Years Of Hurt Is Over

shull

There any chance you could embed these videos in the post mate? I'm over in Hong Kong and it doesn't allow me to view them on the site as I'm not in Britain.

Good grief Shull.

Yes, it was great but surely time to move on now mate..........

Move on to what, where, when ???

Could be another 26 years.

It's still 2013 and i'm enjoying it to the full, now and forevermore. clap.gif

There any chance you could embed these videos in the post mate? I'm over in Hong Kong and it doesn't allow me to view them on the site as I'm not in Britain.

Dunno how to Bud.

Maybe Div will do it or somebody with more technological know how.

Sorry.

A monumental day indeed that shouldn't be forgotten but equally emotional for a lot of us , is also the Semi-final , not just because it was the first time Danny's team had beat them , but because we led from the 8th minute , never went behind and our support that day of around 4500 Buddies , was phenomenal. .

Perhaps this could be merged with a Review of the Year thread over the next week or so.

I neve get tired of watching all the various video footage, highlights, interviews, and the DVD. usually when a bit pished, and I have a good old greet to myself.

An annual review thread would allow for unfettered glorifying and emotional outpouring. Granted, we don't need an excuse, nor a second invitation, but it would frame things nicely.

In fact, I'm away to start that very thread!

Good grief Shull.

Yes, it was great but surely time to move on now mate..........

It's a mere 9 months after winning only the fourth major trophy in the clubs 130+ year history which was a quarter of a century after the last one, in between which the club have been relegated twice, were nearly relegated further, almost went out of business and ended up having to move from our beloved old ground to new premises and you're saying it's time to move on? Seriously, move on?!?!

A monumental day indeed that shouldn't be forgotten but equally emotional for a lot of us , is also the Semi-final , not just because it was the first time Danny's team had beat them , but because we led from the 8th minute , never went behind and our support that day of around 4500 Buddies , was phenomenal. .

Dunno what I did with my ticket from the semi as that was a very proud day indeed.

I took the day off work the next day thinking, "Well, ye never know". Cracking night out in Paisley afterwards. I remember having a good chat with Mr Zo's pal Graeme Macpherson of the Herald having a good laugh about times gone by and previous tankings.

It was days like January the 27th that make 7-0 defeats bearable. thumbup2.gif

Dunno what I did with my ticket from the semi as that was a very proud day indeed.

I took the day off work the next day thinking, "Well, ye never know". Cracking night out in Paisley afterwards. I remember having a good chat with Mr Zo's pal Graeme Macpherson of the Herald having a good laugh about times gone by and previous tankings.

It was days like January the 27th that make 7-0 defeats bearable. thumbup2.gif

I think any Buddie that was there , will never forget that day , never. Our phenomenal support that day will always be remembered . We had a much larger support at the final but those of us at Semi -final , we never went quiet we sang and cheered for the full game we drowned out the "best fans in the world" , which was something I was only aware of when l watched it on the telly . I lost my voice twice and will remember wee SPS singing at the top of the stairs on the way out " Where's yur treble gone. ."

Ah yes I agree with the initial sentiments of Mr Hughes in his blue suede shoes as stated above, agree indeed.

I am going to repeat some of the very good points that Mr Hughes made but I shall do it in a slightly differing format as I feel it is of the upmost importance that our fan base, particularly the teenagers amongst our number appreciate what we have been through since the last great national cup win of the year of 1987.

*Finished bottom of the Premier league but saved from relegation due to league reconstruction

*Again finish bottom and we are heartbreakingly relegated.

*We immediately hit a financial brick wall and many of our star players were immediately released to save our club from extinction

*Despite having some fine players such as Norrie McWhirter and Paul Lambert (and Robert Dawson) we travel to Raith Rovers and spend the first fifteen minutes singing "we're going to win the league" but are 4-0 down at half time (I think) and 7-0 at the final whistle.

