St.johnstone A 11.1.14

norrie82

Tiresome to hear the old 'we're a wee team' and 'success for us is just being in the top flight' excuses being trotted out.

Outside the OF, the Embra clubs and Aberdeen, who isn't a wee team in Scotland? Hasn't stopped ICT, Motherwell, Fakes, Utd, etc, all making a decent fist of top 6 football.

If this attitude prevails throughout the club then a lot of individuals from the BoD, the management and players should take a good look at tha elves and think about moving on sooner rather than later.

Typical, in every walk of life it's always the little people that gets the blame.....

I'm 99% sure Danny won't be here next season.

The question is simply, do we punt him now or wait till the end of the season? Either is a gamble.

Personally, I'd wait till the end of the season now, I think it's too late to bring another guy in.

What do you think?

Realistically it's too late to bring in a new manager in time to let him assess the squad and then wheel & deal before the January window ends.

The only option I foresee this season is TnT taking over as a player-manager combo.

Is it only 3 & a bit months since Danny's last make or break game (against Hearts) - I've a feeling Thistle in a fortnight will be a biggie! Flush.gif

What arsehole said this prior to the Killie game?

Don't see either team making the Top Six or sliding down to 11th - let's put a bit of daylight between ourselves and Killie.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but what's new?

COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Wel there it is.........ashamed to admit it but we were always getting done today , almost feel regret at not backing 2-0 for them. It was as plain as ever. We are truly honking just now and have lost our way. Any seasoned troubled Saints fan just knows it

Not trawling all the previous here, just say it as it shapes up........

We are limited and now on borrowed time

We are STILL hamstrung till the club's future ownership is resolved.

We have a crew of tired , several unmotivated players who are clearly toiling with any belief or game plan

We've all seen this before

We deserve better.........

However in true ST MIrren style we'll hopefully as ever pull a few nonsense results outa nowhere and look back and wonder at the panic.

Point is though , for now , we are looking at accruing more losses going forward and will IMO be playing for our SPFL lives come the end of the season. I think this is my problem , I expect by now frankly better from ST MIrren, a team in the top league for seven feckin seasons now, season after season., yet we remain constant relegation fodder.

Ladies and gents, it just doesn't ever seem to happen eh ??

Murder..........

Great, I mostly go to away games. lol.gif

Although I doubt that's true, I think I've seen us win more than that.

I've been to 3 away league games since we came into the top league in 2006.

AND WE WON EVERY F*CKING ONE !!! clap.gif

If he gave 100% at QOTS then he should just retire now.

Yep. He was bullied out of that game by first division (sorry, championship) players, but then again so were most of the Saints on show !!

I love to see our club bring young players through but hes been on the fringes now for over two years & nothing ! Last chance saloon for young Reilly is a spell with a Cowdenbeath type team to see if he can develop into the player most of us want him to be ,but sadly ,im not sure if its there .

While hes at it, i`d suggest Three shredded wheat and a big bowl of porridge every morning !!

Would be interested to know how many of those 8 were post split 'dead rubber' wins - like the 3-0 win at Kille where they played kids, and how many were the real deal.

Wonder how many of our losses were "dead rubber" games?

A win's a win, if we'd lost these games "against kids" it would still be used to hammer the manager, can't see how it's relative unless it's to detract from the 3 points or win gained?

At the start of the season friendly games were used as fuel against the manager, do they count?

Wonder how many of our losses were "dead rubber" games?

A win's a win, if we'd lost these games "against kids" it would still be used to hammer the manager, can't see how it's relative unless it's to detract from the 3 points or win gained?

At the start of the season friendly games were used as fuel against the manager, do they count?

Of course it's relative. 8 from 50 is utter shit. I would be interested to know how many may have been of an 'end of season' variety where in many cases, players are already thinking about summer holidays.

It's a perfectly valid question.