Saints V Celtic Lunchtime Sun 5 Jan

well we wouldnt want the club to have a functioning first team squad, would we

freudian slip?

Isn't it time you galvanised yourself for the remainder of the season?

No slip, just my usual amphibious reference.

Find it impossible to enthuse about the team under the current regime.

As for that boor "faraway", keep your smartarse comments to yourself please.

I hate these games, they're the only matches I don't look forward to whatsoever.

Pish kick off time, pish away fans, only one pie stall in the west open which means massive pie queues, will almost certainly be a pish game and we will almost certainly lose.

I hate these games, they're the only matches I don't look forward to whatsoever.

Pish kick off time, pish away fans, only one pie stall in the west open which means massive pie queues, will almost certainly be a pish game and we will almost certainly lose.

OR.

It could be a day when the mighty Saints turn on the style and go ballistic! I go to these games, buy the programme and shout myself hoarse in the hope of a memorable day!punk.gif

OR.

It could be a day when the mighty Saints turn on the style and go ballistic! I go to these games, buy the programme and shout myself hoarse in the hope of a memorable day!Posted Image

Could be! For that to happen we need Celtic off their game and us on it, which happened at Hampden last year. It's more likely we will get another 5-0 hiding sadly.

Can't expect or budget for any points against Celtic.

Just read this thread and I'm off to the Erskine Bridge !

I thought the rev I M Jolly was a long gone fictional character but clearly not.

We might get pumped but there again we might just win but either way these games are all but immaterial and in no way will define our season. Points against this vermin are a welcome bonus so hopefully the management and players will roll up the sleeves and get stuck in without fear (and lets all hope they don't go near this thread)

Time to focus on this game, too many loving the last defeat.

Celtic will gub us.....................who do we play next? ( © Forum nob end elvis)

They are just winning the last few games, they are no great shakes, work hard, close them down, we cannot afford to back off and give them space.

I'll be watching on the magic TV, wonder if I'm allowed to post comments on this game? (© forum bore Joe)

C'mon St Mirren. thumbup2.gif

There is nothing in the forum rules that states "faraway saint must answer every post on every thread", maybe you should have a wee break, you seem a little overwraught.

Maybe, with Goodie missing, a 3-5-2 line up would be our best option. (Ready for the onslaught).

What about:-

Kello

Naismith McGregor McAusland

Van Zanten Newton McGowan McGinn Kelly

Campbell Thompson

I think a 352 or even a 442 would see us pinned back from the start.

I'd be more tempted to go with the following... with Grainger in for McGinn if he isn't fit enough to start:

Whatever starting team and formation, if we are not in their faces for 95 minutes then we will lose. That said... we CAN win!

Kello

Naismith McGregor McAusland Kelly

DVZ Newton

Campbell McGowan McGinn

Thompson

You don't have to answer every post, it is not one of the rules of this forum.

There is nothing in the forum rules that states "faraway saint must answer every post on every thread", maybe you should have a wee break, you seem a little overwraught.

There's nothing to say you are a tedious cnut but you are. snore.giffish.gif

Away and give us another hilarious "Pallets sign" ripsnorter. bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I don't know how tomorrow will go but have always got a decent feeling when Celtic come to paisley they'll get a competitive game..

I predict a decent display from us and them coming out of a difficult game but unsure of final score.

Realistic expectations in this game for me would be a share of the points, and if we are to lose then avoiding a complete hiding. Given how we defended at Kilmarnock i'm far from confident that we can stop the green vermin from scoring but hopefully we can put up a good fight and make it difficult for them.

A repeat of the 4-0 thrashing from a few seasons back would do nicely, we can but dream.whistling.gif

Mon the Buddies.

The longer we can keep them from scoring, the better. It's all about the second phase ball, using width, belief of the team' letting the ball do the work and an amazing support from the stands.

3-1 Saints (DVZ, Cheezy and Campbell and a Thommo OG)

Crowd 5219

Not going today but I was wondering if the area behind the goal is standing only again. I think it's refreshing that Saints have reintroduced standing for fans especially in this cold weather and it should be encouraged. Perhaps this might even be extended to home fans in the future.

Games against the mob aren't for me nowadays (cup matches excepted).

I will be missing this one, and opted to spend my 20 odd quid going to the match on Thursday instead.

No prediction from me, but I hope we give a good account of ourselves.

We need to guard against an early goal - its always so sickening when we play Celtic and concede in the first 10 mins as it makes the game a non-event. It ain't rocket science but, even without Goodwin, we need a repeat of the start against Dundee Utd - get right in about them, snap at their heels, tackle hard. They need to realise early on that we aren't going to roll over and let them grab the 3pts without a fight.

COYS