Christmas Tv Programmes

faraway saint

I can take or leave Michael McIntyre, but please, someone, in the name of the wee man... Can someone please stop Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican ever appearing on a television screen ever again, under any circumstances. Grrrrr.

That Miranda one is absolutely honking....comedy my @#$&!!!!

I have to admit that one of my favourites was "It's a Knockout" with it's silly costumes and crazy laughing commentator.

All spoiled now by the fact that Stuart Hall was touching up a few youngsters in the crowd!!! Allegedly!

halls doing a show from prison...its a cockout..

Maybe it's just cause I'm a bit of a Scrooge or something but I've found Christmas TV to be unbelievably shite this year. Mrs Browns Boys was nowhere near funny although I got the feeling it was teeing up something for the next show. The Michael McIntrye thing was supposed to be getting shown for the first time but I'd see all his jokes before. And Open All Hours - which I was looking forward too - was toe curlingly bad and came out like a cross between Last of the Summer Wine and Heartbeat. The storyline was supposed to be about Granville taking over the shop and the story moving on but it played out with David Jason trying far too hard to do a really poor impersonation of Robbie Barker doing Arkwright. It was utter pish. And Limmys Show - I have never found him funny so I guess I deserve all I get for trying to watch it - was crass pish.

Thank Christ for Sky TV. At least a few of the movies they've shown have been watchable and the Trollied Christmas Special wasn't a complete wash out.

I am looking forward to the return of Sherlock this week but beyond that there more than a few people needing to lose their jobs over their poor programming choices over what is supposed to be an important time for the main stations.

Edited by Stuart Dickson