St Mirren V Dundee Utd, 26Th Dec 2013

faraway saint

When Goodwin has been out of the team weve been toothless in midfield. Despite his often stupid behaviour,Goodwin does the protection stuff well & lets our creative players play.

I agree when Goodwin is on his game he is an asset to us - just think that games have been passing him by recently and we are being over run in midfield because of it.

We often beat the best Dundee Utd team ever , even in cup-finals , it's you who needs to get a grip if you're happy with the inconsistent pish being served up just now !

Iv'e been a fan for over 35years and you could count in the 1 hand the amount

of years we've been better than inconsistent, but there's been plenty of years

when we've been consistent, "consistently shite", for a team that has one of the

lowest home crowds and budgets, and a board that wont spend a penny more

than comes into the club i think sitting 8th in the league and a national cup in the

trophy cabinet is pretty good going, some might say i lack ambition but i would say

i'm just realistic,,, as for you, feck knows how you ever made it through the 90s.....

Typical comment, I go, I'm better, end of. 1eye.gif

TBH it's attitudes like that which put me off going, sitting among the bile and pish that spews from so called supporters, nah, I'm fine being away up here away from that so called support. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

I rest my case. bangin.gif

The highlighted bits aren't important, only for my amusement. lol.gif

Let's leave this "supporter of the year", I'll let you know my next game, make sure you sit miles away, I don't need the game spoiled. bye1.gif

faraway seems to get very upset when real supporters point out to him that they pay their money and are entitled to criticise. He gets even more upset when its pointed out to him that he's not a real supporter!

:lol:

Again faraway, I'm not a boo boy so wouldn't spoil your game, plus I'm a ST holder have been for years, not like you. Love how you come on and speak about games that you're not at. Coz you read about it or heard from second hand on radio, so I think you should just quiet. Gives a shout when you do attend a game and we will discuss it, sorted again.

Again faraway, I'm not a boo boy so wouldn't spoil your game, plus I'm a ST holder have been for years, not like you. Love how you come on and speak about games that you're not at. Coz you read about it or heard from second hand on radio, so I think you should just quiet. Gives a shout when you do attend a game and we will discuss it, sorted again.

Oh dear, another post that shows you're not all there.

I Love the "I'm a ST holder so I'm better than you" posts, really hilarious. 1eye.gif

Check around and you'll soon see I don't comment on specifics of any games I don't attend. I was at Aberdeen the other week and commented as such.

I do, however, comment on dafty posts, coming from people who are so blinkered and narrow minded I'm surprised they can get out of the house in the morning.

I think we should end this, you're incapable of seeing anything but your narrow view. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

PS Don't get all excited by Isabella, if you paid attention you'd notice nobody listens to him either. lol.gif

you kept answering my post then you halfwit so obvious you are listening. Facts are right I am better coz I go to games, on you don't post on games, you maybe right coz the 25,973 post you have made are total shite, sorted again.

watch. He will put u on ignore soon like me. lol

you kept answering my post then you halfwit so obvious you are listening. Facts are right I am better coz I go to games, on you don't post on games, you maybe right coz the 25,973 post you have made are total shite, sorted again.

Aye lol.giflol.gif

I'm wondering what your first language is because it sure as hell doesn't appear to be English.

You're right about Faraway's posts though. At least I think you are. TBH I'm struggling to follow any of that post.

Kello

Naismith. McGregor. Cheesy. Kelly

Newton. McLean

Reilly Gowser. McGinn

Thommo

Dear Danny,

Of course you don't have to play this formation or these players, it's just my preferred option, I'd still be happy if you played Mair instead of Darren or cheesy and I admit Goodwin adds bite to the midfield but he's having a wee run of poor games.I'd be more than happy to drop Reilly if Teale was fit or you saw something in training that suggests that caprice would be a better option. The only thing I really insist on is that you stop trying to put Harkins and Gowser in the same team. Harkins may still turn out to be a good signing should Gowser be unavailable in January but they can't play together.

Cheers

Mykey

Dear Santa

Three points please, I've been good all year

Cheers

Mykey

COYS.

I'm wondering what your first language is because it sure as hell doesn't appear to be English.

You're right about Faraway's posts though. At least I think you are. TBH I'm struggling to follow any of that post.

Has the Christmas spirit finally caught up with you,Oaky? You were almost civil there. Were you being nice to Faraway?

For this game I hope DL realises that we need to cover the wings (and I don't mean a 747). I have noticed the last few games that teams have a man wide right/left and we lack cover. Newton showed on Saturday that he drifted into centre mid and then had to back track fast to cover the guy on the wing. I am not criticising Newton here, only using it as an example as it happened on both wings. If a FB goes forward, a midfielder should drop back to cover that area. We were left badly exposed with 2 CBs, while the backs had gone forward, with no cover at all, and hence a big part of the defeat

For this game I hope DL realises that we need to cover the wings (and I don't mean a 747). I have noticed the last few games that teams have a man wide right/left and we lack cover. Newton showed on Saturday that he drifted into centre mid and then had to back track fast to cover the guy on the wing. I am not criticising Newton here, only using it as an example as it happened on both wings. If a FB goes forward, a midfielder should drop back to cover that area. We were left badly exposed with 2 CBs, while the backs had gone forward, with no cover at all, and hence a big part of the defeat

I'd agree with this. United play a 4-2-3-1, and their threat is with their four attacking players. I'd match up, play 4-2-3-1, DVZ in right mid, Grainger left mid, with both of them helping out Naismith / Kelly, Newton and McGinn in the holding roles in midfield, and McGowan further forward, in an attacking midfield role. I'd drop Goodwin and Harkins and McLean would miss out for tactical reasons. This would mean each of Utd's best players would have two players to contend with. When we have the ball, we'd need to use the wings to get at them, plenty of crosses into the box as I think United's vulnerabilities are at the back.

I'd agree with this. United play a 4-2-3-1, and their threat is with their four attacking players. I'd match up, play 4-2-3-1, DVZ in right mid, Grainger left mid, with both of them helping out Naismith / Kelly, Newton and McGinn in the holding roles in midfield, and McGowan further forward, in an attacking midfield role. I'd drop Goodwin and Harkins and McLean would miss out for tactical reasons. This would mean each of Utd's best players would have two players to contend with. When we have the ball, we'd need to use the wings to get at them, plenty of crosses into the box as I think United's vulnerabilities are at the back.

4 6 2 ....4 9 1 ....4 15 6...number mean fvuck all when you've played football.....its all about the passion to win

Whatever the result this has the potential to be a cracking game of football and I truly wish I was there to see it. Dundee utd have got some exciting young players but so have we. In the few games I've seen, John McGinn has the potential to go to the very top. His style and attitude remind me of players in years gone by. He is the kind of player I would include even when he is off the boil, he has that bit of magic you might only need once in a game. You might have gathered he is my favourite saint at the moment! Anyway, back to the game. If we win this tomorrow it would be a huge confidence booster for us. I just worry that if utd score the first goal our heads will go down which seems to have happened the last couple of games. Let's take the game to them, score first and we are on our way! COYS!

I can't count the times I've been striding dejectedly up love street, or greenhill road thinking that I can't see where our next win is coming from, only to be confounded and delighted by a sudden and inexplicable form reversal. We are the Paisley Saints and an unlikely win is due. I've not managed a game this season by virtue of the fact that I now live on the other side of the planet, but I live in hope... COYS.. I'm now off for a midnight swim and a cold cold beer, life is soo feckin hard down here.