*Fail miserably to gain instant promotion to the Premier league

*We exist firmly as a first division team and our financial crisis is fast becoming a life threating condition to our beloved club.

*The boardroom is in turmoil and a certain Reg Brealey comes dangerously close to taking control of our club (the same man who ruined Darlington fc and had a warrant out for his arrest in India for maintaining a factory in such poor condition).

*Mr Stewart Gilmour takes control of the club, the full extent of the financial mess is revealed and we are facing an almost impossible task in saving our club.

*The financial mess threatens closure of our club at any moment, Smisa is set up who initially pay for things such as clean towels for our players and a painter to paint the old lady that was Love Street, yes it really was that bad.

*The prospect of part time football is becoming a real possibility as our beloved team now consistently fail to sign players due to clubs such as Ayr Utd often offering higher wages.

*We tumble down the table and this culminates in a game at Stirling Albion where anything but a far from certain win will see us slide to the second division and certain part time football, we win 1-0 and cling onto first division status by the skin of our teeth.

*At this point our chairman is talking openly about having to sell Love Street in order to save the club, if this doesn't happen it is all over.

*Managerial changes abound we start the millennium season as second favourites for relegation, amazingly we win, win again and keep winning, in a season none of us thought possible and against all odds we actually win the first division and back to the SPL, what a night that was.

*The euphoria fails to last as we blow a healthy lead over Dundee Utd and its back to the first division with us (some say as mant as 14 points).

*This time we fair better in the first division, finishing in the top half each season until we yet again return to the top table of Scottish football and as a bonus we win the challenge cup along the way, what nights they were.

*The Labour run Renfrewshire council do the upmost to scupper a perfectly good deal to save our club, our future is not secure after all.

*Fan power and the political will of the Paisley public come to the fore as a vote is held at the Paisley district court on the deal to save our club, realising the weight of support is against them Renfrewshire council are forced into a U-turn and the deal to sell Love street is on, we might survive, in fact it looks like we will.

*Our first season in the SPL is hard and only a miracle comeback against Motherwell see's us maintain our status, what a night that was.

*Then onto the Falkirk years where we twice have to get results against Falkirk away to stay up, we do it, what nights they were.

*A heart breaking but exciting moment arrives where we leave Love Street for the last time, I cried, and then moved into our new home, I cried.

We reach the league cup final, a fairy tale is on, we play great, the evil Govan wrongdoers go down to 9 men, we cant lose but yet we do, hard to take.

*In 2013 we are where we are, shiny new home, decent squad, a league cup run looks to end against a very strong Celtic side but we prosper, onto the final and the fairy tale is complete as our beloved team bring the Scottish league cup home to Paisley for the first time ever.

What a long way we fell after 1987 and what a long we have risen. None of us know what the next quarter of a century hold for our club as the last one will illustrate. Celebrate and enjoy this as long as we can.

Edited by TediousTom

Ah yes I agree with the initial sentiments of Mr Hughes in his blue suede shoes as stated above, agree indeed.

I am going to repeat some of the very good points that Mr Hughes made but I shall do it in a slightly differing format as I feel it is of the upmost importance that our fan base, particularly the teenagers amongst our number appreciate what we have been through since the last great national cup win of the year of 1987.

*Finished bottom of the Premier league but saved from relegation due to league reconstruction

*We immediately hit a financial brick wall and many of our star players were immediately released to save our club from extinction

*Despite having some fine players such as Norrie McWhirter and Paul Lambert (and Robert Dawson) we travel to Raith Rovers and spend the first fifteen minutes singing "we're going to win the league" but are 4-0 down at half time (I think) and 7-0 at the final whistle.

*We quickly become a mid-table first division team and our financial crisis is fast becoming a life threating condition to our beloved club.

*The boardroom is in turmoil and a certain Reg Brealey comes dangerously close to taking control of our club (the same man who ruined Darlington fc and had a warrant out for his arrest in India for maintaining a factory in such poor condition).

