St Mirren V Dundee Utd, 26Th Dec 2013

faraway saint

Kello,, fantastic, was instrumental in our win.

McGinn, showed why he should be an automatic start every game. Nineteen years old, a great player for us and a good footballing brain. His attitude is spot on, exactly what is lacking in a few others.

In all honesty it could haves been four each, but , frankly we took our chances against what is a better team than us. It was our day, end of.

Thought Madden was a touch eccentric and I certainly was impressed yesterday with DL asserting some management authority.

Cracking christmas present from ST Mirren . Great result.

All I want now is a win against Hearts and a win at Kilmarnock , three wins on the bounce,

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Maybe his constant abuse from sections of the "support" are getting him down?

Who knows. Not sure I'd be "over the moon" putting up with that although he'll have to get over it, some people will never let up, just ask Lennon.

Some players for us just cop for abuse from the outset, Harkins seems to be one of them. Another was. Mehmet, irrespective of what he did , he was abused by some of our support. Part and parcel of the business. I get the sense we have one or two who are not feeling the love at our club just now.

On a more upbeat note I expect our latest Geordie signing will be adored

Harkins wasn't really on long enough to receive any abuse yesterday and tbh he probably gets as much as anyone else does, everyones got a player that pisses them off.

Theres a woman that sits near me that must be newtons auntie or something, shes always shouting encouragement to him, no one else lol. Its getting to the point that people around her are murmuring "stfu"!

Like most I went to the game yesterday thinking if we get a draw itll be a good result, in the end up I was checking to see if there was time for a fifth!

Very hard to pick a MOTM. kello is a fantastic keeper, well struggle to hold onto him. cheesy n McGregor were solid at the back, Naismith and Kelly are an absolute joy to watch, they'll run the length of the park all day and are an attacking threat to boot. newton I thought started poorly but came right into his game, mcklean looked decent and I hope his injury isn't to bad. Mcginn, for me is possibly our best player. pace, strength and skill to torment defenders all day, his goal was fantastic. McGowan is clearly back to full strength after his injury, he was our best attacking threat yesterday and thommo is probably in the best form of his career! holds the ball up well, first to every ball and never gives up!

Goodwin was diving in like an idiot yesterday when there was no need, hes good at what he does but was glad to see him hooked! DVZ has possibly found his new role for us, played fantastic in the role yesterday. Grainger coming on to let Kelly play higher up the park was a good move by lennon though he looks like his confidence is shot to bits, I hope he recovers his form from his hearts days! Game was done by the time harkins got on!

Madden had a shocker yesterday, some of the stuff he was giving utd in the first half was unreal! was right to book Goodwin and got the sending off spot on but his cards for newton and thommo??? what were they even for??

I think Thommo and Newton were booked for dissent,given the delayed reaction of the ref

Well, what a great "watch" that was. clap.gif

Put's a few things to bed that have bee thrown at the team & manager this season.

Goal drought..................................Check.

Never beating a "top six" team......................Check.

Like most I would have been satisfied with a draw before the game, and even that wasn't with any great expectation.

The next 2 games are winnable, even before yesterday, and a minimum of 4 points should see us in a more than comfortable position early In the New Year.

Scottish Cup final anyone? whistling.gif

Hey auld dunderheid we beat Saint Johnstone 4-3 Check

Don't like to see that at all. It should have been a straight red, and could have cost us dearly.

We'd be up in arms had it been a Utd player. Even if they were piss-poor in terms of diving and looking for our players to get booked, there is still no excuse for Jim steaming in like that.

What I see there is simulation, any contact there was happened to the left side of the United player's head, yet he falls to the ground holding the back of his head. Fortunately United are not attempting to have some sort of retrospective punishment applied to to Goodwin by plastering this clip on their official social media channel, because that would be embarrassing for them, given that the referee awarded the free-kick at the time and the rules state that the incident has been dealt with.

What I see there is simulation, any contact there was happened to the left side of the United player's head, yet he falls to the ground holding the back of his head. Fortunately United are not attempting to have some sort of retrospective punishment applied to to Goodwin by plastering this clip on their official social media channel, because that would be embarrassing for them, given that the referee awarded the free-kick at the time and the rules state that the incident has been dealt with.

You think its fine because Goodwin may have missed the guy when he swung his elbow at him? Im not saying he should be fined but lennon should have a serious word with him to cut it out, next time he may not miss and may be sent of. Hed be all the wankers under the sun had he been dismissed

This would also be a different story had it been a united player swinging an elbow at one of ours

He didn't award a free kick though,the ball went out for a throw in.

Interesting to note we have 2 players struggling for Sunday due to injuries recieved from yesterday game.

Must have been kicking the Utd players too hard

I actually had concerns about the body language of a few players... including Thommos after both his goals.

Something is not right. unsure.png

We've just beat the form team in the league 4-1 FFS

Dis you see Thommo's body language chasing and closing down their defenders all over the pitch, he worked solid for 90 mins.

We've just beat the form team in the league 4-1 FFS

Dis you see Thommo's body language chasing and closing down their defenders all over the pitch, he worked solid for 90 mins.

absolutely... not for one minute questioning his effort or commitment... but didn't you think that given the atmosphere and the effort he had put in, both goal "celebrations" were strangely low-key?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it... but it just didn't seem right to me.

(and what's with the opening sentence... I was directly responding to a comment made by someone... is that not what one does on a discussion forum "FFS"?)

Edited by BuddieinEK

absolutely... not for one minute questioning his effort or commitment... but didn't you think that given the atmosphere and the effort he had put in, both goal "celebrations" were strangely low-key?

(and what's with the opening sentence... I was directly responding to a comment made by someone... is that not what one does on a discussion forum "FFS"?)

Fair comment, however I was surprised to see a negative comment about our commitment in one of the most committed performances I've seen this season.

I actually had concerns about the body language of a few players... including Thommos after both his goals.

Something is not right. unsure.png

I know it was a long time ago, but anything to do with it being against his old club - and the one which gave him his chance?

Maybe he still has a soft spot for them, so didn't rub it in with the celebrations... while still putting in a fantastic performance for his true love :-)

Could it be because dundee united are one of his former clubs and he was showing respect?