Would You Want To Sell St Mirren?

bazil85

If my ridiculous asking price was met I wouldn't hesitate. Man City apart, who in their right mind would want to continually pour money into a black hole and see little or no return on their "Investment" even if there was sentiment involved?

As mentioned in a previous above post, Sir David Murray was one of the few successes as was Fergus McCann at the green vermin who left with more than a decent return!

I think that would depend on what you classify as a success, if you're talking about winning trophies then yes he could be considered successful, but this came at the cost of the club he was involved with vastly overspending to the extent that their bank put someone on the board in order to control it, they were lucky it was only one creditor involved or it could have been administration at that point. His subsequent refusal to listen to his own board's advice led to him selling the club for £1 and it's eventually administration and demise. But in reality it was David Murray who started them on that particular road.

Yes I suppose he was very successful thumbup2.gif

• 1 month later...

So what's going on then, anyone ....................someone's thinking ( Evening Times ) that discussions are ongoing

"With the club still up for sale and negotiations thought to be ongoing with a potential buyer, Lennon understands why the directors are taking their time over his future, but hopes a resolution can be reached soon"