St.johnstone A 11.1.14

norrie82

We need signings and fast. It's frustrating to see Partick and County bringing in fairly decent signings early in January while we're still sitting on our arses. No doubt looking for the 'right player'.

McGinn and McLean were clearly a big miss, but we're always going to have injuries/suspensions. We need to be able to deal with that.

The really worrying thing is that we apparently had no appetite for fight in the game.

Never thought for a moment we would pick up three points today three key players out and Grainger in.

We have a very thin squad when key players are out. Since day one in the top flight we have never even under Gus been far away from the drop zone why you think we should this season is strange. We are a very small club with not a lot of money to splash around as was said by Frank - Success for St Mirren is being in the top flight. Give us a full squad and we will pick up points along the way. Just takes a few to be out and we will struggle

Agree but there is still a few bits of dead wood that needs punted.

Carey, Harkins, Imrie, Parkin, Guy, Isma, Dummett all gone and replaced by whom?????

We tried to punt Mair and Bahonking but are unable to.

It's not rocket science we need players and we need them NOW

We need signings and fast. It's frustrating to see Partick and County bringing in fairly decent signings early in January while we're still sitting on our arses. No doubt looking for the 'right player'.

McGinn and McLean were clearly a big miss, but we're always going to have injuries/suspensions. We need to be able to deal with that.

The really worrying thing is that we apparently had no appetite for fight in the game.

We'll hear the usual shite from Lennon "we'll only bring the right player in if it's going to improve our group" what a load of pish!

This is making for brutal reading. I wouldn't even have contemplated heading to Perth today even if I was offered free tickets. Only been to one away league game this season and do not miss it all. We are a terrible team to watch on the road at the moment and can't see that changing anytime soon. We have a horrible record in Perth regardless if who is playing or managing St Johnstone. Very disappointing all round. The thistle game in a couple of weeks time is going tobr massive as it will be the next realistic game we are capable of getting something from..

We'll hear the usual shite from Lennon "we'll only bring the right player in if it's going to improve our group" what a load of pish!

Not sure why you think the above statement is a load of pish, it makes perfect sense to me. Why don't we do it bangin.gif

This is making for brutal reading. I wouldn't even have contemplated heading to Perth today even if I was offered free tickets. Only been to one away league game this season and do not miss it all. We are a terrible team to watch on the road at the moment and can't see that changing anytime soon. We have a horrible record in Perth regardless if who is playing or managing St Johnstone. Very disappointing all round. The thistle game in a couple of weeks time is going tobr massive as it will be the next realistic game we are capable of getting something from..

I'm sorry but we have no chance off getting anything from Thistle we are f**king shite .

Never thought for a moment we would pick up three points today three key players out and Grainger in.

We have a very thin squad when key players are out. Since day one in the top flight we have never even under Gus been far away from the drop zone why you think we should this season is strange. We are a very small club with not a lot of money to splash around as was said by Frank - Success for St Mirren is being in the top flight. Give us a full squad and we will pick up points along the way. Just takes a few to be out and we will struggle

Agreed!

We will look a different team in a few weeks time with McGinn back for the next game, Teale back in a few weeks, McLean back in a month as well as our 2 new signings before the window ends.

GK: Kello and Dilo both good enough to do well in SPL

RB: Naismith - good

LB: Kelly - doing alright

CB McGregor - good

CB McAusland - OK

Mid Goodwin - good

Mid McGinn - excellent

Mid McGowan - good / sometimes excellent

Mid Teale - excellent

Mid McLean - good / sometimes excellent

Striker - Thompson - excellent

Striker - Campbell - untested as this level but has potential to do well at SPL level

Squad players:

DVZ - best days behind him and having lost RB place now getting used as a utility mindfielder.

Mair - best days behind him

Grainger - seemed like a good signing but has yet to show any signs on the form he had before a long term injury

Reilly - showed great promise when he broke into the team but hasn't looked the same player yet after his long term injury. May need a run when the team is playing well and the pressure is off to flourish again?

Newton - decent SPL level player, not at his best out right but has still got among the goals and assists but very hit and miss when out wide.

Bahoken - fast enough to cause defences problems but doesn't seem to have the composure to finish or set up chances for others. Meh!

Brady - shows potential but largely untested at this level... might get a run if results pick up and the pressure is off?

I think the squad is good enough but we need our best players in the starting XI and only have 13 or 14 players at SPL standard with a few others who have the potential to reach that level and a few who were at that level previously but are now in decline.

The thing is, I believe when we have our best 11 available for selection, we are better than, or at very least equal to, Ross County, Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock. However, with a squad as pish thin as ours is the minute we loose even one of that best 11 we have nobody on the bench equal, or close to equal, ability to come on. We barely have anybody of ability whatsoever able to make an impact from the bench.

Add that to the fact that the manager begins every match with the same gameplan. Hold out and go for a 1-0...the problem is the second we concede a goal he shits the bed. He has no clue how to change anything for the better, every tactical change or substitution mind f**ks everyone else already on the pitch and we instantly turn to a dear stuck in the headlights.

I swear if we had a manage capable of looking at a game of football seeing where we are weak, addressing that without weakening any other part of the team then we'd be golden. Instead he sees, for example, a problem at centre half and his mind tells him "f**k IT! LEFT MID TO CENTRE BACK, RIGHT BACK TO LEFT MID, CENTRE HALF ON AT CENTRE MID AAAAARGH!"

There are a few problems at the club, the managers squad management is at the forefront.

The thing is, I believe when we have our best 11 available for selection, we are better than, or at very least equal to, Ross County, Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock. However, with a squad as pish thin as ours is the minute we loose even one of that best 11 we have nobody on the bench equal, or close to equal, ability to come on. We barely have anybody of ability whatsoever able to make an impact from the bench.

Add that to the fact that the manager begins every match with the same gameplan. Hold out and go for a 1-0...the problem is the second we concede a goal he shits the bed. He has no clue how to change anything for the better, every tactical change or substitution mind f**ks everyone else already on the pitch and we instantly turn to a dear stuck in the headlights.

I swear if we had a manage capable of looking at a game of football seeing where we are weak, addressing that without weakening any other part of the team then we'd be golden. Instead he sees, for example, a problem at centre half and his mind tells him "f**k IT! LEFT MID TO CENTRE BACK, RIGHT BACK TO LEFT MID, CENTRE HALF ON AT CENTRE MID AAAAARGH!"

There are a few problems at the club, the managers squad management is at the forefront.

Here, Here.

When we go down its going to be impossible to get back up right away could be another 15 years in the wilderness Rangers Hearts Falkirk etc right now we would get beat of any of the teams in that league .

Edited by elvis

I'm 99% sure Danny won't be here next season.

The question is simply, do we punt him now or wait till the end of the season? Either is a gamble.

Personally, I'd wait till the end of the season now, I think it's too late to bring another guy in.

What do you think?