*Mr Stuart Gilmour takes control of the club, the full extent of the financial mess is revealed and we are facing an almost impossible task in saving our club.

*The financial mess threatens closure of our club at any moment, Smisa is set up who initially pay for things such as clean towels for our players and a painter to paint the old lady that was Love Street, yes it really was that bad.

*The prospect of part time football is becoming a real possibility as our beloved team now consistently fail to sign players due to clubs such as Ayr Utd often offering higher wages.

*We tumble down the table and this culminates in a game at Stirling Albion where anything but a far from certain win will see us slide to the second division and certain part time football, we win 1-0 and cling onto first division status by the skin of our teeth.

*At this point our chairman is talking openly about having to sell Love Street in order to save the club, if this doesn't happen it is all over.

*Managerial changes abound we start the millennium season as second favourites for relegation, amazingly we win, win again and keep winning, in a season none of us thought possible and against all odds we actually win the first division and back to the SPL, what a night that was.

*The euphoria fails to last as we blow a 14 point lead over Dundee Utd and its back to the first division with us.

*This time we fair better in the first division, finishing in the top half each season until we yet again return to the top table of Scottish football and as a bonus we win the challenge cup along the way, what nights they were.

*Our first season in the SPL is hard and only a miracle comeback against Motherwell see's us maintain our status, what a night that was.

*Then onto the Falkirk years where we twice have to get results against Falkirk away to stay up, we do it, what nights they were.

*The Labour run Renfrewshire council do the upmost to scupper a perfectly good deal to save our club, our future is not secure after all.

*Fan power and the political will of the Paisley public come to the fore as a vote is held at the Paisley district court on the deal to save our club, realising the weight of support is against them Renfrewshire council are forced into a U-turn and the deal to sell Love street is on, we might survive, in fact it looks like we will.

*A heart breaking but exciting moment arrives where we leave Love Street for the last time, I cried, and then moved into our new home, I cried.

We reach the league cup final, a fairy tale is on, we play great, the evil Govan wrongdoers go down to 9 men, we cant lose but yet we do, hard to take.

*In 2013 we are where we are, shiny new home, decent squad, a league cup run looks to end against a very strong Celtic side but we prosper, onto the final and the fairy tale is complete as our beloved team bring the Scottish league cup home to Paisley for the first time ever.

What a long way we fell after 1987 and what a long we have risen. None of us know what the next quarter of a century hold for our club as the last one will illustrate. Celebrate and enjoy this as long as we can.

Excellent stuff, TT, but with one flaw; the name of the Chairman is Stewart Gilmour not Stuart Gilmour. I realise this is very petty but there used to be a couple of guys called Dick Chinnery and A Pedant Writes that used to pull a'body up about such things so it's kinda rubbed off a wee bit. I'd like to think that your good self is well above such nonsense. smile.png

Excellent stuff, TT, but with one flaw; the name of the Chairman is Stewart Gilmour not Stuart Gilmour. I realise this is very petty but there used to be a couple of guys called Dick Chinnery and A Pedant Writes that used to pull a'body up about such things so it's kinda rubbed off a wee bit. I'd like to think that your good self is well above such nonsense. smile.png

Thank you for pointing that out my eagle eyed forum friend, thank you indeed.

After typing out what I did not expect to be just such a long post I did give it the old once over or a proof read if you will and I failed to spot my mis-stewartism. In all honestly I was expecting to be highlighted for a more glaring error such as having the series of events in the wrong order but alas I am content that the content seem to be in order.

*We quickly become a mid-table first division team and our financial crisis is fast becoming a life threating condition to our beloved club.

*Mr Stewartrt Gilmour takes control of the club, the full extent of the financial mess is revealed and we are facing an almost impossible task in saving our club.

*The euphoria fails to last as we blow a 14 point lead over Dundee Utd and its back to the first division with us.

A movie screenplay if ever I read one