Adam Campbell Day - Killie Away

Bud the Baker

Question for the forum.

Does anyone know what formation we were playing in front of the back 4 at full time yesterday?

I know the falling:

Newton (RM) McGowan (CM) Grainger (LM)

The other 3 players on the park in front of the back 4 at full time were Harkins, Reilly and Campbell. Could anyone work out where they were meant to be playing? Because i couldn't, and it seemed they couldn't either.

Question for the forum.

Does anyone know what formation we were playing in front of the back 4 at full time yesterday?

I know the falling:

Newton (RM) McGowan (CM) Grainger (LM)

The other 3 players on the park in front of the back 4 at full time were Harkins, Reilly and Campbell. Could anyone work out where they were meant to be playing? Because i couldn't, and it seemed they couldn't either.

Think Reilly was supposed to right mid with Newton in one , but that was only briefly as once Harkins appeared we were a shambles !

Think Reilly was supposed to right mid with Newton in one , but that was only briefly as once Harkins appeared we were a shambles !

It was a cunning plan Baldrick thought up. If our players didn't know where they were playing, how the hell could Killie suss it? It bloody nearly worked.

Only now commenting on the game. When I saw Gowser moved back yet again to accomodate someone else (Campbell) my heart sank. Gowser's best position by far is behind Thommo and he cannot defend effectively when moved back one. IMHO Newton should have been played in front of the back four with Campbell playing wide right.

Second observation is the team was a shambles when the substitutions were made. Like Lex I had no idea who was supposed to be playing where and neither did any of the substitutes.

Young Kelly had his poorest game but he is a very good player so hopefully its a one-off. Reilly neeeds to get farmed out to see if he can improve and is any good for us. I really rate Newton but he was terrible. Hopefully his future gets sorted out soon so he can concentrate on what he is doing.

A bad day at the office but we should have had at least a draw.

Only now commenting on the game. When I saw Gowser moved back yet again to accomodate someone else (Campbell) my heart sank. Gowser's best position by far is behind Thommo and he cannot defend effectively when moved back one. IMHO Newton should have been played in front of the back four with Campbell playing wide right.

Second observation is the team was a shambles when the substitutions were made. Like Lex I had no idea who was supposed to be playing where and neither did any of the substitutes.

Young Kelly had his poorest game but he is a very good player so hopefully its a one-off. Reilly neeeds to get farmed out to see if he can improve and is any good for us. I really rate Newton but he was terrible. Hopefully his future gets sorted out soon so he can concentrate on what he is doing.

A bad day at the office but we should have had at least a draw.

Um, is it possible that McGowan is overrated?

Sure he brings a lot to the table but the one item lacking is goals, 2 so far this season - if he had this as part of his game he wouldn't still be here. You are correct that Lennon needs to find the correct balance but I don't think it's impossible last season we played Isma, Thompson, McGowan & Teale too in the Cup winning side although it put a lot of pressure on Newton & McGinn but it worked at times and we have a major trophy to show for it.

The team comes first and Lennon really has to find a way of accommodating his flair players - Imrie, Carey & now Harkins have all fared badly during his tenure.

Finally - too many bad days at the office in my opinion.