St.johnstone A 11.1.14

norrie82

When it is clearly not working, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect something different to happen. I believe we are at our best when we are playing a pressing game and not allowing other teams to dictate. I'd put Connor into the centre mid to give us a bit of energy in there and play McGinn alongside him. Its a shame that Kenny McLean was coming onto a game and then gets injured but suppose thats the breaks and these things will happen. We are also badly missing Gary Teale on the right hand side.

Annoying thing for me is that we do have decent players but are basically being ougtfought and overrun in most games. We really need to freshen up the squad even if it is with a couple of short term deals to end of the season. Imagine say someone comes in with an offer for McGinn in this window and then Thommo gets injured .... we'd be f*cked !

This broken clock has been correct every day for months and months but no one would listen now all of a sudden they see this broken clock has been correct all this TIME.

We're a Bottom Six team - losing more games than we win is the norm for us in the top flight and in case you haven't noticed we're still above Thistle & County. There's plenty of time left this season for twists and turns - the time to crow will be at the end of the season if we finish 11th.

An attempt to show some restraint, didn't last long. :lol:lol:lol

:lol:lol:lol

Calm down Norrie, it's well known you have seen gloom and doom for a long time, your prerogative.

Like many others it's the incessant repetitive blame on our manager that, IMO, loses any credibility.

The manager has made mistakes, the BoD, seemingly, are very tight with funds, and the players, watching the performance today should be ashamed at

times.

Add all that together and you get a club in turmoil. No sign of any improvement, not much for even the most positive "supporters" to grasp and the prospect of us getting dragged into a battle to avoid the play off place.

BUT this isn't a done deal that we WILL be there, much as some would love us to believe.

It's the, seemingly, desire to look at the worst case scenario all the time, the constant blame culture aimed at ONE man, that really takes the biscuit.

Also the increased voice of "supporters" when we lose and the opposite when we win, as rare as that is, that smacks of hypocrisy.

It's not life or death, it's a hobby/pastime and the level of narrow minded posts are truly astounding.

Faraway I was on here praising the team not long ago and I have tried of late to be supportive but that performance yesterday following two defeats wasn't up to it. The team were all over the place. I'm fed up watching the same old crap we have been beaten in the vast majority of away games and also hardly ever win at home. It's my opinion and I know you won't agree but he has had long enough to sort it and instead of fighting for the top six were now being dragged into this playoff farce. I don't want to be in the playoff and I think that a manager that has shopped so badly in the transfer market and seems incapable of getting the best out of talent such as McGowan, Thompson and McGinn now needs to realise he is running out of time

Faraway I was on here praising the team not long ago and I have tried of late to be supportive but that performance yesterday following two defeats wasn't up to it. The team were all over the place. I'm fed up watching the same old crap we have been beaten in the vast majority of away games and also hardly ever win at home. It's my opinion and I know you won't agree but he has had long enough to sort it and instead of fighting for the top six were now being dragged into this playoff farce. I don't want to be in the playoff and I think that a manager that has shopped so badly in the transfer market and seems incapable of getting the best out of talent such as McGowan, Thompson and McGinn now needs to realise he is running out of time

The "performance yesterday" was, as far as I seen, down to the players, including 2 of the 3 you mentioned.

I happen to think that our "talent" underperform on a regular basis, leaving the manager out to dry.

Let's agree to disagree, it's all beginning to go in circles.

Yes. At the end of the day , the team seem to lack management in the general sense.......that tends to indicate a lack of something .

The "performance yesterday" was, as far as I seen, down to the players, including 2 of the 3 you mentioned.

I happen to think that our "talent" underperform on a regular basis, leaving the manager out to dry.

A question to ponder......What would produce better results-clearing out the players, letting Danny sign new ones and organising them into his scheme.....or getting rid of Danny and letting another manager use this group of players.No doubt the views on that would be split as usual,but given Dannys transfer record and tactical decisions,then the first option is scary. The third option,which will likely happen,is we muddle on to the end of the season watching poor performances and hoping for the best

very disappointing yesterday if a bit predictable.

I imagine we have enough about us to avoid 11th spot and hazardous play off.

But why the f**k were we wearing yellow against St Johnstone? for no reason.

Where is the pride in the famous black and white stripes?

That would be a downer to players and supporters before the game even started.

yes yes....I know that is not the reason for poor performance and defeat....but, B&W please.

