St Mirren V Dundee Utd, 26Th Dec 2013

faraway saint

Will be satisfied if we keep this to a 2 goal deficit - United are flying just now and we never beat them at home. Hopefully last week's return to 'Tinker Man' DL is done with and we put a competitive team back on the pitch.

I fear the worst though and fully expect the howling on here to reach a crescendo when we lose today before things settle down again with a win over Hearts or Killie.

I can't count the times I've been striding dejectedly up love street, or greenhill road thinking that I can't see where our next win is coming from, only to be confounded and delighted by a sudden and inexplicable form reversal. We are the Paisley Saints and an unlikely win is due. I've not managed a game this season by virtue of the fact that I now live on the other side of the planet, but I live in hope... COYS.. I'm now off for a midnight swim and a cold cold beer, life is soo feckin hard down here.

That was "saint Mirren" though.

We are fast becoming "Saint Mirren 0" so where the goals will come from for an unexpected win confounds me prior to the match.

I hope to be eating my words by 4:50pm but hope is the best I can muster.

McGinn and McAusland in for Harkins and Mair. Not arguing with the changes, just a bit worried that I think we're back to the same team that failed to score against Hibs, Caley Thistle and Aberdeen.

Jeesus, the manager got slaughtered last week, changes it this week, getting it already.

Truth is our squad is so limited there are very few real options.

Manager picks an 11 from only probably 12/13 and that's about it.