Super Saints V Hearts Top League 29/12/13

shull

We won the cup with Goodwin at centre back beating Celtic on the way. Surely he would have been a better option than the untried and untested Grainger? Which also included moving McGinn out of position and putting DVZ in the McGinn role.

Not when it's a "feart tae tackle" Goodie.

While I never said anything to the contrary, it's the fact that many ignore that quite a few players were "below the usual standard" that get's ignored by you and the other band of "Blame Lennon" for everything brigade while the same people as good as disappear when we, lets say, whip Dundee Utd 4-1.

Only post when we lose is pretty much the case. (Certainly more vocal)

If you are honest you and many others will NEVER give Lennon ay credit so any chance of real debate will never happen.

Hello Walter. Just back from my xmas holidays. (Did not disappear) Would just like to pick up on your jiberish. While i agree the result against the Arabs was a good result against a top 6 team. Watching the highlights does pick up that without going down to 10 men then the result (probably) would have finished completely differently. And although the result looks good on paper there subsequent result shows that just maybe we caught them on a poor run of form at the moment. Then came the shambolic result at HOME against the complete fodder team in the league and you get that feeling that the points total although sounding good, was in fact not good at all. Praise will be heaped on the manager by ME when we have runs of results in the league when we have back to back wins against these sorts of teams and on a more regular basis than just ONCE a year.

Hello Walter. Just back from my xmas holidays. (Did not disappear) Would just like to pick up on your jiberish. While i agree the result against the Arabs was a good result against a top 6 team. Watching the highlights does pick up that without going down to 10 men then the result (probably) would have finished completely differently. And although the result looks good on paper there subsequent result shows that just maybe we caught them on a poor run of form at the moment. Then came the shambolic result at HOME against the complete fodder team in the league and you get that feeling that the points total although sounding good, was in fact not good at all. Praise will be heaped on the manager by ME when we have runs of results in the league when we have back to back wins against these sorts of teams and on a more regular basis than just ONCE a year.

What? blink.png

PS I've read it again............................whit? bangin.gif

PPS Read it again, seems like you've written off our result against Dundee United as luck and our result against Hearts, who beat Aberdeen, as shite?

Thanks for that, you've confirmed you are indeed a true supporter of............................who do you support? 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

What? :blink:

PS I've read it again............................whit? :hammer

PPS Read it again, seems like you've written off our result against Dundee United as luck and our result against Hearts, who beat Aberdeen, as shite?

Thanks for that, you've confirmed you are indeed a true supporter of............................who do you support? :1eye

Shut it Walter :lol

We had the additional problem of a largely ineffective midfield (apart from the first 15-20 minutes) and Goodwin basically unable to make a tackle without risking a card. The team was reshuffled probably to try and address two problems - Cheesy having to go off and the midfield not winning many balls. After the first half it did make sense to go for 3 at the back and give Goodwin some help in midfield to try and win the ball there to allow McGinn, Newton and Gowser to try and create something.

The big problem was that we probably needed three substitutions as well as a replacement for Cheesy.

Finally someone trying to explain and support Lennon's second half reshuffle!

Does TWICE qualify?

After all, thats 100% more than you stated!

Edited by Vambo57

What? blink.png

Thanks for that, you've confirmed you are indeed a true supporter of............................who do you support? 1eye.gif

Thought you had me on IGNORE?????

Spouting more dodo were you...

What? blink.png

So when we play a team at the BOTTOM of the league at HOME, and who have picked up 1 point in there last 5 league games, am i as a supporter not entitled to think we should BEAT this team?????

And if you look at results for Hearts they have beat Aberdeen and Hibs both home and away this season. Our ONLY 2 good results this season have been at home to St.Johnstone and Dundee United. That is arguably 100% less than another poster tried to highlight against me. Doh.

Apart from the outstanding performance from Mr Marian Kello , we also had a great performance from Phil the announcer , who played That's Entertainment followed up by Goody Two Shoes by Adam and the Ants , I never had any time for Adam in his day but it was a great choice by Phil , nevertheless. .

So when we play a team at the BOTTOM of the league at HOME, and who have picked up 1 point in there last 5 league games, am i as a supporter not entitled to think we should BEAT this team?????

And if you look at results for Hearts they have beat Aberdeen and Hibs both home and away this season. Our ONLY 2 good results this season have been at home to St.Johnstone and Dundee United. That is arguably 100% less than another poster tried to highlight against me. Doh.

So when we play Sellick do you think 'we should lose this game' or do you think if we get stuck in and put on a decent display and they're not at their best we might get a shock result here ? That's what happened to us, we weren't at our best and Hearts are fighting for every point they can get.

So when we play Sellick do you think 'we should lose this game' or do you think if we get stuck in and put on a decent display and they're not at their best we might get a shock result here ? That's what happened to us, we weren't at our best and Hearts are fighting for every point they can get.

Yes i do. I never go in to a ceptik game thinking we will ever get anything out of it. We more often than not never do, and i am rarely dissapointed. The only time i ever go into a game against them thinking we might get anything is when i see the team lineup and it includes Zaluska in goal. And in those games i am rarely dissapointed also. sorcerer.gif

Yes i do. I never go in to a ceptik game thinking we will ever get anything out of it. We more often than not never do, and i am rarely dissapointed. The only time i ever go into a game against them thinking we might get anything is when i see the team lineup and it includes Zaluska in goal. And in those games i am rarely dissapointed also. sorcerer.gif

Maybe it's just me or it's an age thing but I find that a very depressing attitude. There's always a chance of a shock result otherwise what would be the point in actually playing any sport. As any professional sportsperson will tell you the vast majority of it is physcological, believing that you are the best and that you are going to win. Andy Murray showed it during the Wimbledon final with the way he got the crowd behind him and unsettled his opponent, Saints showed it in the LC semi final by getting the early goal against Sellick and the penalty save that rattled them. Hearts showed the will to get something out the game after going behind to an early goal and as we were not at our best it worked for them just as St Mirren will pull off shock results in future

Maybe it's just me or it's an age thing but I find that a very depressing attitude. There's always a chance of a shock result otherwise what would be the point in actually playing any sport. As any professional sportsperson will tell you the vast majority of it is physcological, believing that you are the best and that you are going to win. Andy Murray showed it during the Wimbledon final with the way he got the crowd behind him and unsettled his opponent, Saints showed it in the LC semi final by getting the early goal against Sellick and the penalty save that rattled them. Hearts showed the will to get something out the game after going behind to an early goal and as we were not at our best it worked for them just as St Mirren will pull off shock results in future

You are giving examples of games stretched over a long period of time and large intervals between good results. What im saying is that if we were to play ceptic tomorrow, 99 out of 100 punters would say ceptic would win. I know that every now and again you get that shock result that makes everyone of us exstatic. But you dont get say the bookies ever saying for example St.mirren havent won one for 4 years so we will reduce the odds because they must b due one now. Your example of Andy Murray is lame due to the fact he is one of the top players in the world and IS expected to beat your Nadals and Djokovices on a regular basis. Unlike us.

We were playing great football first 25 lively,great deliverys, and looking really dangerous I really enjoyed it but approaching half time the game died a bit but we were still totally in control. The strange substitution at half time and we were a total different team. Flat, terrible deliverys and nervous looking. I don't think Goodwin should've played because it was clear he was staying out of challenges and he is a player that has to give 100% thought McGinn was excellent but mom mcgregor 11 guys with his attitude and commitment and we wouldn't need to worry. Thanks to the guy outside the west stand that gave me the ticket

You're welcome