Well, he's brought most of them in or decided to bring them up from the youth team. Far too often Danny picks his pet projects or plays them ahead of others, we have loan agreements for kids featuring must play clauses, our lone striker is isolated and forced out wide, a creative player like McGowan gets lost in the midfield battle, we've no width, players are given nothing to work with, too much fannying about at the back, "maybe we should be a bit more direct" results in punt football and the team go out every week having been told how brilliant the opposition are.

Out to dry would be the correct term if Danny didn't sign players, run training, organise the team, talk the players through what is expected and then select the team. As it is, he does do all of that and is more often than not left wanting on a number of levels.

I can't see a Cup run deflecting anyone's attention and a post-xmas run like last season will see us in the play-off place.

Well, he's brought most of them in or decided to bring them up from the youth team. Far too often Danny picks his pet projects or plays them ahead of others, we have loan agreements for kids featuring must play clauses, our lone striker is isolated and forced out wide, a creative player like McGowan gets lost in the midfield battle, we've no width, players are given nothing to work with, too much fannying about at the back, "maybe we should be a bit more direct" results in punt football and the team go out every week having been told how brilliant the opposition are.

Out to dry would be the correct term if Danny didn't sign players, run training, organise the team, talk the players through what is expected and then select the team. As it is, he does do all of that and is more often than not left wanting on a number of levels.

I can't see a Cup run deflecting anyone's attention and a post-xmas run like last season will see us in the play-off place.

I'm sure Lennon would have liked to bring in "real" players but they are thin on the ground when you're offering peanuts.

Again, talking into circles here.

Cheers.

Edited by faraway saint

very disappointing yesterday if a bit predictable.

I imagine we have enough about us to avoid 11th spot and hazardous play off.

But why the f**k were we wearing yellow against St Johnstone? for no reason.

Where is the pride in the famous black and white stripes?

That would be a downer to players and supporters before the game even started.

yes yes....I know that is not the reason for poor performance and defeat....but, B&W please.

FJ is right here..

It may be a relatively minor point in the grand scheme but it is totally symptomatic of us just now.

We appear to be lacking in an attitude, an image of ourselves as a club, a decent belief system and there is a significant lack of pride on display.

All the little things that are on their own 'somewhat insignificant 'soon build into something rather ominous.

As a club we seem to be blowing out of our arses all over the place just now.

just another game where majority look like they just cant be bothered,this has happened on a regular basis since danny took over,every 6/7 games we get a game like this ,now im not saying everybody can play great every week but we seem to have too many games where most of team don't turn up,yesterday just another one of these games that too many on here seem to accept,lennon really has to start turning things around,this is out 2nd slump of the season and were only 21 games in

I've been hopping mad but waited a day before posting. After this latest(predictable) defeat, it appears that the general consensus is that the manager is unsackable because it would be too expensive, lol. So despite being patently incompetent-not to mention an embarrassment when he speaks to the media- and having an atrocious league record, we wi ll just have to put up with him for the meantime ?

In which case, watch the already paltry crowds dwindle further, and for goodness sake don't give him ANY money to further squander in the transfer market.

Alternatively, dismiss the worst manager in Scotland first thing in the morning!

I've been hopping mad but waited a day before posting. After this latest(predictable) defeat, it appears that the general consensus is that the manager is unsackable because it would be too expensive, lol. So despite being patently incompetent-not to mention an embarrassment when he speaks to the media- and having an atrocious league record, we wi ll just have to put up with him for the meantime ?

In which case, watch the already paltry crowds dwindle further, and for goodness sake don't give him ANY money to further squander in the transfer market.

Alternatively, dismiss the worst manager in Scotland first thing in the morning!

Great post. whistling.gif

Danny is not on a big wage and is in the last few months of his contract, the club CAN afford to sack him if they want.

Seems you waited 24 hours for nothing.

Edited by beyond our ken

Absolutely honking performance. Was like watching a lower league team simply waiting for when the top league team would inevitably score.

For season after season we seem to put together teams who can compete with the best on their day but all too often as soon as they get a bit of breathing space decide they've done enough and can coast until they need to perform again rather than have the pride to push on like other smaller teams have. Even the highlight of our decade was like that... 3-1 up in Cup final and everyone shuts down leaving a nervous edge of the seat ending...typical of the sides we've had for years.

Edited by WirralSaint